Opinion Effort & Attitude is Outstanding

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Give Deano that contract extension.

The attitude of this group is unquestionably positive and they’re playing for the coach.

We were punished on the back of stupidity tonight, and didn’t exactly have the rub of the green. Yet the effort never waivered.

Everyone’s ripping in, everyone’s hungry to succeed. We’re just missing that bit of genuine quality and craft amongst the cattle.

With Thommo plus a couple of extra quality players in the 17 out there next year I can’t wait to see what we can do when combined with the current levels of effort and morale.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks scored all their tries on the flanks

Pay persistence with this up and in compressed defence costs us wins just like tonight

Blind Freddy can see what’s happening yet he fails to make the adjustments

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot deserves credit, based on the effort, and how pumped he was after the try, he is there trying to win, he wants to win and he had passion for the bulldogs jersey,and was one of the best tonight, so in that aspect Alone you can’t take that away from him..!!

but no... NO contract extension for pay, he’s gotta go..!!

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The effort tonight was good but where was it against Manly and the Roosters? Truth be told, Cronulla are a bottom four team and tonight was a sloppy game.

Pay's insistence on having our attack run through the props as first receiver every play slows the attack down and gives the halves and outside men no time with the ball.

It's about more than effort. Pay can't teach the X's and O's and is out of his depth tactically. It's time to move on Horse. He's had two and a half seasons and we're not improving.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharks scored all their tries on the flanks

Pay persistence with this up and in compressed defence costs us wins just like tonight

Blind Freddy can see what’s happening yet he fails to make the adjustments
Blind Freddy will also tell you that every team has struggled to hold teams out on the back of back to back repeat sets. Just as we did tonight.

If you cut out the 2 acts of stupidity from Foran and Wakeham we’d have conceded 2 less try’s.

Can’t fault the coach tonight. Thought we played some pretty good footy.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Give Deano that contract extension.

The attitude of this group is unquestionably positive and they’re playing for the coach.

We were punished on the back of stupidity tonight, and didn’t exactly have the rub of the green. Yet the effort never waivered.

Everyone’s ripping in, everyone’s hungry to succeed. We’re just missing that bit of genuine quality and craft amongst the cattle.

With Thommo plus a couple of extra quality players in the 17 out there next year I can’t wait to see what we can do when combined with the current levels of effort and morale.
I am no sure to laugh, or cry, right now

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you are right, we are overachieving

we should got out and celebrate at Rashays

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blind Freddy will also tell you that every team has struggled to hold teams out on the back of back to back repeat sets. Just as we did tonight.

If you cut out the 2 acts of stupidity from Foran and Wakeham we’d have conceded 2 less try’s.

Can’t fault the coach tonight. Thought we played some pretty good footy.
You thought wrong.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The attitude was good for a short period in the second half. Where was it for the rest of the game? Eliots the only one that has a crack for 80. All the islanders just chillaxing churrrr

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fantastic performance from the team tonight. I can't really fault it. We really need to get better at not giving away six agains at crucial times tho. I think two or three of them led to the Sharks having good field position and evidently scoring points. I 100% agree with extending Pay, the only reason why I wouldn't is if a top coach was available for 2021. We also need to make a decision soon (really now) so we're able to recruit and re-sign players. It's great (it actually makes me really happy) to see the players playing for the coach even in these tough circumstances and it's going to put us in a really good position next year with the recruits we should have coming in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just don’t see how Pay can be blamed for the lack of discipline.

Jacko knock on - Sharks try next set.
Wakeham binned - Sharks try next set.
Foz restart on 5th - Sharks try next set.

Some dumb plays, some dubious calls but no shortage of effort. I still believe the lack of quality across the park is the key issue.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot deserves credit, based on the effort, and how pumped he was after the try, he is there trying to win, he wants to win and he had passion for the bulldogs jersey,and was one of the best tonight, so in that aspect Alone you can’t take that away from him..!!

but no... NO contract extension for pay, he’s gotta go..!!
I think Elliot is 10kg off being a hand ful just too small to play close to the middle
He runs hard just physically not there yet

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fantastic performance from the team tonight. I can't really fault it. We really need to get better at not giving away six agains at crucial times tho. I think two or three of them led to the Sharks having good field position and evidently scoring points. I 100% agree with extending Pay, the only reason why I wouldn't is if a top coach was available for 2021. We also need to make a decision soon (really now) so we're able to recruit and re-sign players.
Didnt someone mention all their tries came from the 6 again rort?

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Problem is the effort and attitude is there and we still can’t beat average teams. Sp what happens, they get disheartened, and eventually the effort drops and attitude falters. We need to get everything right and we’re still getting a lot wrong.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id Pay is coach. We may as well give 3mil to Hoppa. No other decent player will come