DWZ out of Dragons Clash

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I hope we get something from burning all that cash for DWZ to play somewhere else, concerning for mine

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely this means the warriors pay part of his salary for the rest of this season. Use whatever money the warriors pay for this year to front load his salary for next year. Say for example they pay 150k for the rest of this year then we can use that to front load for next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely this means the warriors pay part of his salary for the rest of this season. Use whatever money the warriors pay for this year to front load his salary for next year. Say for example they pay 150k for the rest of this year then we can use that to front load for next year.
We should use all the money left in our cap this year to front load DWZ's contract for this year so there's nothing left (or very little left) for next year if we're able to do that. This years a write off anyways.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Already got Burton’s money aside to clear Dwz for next year if you get me. We wanted burton this year and had his money. He didn’t get released. Use that $ to pay Dwz off for next year so we are completely Free next year!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the days of moving on players and paying them to play elsewhere was gone but it’s not. I’m not saying I don’t agree with this, it’s just a shame we have to waste more cap space for a year.
No one else would have him full price that's probably why

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, someone on another thread described him as the Walking Lobotomy…perfect description.

So much for his social media thread that he’s looking forward to playing for us

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the days of moving on players and paying them to play elsewhere was gone but it’s not. I’m not saying I don’t agree with this, it’s just a shame we have to waste more cap space for a year.
They are not gone. The previous board said they were gone to get elected.

All clubs move players on and pay them elsewhere.
If you don’t you never get out of a bad deal.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We always wind up keeping duds and releasing players who are actually good… what a shambles
Whilst I am highly critical of our recruitment and retention we have released some duds recently mate.

Mbye
Woods
Reynolds (good player but on massive overs at tigers)
Graham (was past it when he left)
Klemmer (highest paid prop in the comp who has done nothing at Newy )

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clearing cap space
Looks like Brandon smith is gonna be a rich boy
They way he's played over the past 5 weeks he deserves it. Originally I wasn't sold on his asking price, but we have no choice now we absolutely need him.