Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bahaha love des in the press conference today.

Reporter: Do you think they will be favourites (referring to manly next week)?
Des: Oh they have to be mate, what else would they be.

:D :D
What about when he called that journo 'buddy holly'. Fkn classic.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a quick look at the manly forum to see what they were saying

They started a thread naming their team to face storm before our game started

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I don't think favourites or not will matter from here on in. If we turn up like we did tonight we will walk away with a win next week.
True

No more talk at this stage of flying under the radar etc.

Its a matter of we are here now, this is how we are going to play for the rest of the series.......come and run at us koonts!
We will accomodate ya.!!

Bulldog Boy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I want to see a heap of threads and posts saying "We are going to get smashed", "They will put 20 on us" and "We have no chance" just like i read on here before the Melbourne game. It seems to always work in our favour when these pages are filled with negativity.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't have the creativity to win the comp but we will win this one

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see a heap of threads and posts saying "We are going to get smashed", "They will put 20 on us" and "We have no chance" just like i read on here before the Melbourne game. It seems to always work in our favour when these pages are filled with negativity.
So true lol but I feel as though last weeks performance and the recent months was intentional by holding back and switching on in the finals .reynolds reminded me why he was in origin and hokko didn't disappoint as he has been poor lately.Our forwards dominated and we had a few unfortunate injuries that made it tough on the the petrol tank for jammer and toleman.the interchange was different with klemmer coming on early with tank and toleman rested until second half made a big effect imo

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't have the creativity to win the comp but we will win this one
Probably will smack the Panthers as well who aren't very creative either, our defense should see us make it to the Grand Final if it keeps being as strong as it was today.

Eagles are no easy task either, it'd be very naive to think otherwise, we were written off before this game and we ended up smashing the Storm, anyone thinking the Eagles are shot and easy pickings will have another thing coming next week.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess Reni will come back into the side.

I like the impact that Pritchard has provided coming back, and I like seeing TRex getting a rest during games.

However, I do think we're missing Browne and Kasiano. I was watching Graham a lot from the stands and he was down on his haunches in back play quite a few times. Such a machine of a player. He deserves a salary cap to himself.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I still find Mitch Brown a liability and a target. If we step up in the forwards and halves maybe we can cover our Backline weaknesses. We must dominate and intimidate all teams from here. Will any manly players even protect DCE ?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still find Mitch Brown a liability and a target. If we step up in the forwards and halves maybe we can cover our Backline weaknesses. We must dominate and intimidate all teams from here. Will any manly players even protect DCE ?
Yep brown will always be a liability. Can't wait till he fooks off.

As for manly next week, it's going to be tough. They are a quality side with quality up and down the paddock. But the mighty doggies are a champion team not a team full of champions!!

Des needs to keep the boys grounded and we need to come into this game with more line speed and brutality than the storm one. I want panthers and whoever is watching to see that the dogs aren't to be farked with. I want them to fear us like Tyson in the 90s.

Cmooonn doggies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Eagles are no easy task either, it'd be very naive to think otherwise, we were written off before this game and we ended up smashing the Storm, anyone thinking the Eagles are shot and easy pickings will have another thing coming next week.
indeed! I think they knew if they lost to souths they were guaranteed a second chance, and mind you, they still scored some decent second half tries to come back, so they wont be easy beats at all, infact they will be hurting and that loss may fire them up even more now..

Either way, we need a good turn out to let our boys feel like it is their home game, and silence the sea eagles supporters

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dream semifinal!!

Manly are in disarray, their players aren't talking to each other, senior players want out, their key player is playing like shit, their board sucks... We should be putting a cricket score on them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possession is the key. If we hold the ball and keep penalties to a minimum, as we did against the Storm, we have a great chance of beating Manly.

But, if we give them 70% of the ball, we are making it too hard to win. I hope the same attitude we have just displayed is there Saturday night.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Dream semifinal!!

Manly are in disarray, their players aren't talking to each other, senior players want out, their key player is playing like shit, their board sucks... We should be putting a cricket score on them.
Why do fans love to put pressure on the players/club? If you think Manly will not be pumped and ready you are crazy!

Yes we should win, however no need to be cocky... Every Melbourne supporter & expert thought Melbourne would smash us.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Underestimate manly at ur own peril
a two point win will be sufficient for me even though it wont be good on the heart.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk about turning the tables . we have played slow grinding finals football all year then come finals time we play like the warriors team ..I love it ...

Also I'm sure the finals football weve been playing all year will give us the extra bite we need in the GF

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Underestimate manly at ur own peril
a two point win will be sufficient for me even though it wont be good on the heart.
Exactly! Just another battle in our war on the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.