News Dominic Young in talks with Bulldogs

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will have a full preseason before 2024. He will have the same match fitness as most by then. The underlying question is, can he play to the level he has previously without the performance enhancers
Pre season training and match fitness are not the same.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beautiful if truth !!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to him, and if he agrees because he want to win a premiership and is happy to take less for that, then he is an option. We do not compete for him though, to me this means he will likely not sign with us.

I think it is all about options and competition for spots and showing players they have to perform to get into the top 17. I think in the last few years that hasn't really been the case.

Wing/Centres we have JAC, Kiraz, Alamoti, Skelton, Burns, Averillo and Okunbor...

Wing/Centres JAC, Kiraz, Alamoti, Skelton, Xerri, Crichton, Papali'i and Young??

I don't mind the idea of bringing in Papali'i onto the wing in 2024 and be our backup FB

My 2024 Round 1 Backline would be

1. Crichton
2. Papali'i
3. Kiraz
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Oloapu

And when Xerri is ready and performing in NSW Cup he can replace the least performing out of Kiraz and Alamoti.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Talk to him, and if he agrees because he want to win a premiership and is happy to take less for that, then he is an option. We do not compete for him though, to me this means he will likely not sign with us.

I think it is all about options and competition for spots and showing players they have to perform to get into the top 17. I think in the last few years that hasn't really been the case.

Wing/Centres we have JAC, Kiraz, Alamoti, Skelton, Burns, Averillo and Okunbor...

Wing/Centres JAC, Kiraz, Alamoti, Skelton, Xerri, Crichton, Papali'i and Young??

I don't mind the idea of bringing in Papali'i onto the wing in 2024 and be our backup FB

1. Crichton
2. Papali'i
3. Kiraz
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Oloapu

And when Xerri is ready and performing in NSW Cup he can replace the least performing out of Kiraz and Alamoti.
You forgot someone in 2024

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

1. Crichton
2. Papali'i
3. Kiraz
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Oloapu

whilst a talent, papali is no where near ready and he is way to small to be winger

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whilst a talent, papali is no where near ready and he is way to small to be winger
A lot can happen in 13 months, but probably will not grow that much taller. Before the end of this year, I expect him to be playing FB in NSW Cup.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A lot can happen in 13 months, but probably will not grow that much taller. Before the end of this year, I expect him to be playing FB in NSW Cup.
unless he smashed it in flegg there is not need to rush him imo.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not 1 word about Dominic Young on the whole last page

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus doesn't rate Kiraz?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus doesn't rate Kiraz?
He def does but I think we are entering a time in our squad that requires a strong backline and forward pack. We just need to replace Thompson and tpj (if tpj doesn’t fire) to bolster our squad for 2024. I have watched our games and since des left, our forward pack has been dominated each and every time. When you couple that up with our backline not going forward then it creates a bad momentum. We are still going to probably have a similar problem this year but not as bad as last year considering we’ve finally got a hooker since ennis days and some strike power in the second row.