Daily Telegraph/Rothfield DT St.George want Hoppa NOW

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From the DT (Saint, Sinner, Shoosh section)

St George Illawarra are chasing Canterbury Bulldogs veteran Will Hopoate for an immediate transfer.

Coach Anthony Griffin and recruitment boss Ian Millward want the 29-year-old fullback or centre for the remainder of this season and next year.

It was looking promising for the Dragons until Nick Cotric broke down at training during the week with a season-ending foot injury. The Dogs have also released Dallin Watene Zelezniak to the Warriors, leaving them short on back-five experience.

The Dragons would become Hopoate’s fourth NRL club following Manly, where he started in 2010, the Parramatta Eels and the Bulldogs.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we pay no freight. And if we can still front load contracts get it done. It’s going to be a long year anyway. As pointed out he won’t be here next year. If we can use the money to say front load Jackson contract or Thompson. Let’s get if done.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make it happen asap

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
How does this deal benefit the Dogs? Is it a swap deal?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who TF are we signing for next year
No one that's going to make a difference since we don't pay overs (apparently). The Baz draw card is gone.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How does this deal benefit the Dogs? Is it a swap deal?
Not sure about a swap, I guess the only benefit is saving money. I’d assume we would release him and not need to pay any freight. Any money saved might be able to front load a contract or two giving us a little extra in the kitty next year. But that’s just a guess from me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You only say yes if they give us Jayden Sullivan (gun young half) or Jordon Peraria (cheap winger depth, would play rest of season) or Ben Hunt (if he accepts he's a hooker)

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the rest of the year:

1. Dufty (sign him for 6 months)
2. Meaney
3. Allan
4. Schoupp
5. Katoa (Okunbor when he comes back)

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh god please yes. I don't give a shit about a player swap or any form of compensation. I'm just sick of seeing this slow c*** in the side every week...but I'll be stoked to see him in the Dragons FG side

Hoppa is a plodder who can be replaced by any other plodder in NSW Cup

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

St George Illawarra are chasing Canterbury Bulldogs veteran Will Hopoate for an immediate transfer.

Coach Anthony Griffin and recruitment boss Ian Millward want the 29-year-old fullback or centre for the remainder of this season and next year.

It was looking promising for the Dragons until Nick Cotric broke down at training during the week with a season-ending foot injury. The Dogs have also released Dallin Watene Zelezniak to the Warriors, leaving them short on back-five experience.

The Dragons would become Hopoate’s fourth NRL club following Manly, where he started in 2010, the Parramatta Eels and the Bulldogs.
Push him out the door now before St. George change their minds.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we're swapping him for one of their forwards.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Why do they want a turnstile when they aren't having crowds?