Dymock

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably should’ve taken the head coach gig for a bit post Hasler days. The club was rotting though.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I rate Jim Dymock very high. When he took over end of season at the dogs after Kevin Moore, point of attack was brilliant. A lot of variety of play was noticed. Able to play lock forward second row and five eight his game plan consisted a perfect balance between forward play and backline movement. Actually managed the team to make the semifinals that year although for and against screwed us over. Imo i would have chosen Dymock over Pay as he proved he could coach a lovely playing style.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y
I rate Jim Dymock very high. When he took over end of season at the dogs after Kevin Moore, point of attack was brilliant. A lot of variety of play was noticed. Able to play lock forward second row and five eight his game plan consisted a perfect balance between forward play and backline movement. Actually managed the team to make the semifinals that year although for and against screwed us over. Imo i would have chosen Dymock over Pay as he proved he could coach a lovely playing style.
Yeah not enough credit to his coaching ability.

He needed some work with how to handle the media, but that is background stuff.

Hope he can institute some change and variability in attack

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dymock's attacking style was evident late 2011. He even dropped Morris which made him an even better player. Dymock had balls.

2012 Des literally copied it and took all the credit

Des was a great defensive coach. But attack wise, Dymock ran the show.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter is a legend.
Potter would be ideal to just work one on one with our fullback. He was a gun at that position and that position in particular has become a crucial attacking weapon in rugby league. It all started with Billy Slater and since then the fullback does so much more than in the past decades. It Crichton is there next year, which supposedly he wants. He would get great support from Potter.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Political signing, bulldogs people typically like jimmy. Whilst I get people getting bit warm and fuzy about Jimmy, reality is he’s a career journeyman assistant with a v mixed bag of sucess. Im really not convinced this can help improve us at all.

Disclaimer: this i just an opinion. Please dont abuse me as it is starting to take its toll on my mental health
Don’t be thinking you’ll be getting any sympathy from me fish fucker, if you are having mental health issues they are of your own making.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Potter would be ideal to just work one on one with our fullback. He was a gun at that position and that position in particular has become a crucial attacking weapon in rugby league. It all started with Billy Slater and since then the fullback does so much more than in the past decades. It Crichton is there next year, which supposedly he wants. He would get great support from Potter.
It started well before Billy Slater. Clive Churchill and Les Johns were both great attacking fullbacks.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It started well before Billy Slater. Clive Churchill and Les Johns were both great attacking fullbacks.
Almost like that's the intent of the position, first line of attack, last line of defence.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember Gary Dowling? .... unstoppable in his prime, used to make break after break.

Ordinary in the defensive aspects of the game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you remember Gary Dowling? .... unstoppable in his prime, used to make break after break.

Ordinary in the defensive aspects of the game.
I saw Gary play, many times. He was a Latrell style fullback. Big unit and fast.
By contrast, Johns was a smart player who could read and direct the play.

There was another player, Terry Bawden, around the same time as Dowling. He showed some promise but only had a short time at the Dogs.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Gary play, many times. He was a Latrell style fullback. Big unit and fast.

There was another player, Terry Bawden, around the same time as Dowling. He showed some promise but only had a short time at the Dogs.
Don't remember Terry Bawden although the name rings a bell.

Peter O'Neill was another.

I was very young when Les was playing but ALL my family members say he was brilliant beyond belief at times.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Terry Bawden, late 60's, I remember the name, good goal kicker, took over the kicking from Johns and Taylforth, don't remember much else. A few years before Gary Dowling, he appeared in the 70's, Dowling was killed in a car accident if I remember rightly.

Always a Bulldog

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry Bawden, late 60's, I remember the name, good goal kicker, took over the kicking from Johns and Taylforth, don't remember much else. A few years before Gary Dowling, he appeared in the 70's, Dowling was killed in a car accident if I remember rightly.

Always a Bulldog
Yep, car crash in Beaudesert Qld ... RIP.

Was never the same player after Brian Lockward, the English international broke his jaw at Leichardt oval ... happened right in front of me, sickening blow.

Ironically Lockward and Dowling had formed a fantastic combination at The Dogs (Berries?) in the previous seasons.