Drop Haz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
no... i think next year will be his last year as a top grade footballer...

but at least hazem has shown more consistency than what utai and cutler have shown over the last couple of seasons...

B

Ben Godberts

do u really think canterbury will drop its favourite player top reserve grade to finish his career
we r going to be stuck with an old man for 09

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
do u guys really think we r going to get 2 good years out of hazem though
My opinion - based on if he can keep form he should be fine for just next year. Could surprise me and do 2 though. For me its the same as any player - if they are in poor form cut them, if they are adding to the team dynamics and in form keep em.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
do u really think canterbury will drop its favourite player top reserve grade to finish his career
we r going to be stuck with an old man for 09
I think if it got to that the call would be made. Haz would retire. Just my opinion though - you could be right in the end champ. I'll mind his walking frame when he's on the field.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an excellent thread - I have been having this debate with a few diehard doggies fans over the last 2 years with their view being he should be dropped.

I personally think he shouldn't, however, these guys know their league and I respect their opinions.

With another 2 years to run on his contract this will be a very hot topic in the future.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
peachey is an electric player and i thought it was daft of the fishies to cut him in 05 but i can see they have made the right decision

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt drop Haz now, but I'm worried that he will finish his career in PL whether its next year or the year after. He is slow, and getting slower by the week. He hasnt made a line break in a while. He can beat a player or two like he did last night, but he just doesnt have the pace to capitalise on it anymore- not that he was ever a speed demon. I love the bloke and think he is a champion, but you cant play at the top level forever. I just think he has made a mistake by wanting a two year deal earlier in the year, and will end up in PL. He doesnt deserve that, but I'm tipping it will happen.

H

Haztrick

Last night he was awesome. I don't really expect him to make many meters, but he made 1 line break, 107 meters, 2 offloads and scored a good try. A nice attacking game from Haz.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not saying he played badly last night, or that he's a bad player. I just think the team would be better if we had two quicker, younger wingers who can return kicks with gusto and help the forwards out when we're coming out of our own end.

He only scores 12 points a game because he kicks, anybody can score 10 points a game playing outside SBW and kicking goals for this team

buster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
someone delete this stupid thread.............

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although it's not quite time to drop him, ppl should accept Haz is not getting any better and his best days are behind him.

It hurts cause I really like Haz but with Bott, Winitana and Nanai coming through his days are numbered

Many thought Halligan was irreplaceable and then Haz came along. Same applies, Haz will get replaced from a kicking perspective and we'll be alright.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why should this thread be deleted, I'm expressing my opinion without attacking anyone personally unlike you all did to Morrin.

It's funny how you're all blindly loyal to Haz and so quick to write of other players...

Status
Not open for further replies.