Don't lose faith after our round 1 loss. Stats of the 20 NRL Premiers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne played a FULL on testimonial match, a world club challenge, and have had almost no change from that GF winning team... in fact I can not remember the last time they lost.
Your post is full of holes , every point you've made is without substance ,it's like you've written a fairy tale .

Hello, Cooper Cronk left the building or is that an insignificant change to the storms playing structure?

Anyhow it's not that we lost, its that we lost by enough points to blow us out the arse end of the ladder..

I'm not trying to be negative ,just pointing out that our new 'attacking' game is not working .. It's the same result as if we were still playing desball.

I just want to win that's all or at least see a good challenge

Paul Samuel

Waterboy
Reaction score
"I just want to win that's all or at least see a good challenge"

Very good point .. i read the kernel all of last year and you all crying to get rid of Des Ball ... but in truth there were not "THAT" many games that were blowouts in his 6 years in charge our attack was crappy but our Defense was normally good and we were usually in most games ... sometimes we have to be careful what we wish . in saying that i liked what i saw in the first round not totally sold on Mbye at FB wasnt tested with a high ball ... Frawley and Jackson had ordinary games , so we have improvements .. 2nd half our defense was much better they scored one intercept try and a soft try in the corner pretty much when the game was over anyway.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Honestly anyone that thinks we have the squad to win the premiership this season is delusional. Not saying the season is a write-off, there is heaps we can achieve this season but after years of des, our squad is just not good enough to go all the way. Going to take a few years to rebuild and get to a point we have a squad that can actually take out the title.
So true...and we dont have the tough as nails forwards to play Dogs of War footy. There's no Asotasi, Mason, Shrek type players in this squad. Klem would be the closest.

These guys we do have could certainly harden up but it is what it is and what Hasler recruited. It will probably be a few years until we can be premiership threats.

Taulua should def be brought in until Eastwood gets fit and at an acceptable playing weight at least. Pay not doing him any favours or helping with his confidence by playing him so unfit. Its shades of Des and She-Rex...if he had of dropped him early, made him accountable for his performance to teamates then it may not have ended his career.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your post is full of holes , every point you've made is without substance ,it's like you've written a fairy tale .

Hello, Cooper Cronk left the building or is that an insignificant change to the storms playing structure?

Anyhow it's not that we lost, its that we lost by enough points to blow us out the arse end of the ladder..

I'm not trying to be negative ,just pointing out that our new 'attacking' game is not working .. It's the same result as if we were still playing desball.

I just want to win that's all or at least see a good challenge
Full of holes you say...yet you pick out one!!

Let’s apply your simpleton logic to the Cronk scenario he left Melbourne look better have won 3 in a row against best in England, Last year GF runners up and us....

Cronk without Smith,Slater and Munster looked pedestrian, slow, out of ideas and helpless against the Tigers. A million dollar signing turned one of the best attacking teams (roosters) last year into a shambles against the worst defensive team (tigers) from last year.. of course this is if I apply your logic

I think the quote of “our attacking structure isn’t working” after one game and comparing it to Desball all but loses every inch of your creditably... put simply it’s always hard for people who never played or don’t understand the game to those little things it’s a 26 round comp we played the hottest and best NRL team in the world and in our first real hit out and with a little luck we could have won...

Winning the NRL premiership is how your tracking round 16 onwards

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the comp is very even this year. The extra money in the salary cap meant that all the great players that were off contract shopped around and picked good coin and the team they play for doesn't matter much. Every side now has a few great players. We picked up Foran and Woods. Some sides did better others did about the same as us. Hence now every week is a tough game so making the 8 is harder than it once was. I remember just a couple of years ago you could confidently pick which games we would win and those which were going to be difficult. Now its up to who has the most momentum in the game will usually win. Drop balls and Penalties are very important in winning a game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the comp is very even this year. The extra money in the salary cap meant that all the great players that were off contract shopped around and picked good coin and the team they play for doesn't matter much. Every side now has a few great players. We picked up Foran and Woods. Some sides did better others did about the same as us. Hence now every week is a tough game so making the 8 is harder than it once was. I remember just a couple of years ago you could confidently pick which games we would win and those which were going to be difficult. Now its up to who has the most momentum in the game will usually win. Drop balls and Penalties are very important in winning a game.
Every team has improved for sure and it will be the teams who are playing the most disciplined and mistake free, making the most of their opportunities, closing out games that succeed this year. That means elementary handling mistakes and/or sloppy play losing possession will cost you the game. It may well be a blessing to have the start to the season we got. It made it very obvious where we are at against the Storm and its a big test to see how Pay reacts and how he will coach us.

Was the effort on Saturday good enough for him...will he stay with the 17 or will he jump on it and make a change.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Um, we won’t make the 8 this year so don’t worry about all that. Let’s just enjoy the new brand of footy. [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.