Opinion Drop Burton for 1 game

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh i saw he was trying to run alot and almost got through a few times
He almost always breaks through the line then gets caught/held. If only he could get a pass away at that point to someone on the run we would be scoring so many tries.

Actually lots of our players almost break through the line such as Wilson etc. KO’a pass onto a Burton in the hole is a great example.

CC should see this and coach to capitalize on theee opportunities.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You gotta admit panthers looked way better with Api in the side than Mitch Kenny though.. Penrith are just a well drilled machine. They made Charlie Staines look like a superstar. But every other top 4 side, take out their starting hooker and watch them struggle
They did look better but given the current state of the game I just don't think it's a position where you need to invest a lot of money.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked it up in the presser let’s see if he follows through
How many pressers ago did we think ciraldo will drop players ?
Players body language in todays game looked as if half were told they aren’t wanted for next year.
I can’t think of any other reason for such a diabolical performance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun at least try and log onto your correct account before posting
Lol not me, Fam. I’m not the only one on here who doesn’t rate Reed, and given the fact he served up yet another shit sandwich today, it’s not difficult to see why.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burto pushing Moses and him getting up all timid stoll his bitch. If Moses gets the origin spot then it’s funny. Fitler the dope is 100% picking him the hype merchant same as the TPJ selection average all season has a good game right before his in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know its weird to say this.. but i think an example needs to be made here to the playing group by dropping a big name player
We did this years ago with josh morris who was dropped for 1 game
You dont drop players just because they are a big name. Why not JAC, hes more accomplished than Burton

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know its weird to say this.. but i think an example needs to be made here to the playing group by dropping a big name player
We did this years ago with josh morris who was dropped for 1 game
FFS burton was very good tonight
Uneducated niff nuff

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no one better in NSW Cup.
Pele tore up NSW Cup today. Similar style, aggressive, shorter minutes just on there to punch out impact work.
Kitione also looked decent.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Season is officially over so I agree that we should drop some big name players and send a message for our future.

Nobody’s spot is guaranteed and when you are a professional athlete, every game should be played as if it is your last.

I was really disappointed with Alamoti and Pangai today. Pangai’s inconsistency is turning into a massive liability.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dropping a big name player to send a message only works if the big name player deserves to be dropped. The message is around accountability and no one is bigger than the team etc, dropping a big name player who has been playing well is without precedent. Strange thread bro

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who also lets us down alot but this would be a example laid out to the playing group
Season is done anyway
Burton is our only threat and the opposition knows it. They slide across and surround him with defenders. Everyone knows that his play is to promote JAC, so they cut that off, knowing that we have nobody else capable of threatening them.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty of big name players who deserve to be dropped before him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hate to think of the negative msg dropping our only points creating player would send and what the scoreline would look like.

The players know Burton's value to the team. Their heads would drop and Ciro's credibility be zero if he dropped Burto.

Finally dropping the serial dumbarses would send a far better message @AlzzBulldog :grinning:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton was ok without being great, really disappointed he didn't contest bomb over his head when he was taller than everyone, he turned his back which was bad. And also when he gave away 6 again on the last tackle and they scored next set. That cost 2 tries alone.
That is match awareness and discipline. He has a long way to go yet, but he is at least trying to win. Rajab and Karl are still green, Perham is worst fullback ever, Reed has been disappointing and has terrible defence. Apart from that, Preston and Kiraz should be getting paid 90 per cent of our teams salary.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Making an example
You don’t make an example of a player who is playing well. What message does that send? That the coach is a fucking idiot? I think Ciraldope has already conveyed that message loud and clear lololol