Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we playing at ANZ or Allianz?

Also a big factor you'd have to think would be Manly's lack of dummy half options if Ballin and Hodges are out. Today the storm made good ground through Cameron Smith in the second half which is where I thought we were vulnerable.

Oh wow playing at Allianz that should be a big crowd.. NOT!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we playing at ANZ or Allianz?

Also a big factor you'd have to think would be Manly's lack of dummy half options if Ballin and Hodges are out. Today the storm made good ground through Cameron Smith in the second half which is where I thought we were vulnerable.
Allianz

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Dogs should outnumber eagles fans 5 to 1 also...will be a factor.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having it at the SFS against Manly is practically a home game for us

Manly are ripe for the picking, if we go in mentally weak we will lose though!
Exactly right, preparation is important physically but more so mentally.
We can lose before the match even starts if we get too cocky, but Des won't let that happen

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Our problem has been consistency. If we get our heads right and are in the same frame of mind as tonight we will be ok

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Coming into the semis I didnt think Manly could go all of the way because of their weaknesses in the engine room.
Their pack does not frighten anyone which is required in these big games.
They will be suckered into trying to play away from our pack which will bring them undone.
They will not get any field position with their inept pack.
We will steamroll them up the middle and pick them off. ala today.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can't go into the game against Manly as we did against Storm cause against Storm we were heavy underdogs but against Manly we won't be able to hijack them in a sense

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You with us? #proudtobeabulldog
What are your early thoughts on this match?

All right, Bulldogs. Listen up. There are some who will say that your accomplishments this year and into the finals will soon be forgotten, that you're not a real Premiership threat, that Canterbury isn't much of a team. And I say that's BULLSHIT. Because as of today, we're two wins away from a Grand Final appearance and Premiership Glory. You're being paid to play, and I want you to remember that, because your fans , the Blue and White ARMY expects you to win. Let's bring it in. Let's play some FOOTBALL!!!!! Let's put the fear of failure into the Manly where it belongs and MAKE THIS FINAL SERIES OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how we finished 7th with poor form, the rosters finished MPs on percentages and title favs
Then they get piped by a point in the last few seconds, now face sudden death against the cows then bunnies the hard side of the draw.
Then the dogs who were supposed to go out in the first round knock off the storm and have a much easier task to get to the GF
Maybe 7th was a blessing after all

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to wait and see on this one, see how the boys pull up from injuries.
Most of the reports where nothing, so I can't see there being big issues there, but the troops down might have an impact..... have to see over the next few days who we are missing, o'Hanlon is a given, but hopefully that's the only one.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how we finished 7th with poor form, the rosters finished MPs on percentages and title favs
Then they get piped by a point in the last few seconds, now face sudden death against the cows then bunnies the hard side of the draw.
Then the dogs who were supposed to go out in the first round knock off the storm and have a much easier task to get to the GF
Maybe 7th was a blessing after all
Lucky number 7

View attachment 21832

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bahaha love des in the press conference today.

Reporter: Do you think they will be favourites (referring to manly next week)?
Des: Oh they have to be mate, what else would they be.

:D :D

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It all rests on ballin playing or not
hope we are underdogs by kick off
i hate being favourites

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly been best side all year
they will come out firing i guarantee u that
must take same intensity and then some vs manly
they dont forget to play footy overnight

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't think favourites or not will matter from here on in. If we turn up like we did tonight we will walk away with a win next week.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm more confident beating Manly than I was beating Melbourne.

Even with possible suspensions/injuries we will beat them. They have no depth in key positions. They have Foran, Watmough, and Lyon on report from memory? All 3 are key players for them. Also if no Hodges, is Ballin even fit for next week?

On the other hand, if Morris and Klemmer get suspended, Thompson and Morris suspended at worst it would be:
- Maitua in for O'Hanlon
- Stanley in for Thompson
- Mybe in for Morris
- Browne in for Klemmer

Highly doubt jmoz and klemmer will get suspended.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complete sets and being clinical will help us beat the Eagles. They better not be cocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.