Other News Source Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't been happy at the Dragons for years. Never got along with McGregor and is offside with Griffin. Sure it sounds like Dufty could be the problem but maybe a change of Club and Coach could bring the best out of him and his best is up there with the top Fullbacks. But I am not 100% sold on him. Maybe at a bargain basement price
I think you’ll find that’s just his face, always angry looking

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't been happy at the Dragons for years. Never got along with McGregor and is offside with Griffin. Sure it sounds like Dufty could be the problem but maybe a change of Club and Coach could bring the best out of him and his best is up there with the top Fullbacks. But I am not 100% sold on him. Maybe at a bargain basement price
I agree I think a change is as good as a holiday. Barrett would be good for him.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gee the Allen as our fullback signing hasn't lasted long, bit of a worry around decision making
I'm with you surfdog. It seems like the powers want to sign everyone who is not happy at other clubs. Mostly Backs.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read on fox sports today the Canberra Raiders have gone cold in getting Matt Dufty. I think if we could get him for the right price we should snap him up. Remember he’s not like some of the players who promised so much on the field - and delivered nothing. I think he’s done well on the field, ST George are only getting rid of him because of his attitude off the field. Yes he’s got some weaknesses but thy can be worked on. He at least has a go in attack. We need that for our team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read on fox sports today the Canberra Raiders have gone cold in getting Matt Dufty. I think if we could get him for the right price we should snap him up. Remember he’s not like some of the players who promised so much on the field - and delivered nothing. I think he’s done well on the field, ST George are only getting rid of him because of his attitude off the field. Yes he’s got some weaknesses but thy can be worked on. He at least has a go in attack. We need that for our team.
We're not interested.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t work on heart

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think not signing Dufty is a pretty good idea tbh.
Opinions vary hey? Some people wouldn’t sign him and some would. I think he’s fine, for what’s available on the market. There isn’t much out there to choose from

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Opinions vary hey? Some people wouldn’t sign him and some would. I think he’s fine, for what’s available on the market. There isn’t much out there to choose from
Don't need another back.

Got JAC, Cotric, Allen, Naden already. Don't need another back when we need to spend money elsewhere.

Personally think avo will be at fullback and rightly so

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't need another back.

Got JAC, Cotric, Allen, Naden already. Don't need another back when we need to spend money elsewhere.

Based on Allen being another potential dud for the club, that allows for consideration for Duffy. We have a few backs going at the end of the year, so we’re going to need back up. Meaney will go shortly with Storm and Hopoate will not be there next year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on Allen being another potential dud for the club, that allows for consideration for Duffy. We have a few backs going at the end of the year, so we’re going to need back up. Meaney will go shortly with Storm and Hopoate will not be there next year.
Im not sold on Allen and I'm skeptical of Naden. Dufty also has the passing game and speed that could ignite our backline

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have the fox and or Avo for options at FB, Dufty is an ok player. But don’t want him in a doggies jersey thanks.!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dufty seems to fit that ‘considered a decent player but not wanted by their club’ mould that we seem to love purchasing lately.
Naden, Hetherington, Allen, Flanno etc

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't need another back.

Only really applies if we get a half which we haven’t since SJ broke up with us