Drop Haz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can just see it....this week drop haz...blah blah blah.... then we play storm and we both score 4 tries each, yet we convert 2.." why was haz dropped!! folkes you knob dont drop our kicker " etc etc etc... dont even know why we r debating wether to drop someone who hasnt played that bad when we just won and are in the top 4.... yet perry, who's slower than a 1 legged turtle, hughes who gives away such dumb penalties sometimes, omelley who drops the ball heaps, ryan who runs sideways and isnt as potent as he was in 04, get left alone...

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai came from the other side of the field in last years SF and still got to Berrigan before Haz so dont try and feed me this acceleration garbage.
and he didnt tackle him did he?

Infact if i remember correctly

the only player whoever really chased when a break was made last year was Holdsworth

T

TdoggBulldog

i can just see it....this week drop haz...blah blah blah.... then we play storm and we both score 4 tries each, yet we convert 2.." why was haz dropped!! folkes you knob dont drop our kicker " etc etc etc... dont even know why we r debating wether to drop someone who hasnt played that bad when we just won and are in the top 4.... yet perry, who's slower than a 1 legged turtle, hughes who gives away such dumb penalties sometimes, omelley who drops the ball heaps, ryan who runs sideways and isnt as potent as he was in 04, get left alone...
hahaha gold.

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
he's on the verge of breaking the ALL TIME points record..

yes go drop him :rolleyes:

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this isn't a whim, i've been saying this since the Brisbane semi last year and still believe it

T

TdoggBulldog

personally i want hazem to stay because he is a solid experienced player, good in defence, great under the high ball, does the job in attack and can convert

utai can't defend for **** oh yeh he can tackle but he can't read the play at all, lets in atleast 1 try a game, can't catch a ball for **** but is awesome in attack...

thats not what i want come finals time.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually hammer has always been about dropping hazem...

People need to face the fact that his goal kicking is a big reason why he is still in FG. Not saying he is ****house or lastnite he was terrible. What I am saying is that if you want to criticise certain players for the defensive inabilities, their slow pace or anything really - then it has to work for all players. No one is or should be immune to it.

It is kinda like Sonny Bill - I would not say drop him, but people only look at the positives of his game and fail to see he actually DOES has some negative which need sorting out. Ie. Failed shoulder charge attempts 5 mtrs out from our own line - sometimes you just need to make a tackle. Poor decisions with offloads - sometimes he just needs to succumb to a tackle. Sure one may come off - and yes I will be a happy camper, but I would rather see 1 or 2 effective offloads a game and thats it - then see ten failed attempts before one works. Lastnight was the perfect example - saw the replay five minutes ago, he offloads and throws it at the feet of our player.

Canterbury didn't want to sign him on for more than a year because they do are pretty much ready to move on from haz. They gave in to pressure from everyone crying poor over it. Esp haz claiming they weren't being loyal to him.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally i want hazem to stay because he is a solid experienced player, good in defence, great under the high ball, does the job in attack and can convert

utai can't defend for **** oh yeh he can tackle but he can't read the play at all, lets in atleast 1 try a game, can't catch a ball for **** but is awesome in attack...

thats not what i want come finals time.
Btw thats still better than Phelps who cant read and if he does isnt good for the tackle

can catch the high ball

and cant attack

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if maitua is just on the fringe he should be playing 80mins.

el masri doesn't exactly recieve passes allowing him to make a charge for 10metres before hitting the line either.
no he makes kick returns - which themselves are ten or so metres if not more. If he had more speed on him then they maybe even more metres.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zor you're a fool if you think Phelps can't read a defence, he played in the centres alot when he started in first grade and was one of best defensive players

T

TdoggBulldog

no he makes kick returns - which themselves are ten or so metres if not more. If he had more speed on him then they maybe even more metres.
phelps was the winger dropping back last night making the kick returns

from what i recall hazem only made 2 kick returns last night??

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then y isnt Phelps making more metres?

he saw the ball more down his end of the field on kicks

Hazems little spin, his chicken step keep him gaining metres and his ability to surrender stop him from being driven back

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats true lol

imo no way in the world haz should be dropped

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zor you're a fool if you think Phelps can't read a defence, he played in the centres alot when he started in first grade and was one of best defensive players
Can't read as a winger

Maybe Phelps should be in the centres ?

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw thats still better than Phelps who cant read and if he does isnt good for the tackle

can catch the high ball

and cant attack
phelps can't defend?

you know what - i won't even bother because clearly this is the new bandwagon now cutler isn't being selected anymore.

Did you watch lastweeks game? Do you even know why phelps got his chance in FG?

Phelps defence lastweek played just as an important role as sonny - his defence actually won us possession back.

I won't bother with this one - I shall just wait til the tide turns again and opinions change, and the bandwagon goes the other way.

T

TdoggBulldog

3 for 43m
sorry i havent watched the replay yet so yeh i missed one.

but whats wrong with that stat?

phelps made how many kick returns? for how many metres?

he WAS after all the winger who dropped back.

Status
Not open for further replies.