Dymock deserves his year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm..do i coach a NRL team, fail and never coach again, or do i do stick it out another couple of years working with the best coach in the NRL. .tough choice.

At the end of the day Jim is lucky to be in the position he is atm. The things he is learning now working with Des he would have learnt after a few yrs of coaching first grade...

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am though.. I had my heart set on seeing Jimmy coach us for a season. I really wanted to see what he could do with the players we had.. I'm glad Des is on board, he's done a magnificent job, 2nd on the ladder, the boys look happy, we're looking dangerous and everything is looking up from here, but the disappointment comes from the fact that we'll never know what could have been.. It's just that thought in the back of your mind when things don't go to plan and you spend the rest of your life thinking about the difference between what could have and what did happen. I felt so bad for Jim, after hearing Todd state to the media that Jim was going to coach this year regardless.. and then to have it all snatched away in one go, I could only imagine the disappointment he felt.
It was a perfect example of a great business decision which has worked our well for our Club, Players and supporters, the other person that will benefit from this business decision down the track will be Jimmy Dymock, maybe he will decide to move on in a couple of years to coach FG elsewhere, if he does then he will be much better prepared for it having worked with one of or if not the best couch of the modern era.
The other side of the coin for Jim was to take the head coach's position with no Des, have a so so season with heaps of pressure with the KM crap still in the back of your mind.
Great decision all round if you ask me!!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Im dissappointed that we are only 2nd on the ladder with 2nd best F/A, 4th best attack and 2nd best defence

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I thought JD would have gone alright if he had got the job, but also until it happened i didn't believe we would get Des. Its still a little surreal. Mr Manly at the dogs, and hes fit in like he was always here. Amazing. I never doubted Des is a better coach than JD (or anyone else at the moment IMO), only that he'd come here

Glad JD is still involved after Des came, he is good to have around the club and players.

I think JD could have got our attack firing ok, and he did last year, but this defense we are coming up with, that took a Des caliber coach.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JD could have been a lower rated coach then big Kev

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Without taking anything away from what Des has achieved this year, maybe Jimmy deserves more credit for results. We all saw what he was able to achieve with the team at the back end of last year and I believe that he still has a big influence on how some of the players are going. From all reports he is very well respected by the team and I am sure that Des has been able to use Jimmy the best possible way.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without taking anything away from what Des has achieved this year, maybe Jimmy deserves more credit for results. We all saw what he was able to achieve with the team at the back end of last year and I believe that he still has a big influence on how some of the players are going. From all reports he is very well respected by the team and I am sure that Des has been able to use Jimmy the best possible way.

Did we beat any teams that were an actual threat in those last 7-8 games? When your coach gets axed your obviously going to start playing out of your skin since your possibly playing for your spot in the 17 under the next coach

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Did we beat any teams that were an actual threat in those last 7-8 games? When your coach gets axed your obviously going to start playing out of your skin since your possibly playing for your spot in the 17 under the next coach
While I appreciate what you are saying, Jimmy got the team moving in the right direction. We may not have set the world on fire or beaten any of the premiership contenders but a win is a win. He seemed to bring passion back to the players and I believe that this has flowed through to this season.

I am not trying to discredit Des ( he definately is the reason we are going so well) but I believe that the support that he has behind him, including Jimmy, is a big part of his success.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with the bit of a go that jimmy dymock was given, he did do well, the players showed they were happy with a new coach, and it brought a new attitude to the team.
given time jimmy might even be coaching a team of his own very soon,and im sure he would like to be learning off hassler while he can

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares about bumping old threads in the past when we can look towards our glory days ahead. Being a top 4 team for years to come.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I got a feeling Dymock will be the next blues coach. I know the commission dont want a NRL coach but I dont think they mentioned anything about an NRL Assistant coach

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So if you were given the choice you wouldn't have taken Hasler?

Like really??
Considering Des was coming anyhow, would it have destroyed the club to let Jim have a season? I never said I'm unhappy with Des or what he's done.. I made it clear that the disappointing part is never knowing the results of what Jim could have achieved.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Jim Dymock dropped morris to NSW cup didn't he? That's all I have to judge him off. Seen a couple of vids on the bulldogs website and he seems like a nice guy, but dropping josh morris was a bad move lol. Des has been awesome and there really is no argument. Better coach got the job

P

Paint.

Jim Dymock dropped morris to NSW cup didn't he? That's all I have to judge him off. Seen a couple of vids on the bulldogs website and he seems like a nice guy, but dropping josh morris was a bad move lol. Des has been awesome and there really is no argument. Better coach got the job
Did you watch any footy last year?

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am though.. I had my heart set on seeing Jimmy coach us for a season. I really wanted to see what he could do with the players we had.. I'm glad Des is on board, he's done a magnificent job, 2nd on the ladder, the boys look happy, we're looking dangerous and everything is looking up from here, but the disappointment comes from the fact that we'll never know what could have been..
That's like asking for a Lancer and being disappointed someone bought you an M3. :confused:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all water under the bridge now, all I wanted was to see the boys pass the farken ball, under Moore all they did was one up hit ups then kick the ball to the fullback, anything was going to be better than that.
Full points to the Master who has given us the complete package with the 2nd best defence with an unpredictable attacking flair from our own half.
Greenburgs 'This is not a popularity contest' policy is here to stay and old favorites don't cut it in a corporate world where sponsors want value for money.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Bob dog you had a shocker . As much as I love Jimmy Dymock - to say that he should have had the head coaches job over Des Hasler wasnt your best , but even Bradman got a duck .

He will always be a club legend and maybe Des may one day pass on the torch

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol @ how many posts got deleted, Mr i's work and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.