Opinion Effort & Attitude is Outstanding

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Resign him????
If it’s not the coach at fault for player performance, why is it Branko lee is now scoring try’s for the storm...
Lachlan burr...Shaun lane...Moses suli.All playing better footy. This list goes on!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blind Freddy will also tell you that every team has struggled to hold teams out on the back of back to back repeat sets. Just as we did tonight.

If you cut out the 2 acts of stupidity from Foran and Wakeham we’d have conceded 2 less try’s.

Can’t fault the coach tonight. Thought we played some pretty good footy.
True, and the Sharks were blessed with magic hands, catching final passes and kicks that they might have dropped against a stronger team putting pressure on them.
Even when we had a chance to get back into the game, our middle was standing flat waiting for passes, then throwing long balls to players already marked. Where were the short passes to running forwards, and the backs following them through?

There were some good individual efforts tonight, and I'd like to see Wakeham and Averillo remain in the side; but we are way off the mark as a unit.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks scored all their tries on the flanks

Pay persistence with this up and in compressed defence costs us wins just like tonight

Blind Freddy can see what’s happening yet he fails to make the adjustments
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me fool me 3 times I'm just a shit coach! You change the bloody defence style on the run once you let in not 1 not 2 but 3 trys in exactly the same manner on the exact same side.
Pathetic coaching!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
But Pay has signed or resigned nearly everyone in this squad.. He’s the one who’s bringing in the chump change and playing them in front of others that probably deserve just as good a go. I loved the effort tonight but where was this last week? We look slower and not as fit as any other team in the competition and that is on this coaching group. Times up
90% have been minimum wage signings mate. You’re not gonna get result-influencing talent.

I’m not gonna question fitness either. Line speed in the second half was exceptional, fair indicator of fitness levels.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True, and the Sharks were blessed with magic hands, catching final passes and kicks that they might have dropped against a stronger team putting pressure on them.
Even when we had a chance to get back into the game, our middle was standing flat waiting for passes, then throwing long balls to players already marked. Where were the short passes to running forwards, and the backs following them through?

There were some good individual efforts tonight, and I'd like to see Wakeham and Averillo remain in the side; but we are way off the mark as a unit.
Very true sir.

Also our support players are non-existant. Counted at least 3 times where a support player would of broke the line.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Resign him????
If it’s not the coach at fault for player performance, why is it Branko lee is now scoring try’s for the storm...
Lachlan burr...Shaun lane...Moses suli.All playing better footy. This list goes on!!!
Fantastic example mate. Brenko runs off plays involving the greatest hooker of all time and Munster. Might have something to do with it.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody can question this teams effort and how hard they try, that's not the issue but the Footy IQ in this team collectively is B grade at best. Some of the shit they do is mind blowing. How many times do they give away dum penaltys or 6 again or stupid plays at stupid times of the game.
Coach is a joke and the footy smarts in this team is zero

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic example mate. Brenko runs off plays involving the greatest hooker of all time and Munster. Might have something to do with it.[/

You can thank the coach Bellamy for that, he knows how to utilise players potential. Pay doesn’t.Same can be said with Moses Suli, Des has turned him around not the team.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The effort was the players which was good to see but nothing to do with pay, pay can make way for bellamy lmao

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Elliot is 10kg off being a hand ful just too small to play close to the middle
He runs hard just physically not there yet
He’s probably about the same weight give or take as Radley... just nowhere near as effective in middle.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic performance from the team tonight. I can't really fault it. We really need to get better at not giving away six agains at crucial times tho. I think two or three of them led to the Sharks having good field position and evidently scoring points. I 100% agree with extending Pay, the only reason why I wouldn't is if a top coach was available for 2021. We also need to make a decision soon (really now) so we're able to recruit and re-sign players. It's great (it actually makes me really happy) to see the players playing for the coach even in these tough circumstances and it's going to put us in a really good position next year with the recruits we should have coming in.
No one is signing under Pay!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s probably it the same weight give or take as Radley... just nowhere near as effective in middle.
Radley has our in some size this year he is a machine very strong too Elliot just seems to light

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resign him????
Agree with everything but Suli, he didn’t hey a chance to play for us!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s why the longer he stays, the worse it’s gonna get
Agree totally!

I’ll ask the Pay lovers again, What was our attacking game plan tonight?

You could see the defensive one easy, that’s why sharks scored all their tries out wide!

I couldn’t work out the attacking one at all!

Sack Pay!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Radley has our in some size this year he is a machine very strong too Elliot just seems to light
Maybe but he was very effective last year and the year before at a lighter weight (assuming he did put on weight this year) and same as Cam Murray another middle forward similar weight to Elliot. Under the new rules with the quicker game Elliot’s size is well suited in attack.