Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
10 of our points were scored off interceptions… Our attack still doesn't scare anyone.
It was still much much better. Don't forget we were down to 15 players and for much of the 2nd half we had our best strike weapon sitting on the wing with Jackson at centre.

We made line breaks and looked sharp. That was a vast improvement.

In saying that I really hope we don't underestimate Manly. If we aren't switched on we might be ambushed ourselves

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Definitely strong enough. I don't care if we only score one point as long as the opponents score 0. I just think anyone saying that people are scared of our attack are kidding themselves. We have the worst attack left alive in the comp. Fortunately our defence is as good if not better than anyone else's.

Also as good as Melbourne has been on defence and at home historically this year their defence was average at best. probably the worst of any team in the 8 and they only went 8-4 at home. We still have a loooooooong way to go. We haven't proven anything yet. Other than that we aren't anywhere near as bad as we were in that second half v the GC.
Young fella (I can call you that as I am double you're age) we had this point done to death last week amid all the doom and gloom. Low and behold we thrashed Melbourne in Melbourne.

Finals is a new ball game. Enjoy the ride and don't worry too much about the science of it. We have our own crazy scientist to try and steer the boys through. Win or lose, I will be there in full voice on Saturday supporting them!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
25000+ in blue and white and in full voice will wipe out the 500 in maroon

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We fell way under the radar last week. Not possible now. Manly won't take us lightly. It wil be tight.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We fell way under the radar last week. Not possible now. Manly won't take us lightly. It wil be tight.
The only thing thats light is the entire manly side, Our boys will blow them off the park.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happened to Balin again? He might be in last min. Mind games.

Re-watched the last few mins of round 25 them vs the panthers. And then I thought of Brown. My spine just shivered literally.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What happened to Balin again? He might be in last min. Mind games.

Re-watched the last few mins of round 25 them vs the panthers. And then I thought of Brown. My spine just shivered literally.
Ah Ninja , they might as well replace their forward pack with the cast of Hi -5 , no one will notice the difference .

Sure Brown is shit atm but we have another 16 who are not . Hope our centres smash theirs , while ratface is a good player I love seeing Jmoz get the better of him .

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is definitely blood in the water but guys lets not forget this is manly! Best halves in the game, best backline in the game. We can never count them out. They dominated the whole season and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lift.

Just hope the boys aren't complacent. The radio interview with hokko pissed me off.. Gave me the impression that he was lapping it up after 1 week of above average performance. I don't like that. Just keep your head down and prove yourself in the coming weeks. Don't go state of origin on us.

If anyone here has contact with the players get in their ear and fire them up. I don't want to be ambushed. Our win % when were favourites is piss poor at best. That tells me our boys aren't focused. So please give them a slap on the side of the head.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One good game in 9 weeks of football im not overly confident .Im worried that the bulldogs of the last 8 weeks might show up.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't ballin break his leg.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They shouldn't underestimate us my friend.
Why not? We have over estimated ourselves on quite a few occasions and got whacked for it :( Just saying!!! We should never underestimate our opponents, no matter who they are. Every game from now is a grand final for us. There is no tomorrow which should make us very dangerous people.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Dream semifinal!!

Manly are in disarray, their players aren't talking to each other, senior players want out, their key player is playing like shit, their board sucks... We should be putting a cricket score on them.
Manly also seem to strive in adversity like us

Status
Not open for further replies.