Drop Haz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
phelps was the winger dropping back last night making the kick returns

from what i recall hazem only made 2 kick returns last night??
Hammer already stated that this isn'tmerely about haz's performance lastnight.

T

TdoggBulldog

Hammer already stated that this isn'tmerely about haz's performance lastnight.
i dont see him doing anything less than phelps has been doing this whole season.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
no he makes kick returns - which themselves are ten or so metres if not more. If he had more speed on him then they maybe even more metres.
Speed?

Phelps was outrun by 2 Broncos forwards, didn't grab the ball and resulted in a try!

KaTe Maari

player agent
Reaction score
hammer i understood what uve said. hazem did have some poor defence sometimes, as all the other players had. but utai was inconsistent and phelps contributed less than hazem in terms of points scored. hazem has his physical disadvantage to be an outstanding winger thats the reason why he didnt get picked in SOO in so many years, but also the solid fact is he almost guaranteed many wins of ours. good example was last night.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
phelps can't defend?

you know what - i won't even bother because clearly this is the new bandwagon now cutler isn't being selected anymore.

Did you watch lastweeks game? Do you even know why phelps got his chance in FG?

Phelps defence lastweek played just as an important role as sonny - his defence actually won us possession back.

I won't bother with this one - I shall just wait til the tide turns again and opinions change, and the bandwagon goes the other way.
Phelps cant read the defence well he is just like Utai, u need to consider the fact he has Tonga one of our best defenders right next to him. Phelps came into FG playing in the centres where he can defend. I've never gone against Hazem and until he is actually playing like **** i wont call for him to be dropped
No Millard and Tonga are both playing great
Then Phelps wont be in the centres where he belongs.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Close this rediculous thread. Hammer go get laid!!! While we're at it, lets drop sonny bill for a quiet game

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];990126 said:
Speed?

Phelps was outrun by 2 Broncos forwards, didn't grab the ball and resulted in a try!
he was turned around - and was the only one chasing. I never said phelps was fast - go back and read my posts.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I wont deny that we need Utai back

anyone who actually believes that Utai should earn his spot back are playing with themselves honestly

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There can be an argument for and against dropping hazem.....and both would make sense.....i can see where hammer and ac are coming from,hazem is slow,runs sideways...doesnt put his body on the line often enough,does come up in defence and is open for a cut out pass....but he's the best winger in the comp 5m out fom our try line and 5m out from the opposition tryline....he's a finisher and thats what a winger is supposed to be.The bulldogs are a forwards team 1st,backline 2nd,allways have been allways will be...thats why we can afford to carry haz with those above mentioned defficiencies and get away with it.....did i also mention he's the best goal kicker in the history of the game.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
geez hammer i hope ur kidding!! haz played awesome!!!
best winger/kicker in tha game :p

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, when Utais back to full fitness I think our best two wingers are Phelps and Utai both return kicks with gusto, make metres out of dummy half and can sniff out a try.

The only thing Haz does better than either of them is kick goals and Shifty is a more than adequte replacement. Nobdody on here can honestly tell me that Phelps doesn't deserve his spot and Utai's metres coming out of our on half are invaluable so I'm bringing it back...

Drop Haz.
its called pro/con wiegh them up and i assure you hazem has more pros than cons

and then you could look at the sats

for hazem
Minutes80
Line Breaks1
Try Assists0
Tackles0
Missed Tackles2
Errors0
Hitups10
Dummy-Half Runs0
Metres Gained102
Offloads 1
Kicks in Play 1
Try 1
Conversion 4/4
and for phelps

Minutes80
Line Breaks0
Try Assists
Tackles5
Missed Tackles3
Errors2
Hitups4
Dummy-Half Runs7
Metres Gained71
try 0
conversion0

with out Hazem in the side we would have dead set lost last nights game

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueOwl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No way Dogz will/should drop Haz this year. His value is still in his big game experience & goal kicking. He is still a safe finisher, & its not worth the disruption this year.

Im guessing Shifty will prob kick at about 65%. Haz is kicking now at about 80%. Thats about a 1 goal difference per game between them. Does that 2 points justify his selection, beyond his attacking sterility?

Last night it did. He still has some value. His limitations are based on his age & size, not his courage or skills. His time is coming though. I hope he picks his final year himself, rather than have him eventually forced out for overstaying his worth. 2009/10 sounds about right.

BlueOwl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They must have subtracted the meters he was running back to his own tryline in trying to prevent that try :p

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it was 71 meters.
lol edited my bad

How could you drop a player that averages 10 points a game? and has done consistently for the last 5 years+

why would anyone want to drop one of the guys at this stage of the season? we are playing well and winning the games people never expected us to I think the team we have can win the gf this year i guess we will see come next week against Melboune

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
The craze for some people these days is to knock our better known players whilst talking up our lesser known players. I don't have a problem in highlighting performances of our lesser known stars, but when bagging out the high profile stars when they improve our overall game ( not detract from it ) is utterly ridiculous.

El Masri's decision making in defence is overall quite good and can come up with great defensive plays to help the team. He can make errors in judgement but so can all players on a football field, our inspirational captain can be given as an example just last night.

Im sure if you asked the players who play alongside El Masri if they think they are more successful with him in the team the majority, if not all, would say they are. Them and the coaching staff that develop our style of play are the best judges, have your opinions but don't rely on your football brain as being superior to that of the decision makers, as you will be kidding yourselves.

Forest Troll

Waterboy
Reaction score
You are mentally retarded if you can come up with any justifaction to remove Hazem in place of other player.

B

Ben Godberts

do u guys really think we r going to get 2 good years out of hazem though

Status
Not open for further replies.