News Eels v Bulldogs: Sivo suspended; Star recruits ready to go

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Eels will be out to avenge a dramatic fall from Grand Finalists to a 10th-place finish while the Bulldogs will be hoping to see some early dividends after another hotly anticipated recruitment drive.

After struggling to adjust to the loss of several key stars last season, stability should be a big strength for Brad Arthur's side with minimal changes from 2023 and star trio Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown giving fans plenty to be excited about in Sunday's Pre-Season clash.

Their 2022 grand final appearance already seems an age ago but the fire will still be burning in Parramatta as the core group look to rediscover the form that had fans backing them against the three-time Premiers.

Meanwhile, the 2023 season was one to close the door on after finishing in 15th place but greater depth and competition in key positions can only help Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo improve on last season’s 7-17 return.

After playing just a 20-minute cameo in his first appearance for the Bulldogs last Friday, it will be all systems go with new skipper Stephen Crichton set to headline a host of new recruits making their official club debut including the likes of Drew Hutchison, Bronson Xerri and Blake Taaffe.

Team News
Eels: Maika Sivo's three-game ban for a high shot against the Titans will force a backline reshuffle with Bailey Simonsson likely to shift to the wing and new recruit Morgan Harper partner Will Penisini in the centres. A hamstring is likely to see prop Wiremu Greig sidelined for Round 1 with Ofahiki Ogden set to be given an opportunity on the bench. Joey Lussick and Brendan Hands look likely to share the job at hooker.

Bulldogs: Stephen Crichton is expected to return at centre alongside fellow recruit Bronson Xerri, with Blake Taaffe at fullback. After starting both Pre-Season clashes, former Rooster Drew Hutchison and Matt Burton are likely to line up again in the halves leaving Toby Sexton without a spot. Jaeman Salmon is likely to get first shot at lock with Josh Curran starting on the bench.

Stat Attack
  • The Eels have won seven of their past eight games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have won only two of their past 15 games at CommBank Stadium.
  • Eels fullback Clint Gutherson has scored nine tries in his past 10 games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have opened with a win only once in the past seven years.
  • Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown will make his 100th NRL appearance

Last edited:

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cmon doggies show us sumfin please.
Burton please run the ball.
Taffe catch the ball and where a chance

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only 9 threads on the main page DJDeep.. You can do better than that man.. Hopefully you find a few more Roar articles to post..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it ground hog day .. same articles over and over ..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s a shame , Sivo has been terrible the past season.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't like these articles/threads? Don't read em.
Not hard is it? Can you imagine how threadbare the forum would be without discussion on round 1? Everyone is excited with how good we will go including me but they ruin the vibe of the thread with their complaining. Disappointing actions and behaviour from some of our most senior posters

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Eels will be out to avenge a dramatic fall from Grand Finalists to a 10th-place finish while the Bulldogs will be hoping to see some early dividends after another hotly anticipated recruitment drive.

After struggling to adjust to the loss of several key stars last season, stability should be a big strength for Brad Arthur's side with minimal changes from 2023 and star trio Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown giving fans plenty to be excited about in Sunday's Pre-Season clash.

Their 2022 grand final appearance already seems an age ago but the fire will still be burning in Parramatta as the core group look to rediscover the form that had fans backing them against the three-time Premiers.

Meanwhile, the 2023 season was one to close the door on after finishing in 15th place but greater depth and competition in key positions can only help Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo improve on last season’s 7-17 return.

After playing just a 20-minute cameo in his first appearance for the Bulldogs last Friday, it will be all systems go with new skipper Stephen Crichton set to headline a host of new recruits making their official club debut including the likes of Drew Hutchison, Bronson Xerri and Blake Taaffe.

Team News
Eels: Maika Sivo's three-game ban for a high shot against the Titans will force a backline reshuffle with Bailey Simonsson likely to shift to the wing and new recruit Morgan Harper partner Will Penisini in the centres. A hamstring is likely to see prop Wiremu Greig sidelined for Round 1 with Ofahiki Ogden set to be given an opportunity on the bench. Joey Lussick and Brendan Hands look likely to share the job at hooker.

Bulldogs: Stephen Crichton is expected to return at centre alongside fellow recruit Bronson Xerri, with Blake Taaffe at fullback. After starting both Pre-Season clashes, former Rooster Drew Hutchison and Matt Burton are likely to line up again in the halves leaving Toby Sexton without a spot. Jaeman Salmon is likely to get first shot at lock with Josh Curran starting on the bench.

Stat Attack
  • The Eels have won seven of their past eight games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have won only two of their past 15 games at CommBank Stadium.
  • Eels fullback Clint Gutherson has scored nine tries in his past 10 games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have opened with a win only once in the past seven years.
  • Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown will make his 100th NRL appearance.
Interesting stats on the Eels dominance of our club. Being so poor against our main rival has really put us on the scrap heap. I’d give anything to beat them twice this year. Surely with Morgan Harper in the team we can get the win. Great article @djdeep4172

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't like these articles/threads? Don't read em.
Exactly this.
I don’t understand the hard on for @djdeep4172 in here?
He just posts all the articles on the bulldogs? IMO he’s providing a service because I don’t have to give clicks to those shithouse sites.
sure, across multiple media channels some articles are going to say the same shit, but you don’t have to comment. Just open it “oh I’ve already read this” close and move on.
I’m convinced some of the users on here would kick a sleeping homeless man.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly this.
He just posts all the articles on the bulldogs? IMO he’s providing a service because I don’t have to give clicks to those shithouse sites.
sure, across multiple media channels some articles are going to say the same shit, but you don’t have to comment. Just open it “oh I’ve already read this” close and move on.
I think the mods have to put out a warning because the abuse is unwarranted. djdeep doesn’t bite back either which makes their crap even worse

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly this.
I don't mind these threads either as it saves me looking.

My only criticism is @djdeep4172 should be quoting the source of the article (assuming he's not making them all up himself).

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
telecrap predicts 1 and 5 first 6 games going to be another long year if that happens

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How crucial is our 6 & 7 gonna be this year,I still think Burton And a ton of sex are way to go,Hutchinson a bit to slow for me.
If Burton starts to run more and show more we are a chance for the year.
But we also have issues with our hooker and being light in forwards.
I’ll just pray for a season miracle.