DT Podcast - Buzz Says Barrett Sacking Only A Matter Of When

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FFS 8 pages on the blaberings of a drunken idiot?

1. TBaz picks the team, Gus may give his opinion (when it's sought) but Tbaz is in complete control. No ifs or buts. If Gus had any kind of control, TBaz points that out in the Bulldogs breaking the terms of his contract (i.e. he wasn't left alone to coach).

2. It is ONE FUCKING TRIAL GAME. Yes it was Fitzgibbon's first game in charge but the Sharks have had a stable part of their team which has hovered in the top 8. They've had new additions but the majority of their team is used to each other and their roles in a somewhat successful outfit (compared to us last season). We are a brand new team with 6 of our starters in their first season with us. It's going to take time to gel.

The pitchforks can stay in the shed until about round 6 or 7, by then the performances on the field need to show the makings of a good football side (not necessarily the results, more the performance).
Don't bring this LOSER United mentality to the threads, thanks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate.. I made my mind up before he ever came to Belmore but thats not the point.
Yes, it is the point.

A perfect example of confirmation bias, having reached a conclusion and only then paying attention to those things that confirm that bias whilst in turn ignoring things that contradict the bias. Personally I was neutral on Barrett, but I also attest to the view that this is his last chance, fark it up and he will never get another.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, it is the point.

A perfect example of confirmation bias, having reached a conclusion and only then paying attention to those things that confirm that bias whilst in turn ignoring things that contradict the bias. Personally I was neutral on Barrett, but I also attest to the view that this is his last chance, fark it up and he will never get another.

Always a Bulldog
Absolute rubbish

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The sooner people understands how it works the better !
I have recently started the " what are the solutions Mr Gould ? " thread, I highlighted my concern about our defence and not TBaz.
I know now the reason why we played so lethargically against the fish but prefer not disclose.
I am predicting a lot better performance in round one.
This sounds interesting

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The sooner people understands how it works the better !
I have recently started the " what are the solutions Mr Gould ? " thread, I highlighted my concern about our defence and not TBaz.
I know now the reason why we played so lethargically against the fish but prefer not disclose.
I am predicting a lot better performance in round one.
Riddle me this!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This sounds interesting
One reason the majority of players may have appeared lethargic would be because the game wasn't a genuine trial for position s in round one. Side is pretty much selected, more training run than trial. Still poor though.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone see Lil Flange around the 60 minute mark on the sidelines shaking his head on the trial footage?
It's not just his football that sucks arse, his attitude sucks too
I checked it out , it's nothing much. I think you looked too much into it lol, wasn't anything to pay attention to

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham or BBO are ahead of both. We need an organiser. Not a half that lets the ball go to Paul Vaughn on last tackle
I blame JMK for that Avo was clearly calling for ball on right side of ruck but JMK just gives a flat pass to a flat footed Vaughn on the left. decisions from DH are what is doing us in ATM.

Also Burton should be taking 70% of 5th tackle options. he was on the field.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I blame JMK for that Avo was clearly calling for ball on right side of ruck but JMK just gives a flat pass to a flat footed Vaughn on the left. decisions from DH are what is doing us in ATM.

JMK hasn't been the solution at hooker and he will never be !!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

you are correct, any niff nuff can see that, averillo was positioned perfectly to take the ball outside the B defender, JMK throws it to a prop and Vaughn was smart enough to pass it back to averillo

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wakeham or BBO are ahead of both. We need an organiser. Not a half that lets the ball go to Paul Vaughn on last tackle
any niff nuff can see that was JMK's fault, Averillo was positioned perfectly to get the ball behind the lead runner.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yeh agree, cook likes an organising hooker which we need to get around the park.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett has to be on notice because he is running out of excuses in my opinion. Watching last week's trial I lost a lot of faith in him as a coach because we had the opportunity to witness a direct comparison to him & the opposiiton coach. Sadly Fitzgibbon had a cohesive well drilled side whereas we were a mistake ridden undisciplined rabble. I just cant get past that because Barrett has had 3 or 4 years as a head coach in the NRL whereas it was Fitgibbon's 1st game as coach. He simply has to go.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Selectively ignoring reason is still being selective.Everything is selective about it.

Always a Bulldog
Yes, it is the point.

Always a Bulldog
You are a hypocrite, you chose the 1st line of my response to another poster and ignored everything else in the post. That’s selective..

At least I have always been honest about my opposition to Barrett while you pick the splinters out of your ass from fence you sit on.

Once he got the job instead of being a stubborn prick I was swayed by cheer squad leaders like yourself to get on the Barrett bus and I did. I should have known better because the old saying still stands true as ever..

If it looks and smells like shit, it’s probably shit. Barrett’s record smelt and he looked to be a soft touch and not a first grade coach. I am sure you can figure out the rest.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hardly ever diss our players, but it's not happy times watching our service from dummy half, he should be more than experienced to know how to run the set game play or see what's going on around him or take initiate (besides a scoot).
Also finding our forwards trying to play smart, milking penalties frustrating but that's a seperate topic.
Tackling too, a low tackle can still be very effective, mostly it's worth just tackling clean, risk the offload or meter lost, save a penalty, that'll at least be less frustrating than turning over a set or soft try scored. That tackled player aint going anywhere but down, the cover defence shall shut down second phase play or quick play the ball.