eBay and You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update:

Due to the amount of negative feedback he received, his account has been closed and I looked in my bank account and I the money had been returned - I'm guessing the money is kept in limbo for some time period and if there is an issue it can be sent back? I dunno, seems odd to me.

Anyway, ended up buying another copy off ebay for $50 and got it and it works fine - so win win all round!
YES!
Love it when the honest guy wins!!

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I love ebay and have bought many things from there.

Good to hear your cash has been returned

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a pair of Teva sandals I like that would have to come from the United Kingdom.

Says no delivery fees, but should I be aware of any hidden expenses?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've seen a pair of Teva sandals I like that would have to come from the United Kingdom.

You will be ok. PayPal will save you any rorting.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If it says free delivery, it'll be free.
I must've bought 100 items from eBay over the years, I've never had a problem.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Make sure you're logged in. Sometimes it says "Free delivery" when you're not logged in but when you log in if it says free delivery then it's free delivery.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you're logged in. Sometimes it says "Free delivery" when you're not logged in but when you log in if it says free delivery then it's free delivery.
Thanks.

I've noted a few tricky catches - eg the price might say $10, but once you log in and start the order, suddenly it is US$10. Or something like that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never buy a dress off ebay though...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what happens if you order from another website. They take your money and don't reply to your emails?

Can you go to the bank to get your money back or do you have to wait.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happens if you order from another website. They take your money and don't reply to your emails?

Your friend still waiting on that ASSASSIN?

~c.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If you used your credit card, you'd probably get it back. If you direct deposited into their account, it's gone.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

If you use Credit Card you may be able to get it back if you have insurance (most credit cards have some level of insurance). If you used Paypal you can get it back easily by raising a case with Paypal.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you use Credit Card you may be able to get it back if you have insurance (most credit cards have some level of insurance). If you used Paypal you can get it back easily by raising a case with Paypal.
Stupid question would debit cards have insurance like credit cards?

I don't really trust sites that don't accept PayPal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid question would debit cards have insurance like credit cards?

I don't really trust sites that don't accept PayPal.
It should, but it really depends on the organisation. Some banks and accounts won't provide any insurance. Best to contact the bank to find out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It should, but it really depends on the organisation. Some banks and accounts won't provide any insurance. Best to contact the bank to find out.
Sweet. Thanks for the info.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Any avid eBay users here?

I use it all the time and have never had a problem with it. Until now.

I bought Rugby League Live from an Australian seller for $65 (it started at 0.99).

He was selling quite a few of them, had 100% positive rating and it appeared that in the past he had mainly sold DVD's / PS3 and Xbox 360 games.

Anyway, I bought this item on Tuesday and still have not heard back from him. I didn't think much of it until I logged on today to find he has just received a negative rating from someone who also bought RLL and hasn't heard from him or received the item in 11 days.

What am I able to do if it gets to this point? Is there anyway to receive my $$ back. To further complex things I paid via bank deposit, stupidly, because I normally pay via PayPal. I did this as he requested it would be easier, so I figured "why not". Now I'm worried as from my understanding there is no real security unless its via PayPal.

P*ssed Off.
I always pay by paypal for this reason

Status
Not open for further replies.