Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I was at the game T-Rex ran across the field and flicked a pass, he also made one straight run, other than that he did not want to hit the ball up and stood as far away from any defensive work as possible. It was great to see young guys like Elliot have a go. On Graham while sorry to see him injured, once he went off the halves had to work. Graham played direct for England & The Allstars and looked great. He went back to his ball playing which was just predictable and this is why he was smashed. If we go down this path again it will be another long season. The halves need to aim up but need to be given the opportunity without Graham in 4 out of 6 plays. Too boring and just too predictable we need something new to go to the next level required to win a comp. abbey has a stack of potential also.
Sounds about right, unfortunately.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember you bagging Elliot last season lol, what has changed your mind about him?
10 kilos of muscle for Elliot and 110 kilos of wasted space of she Rex
i hope that answers it for u Marley

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And how did Abbey go at fullback?
Abbey very good in first half and quiet in second
his support play around the ruck is top notch
fitness and defence needs some time yet I'd still persist with him at fb

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched some of the highlights including the incidents.

Re Graham - Was that not a late shoulder charge that dropped Graham??
Re Klemmer - silly ... diving at the legs is a no no.

Highlights are up here: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/02/20/match_highlights_bul.html

We look a lot sharper out there. Also sounds like Stanley will be starting the season in backline based on interviews.
what time does the incident happen in the highlight, i cant spot it out lol

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So worst case scenarios for round 1 line up

Hoppa
Phillips
Morris
Stanley
Perrett
Reynolds
Mbye
Tolman
Lichaa
Kasiano
Jackson
Williams
Eastwood

Browne
Lane
Fulaluo
Elliot

Lets hope it's a long 2 weeks

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So worst case scenarios for round 1 line up

Hoppa
Phillips
Morris
Stanley
Perrett
Reynolds
Mbye
Tolman
Lichaa
Kasiano
Jackson
Williams
Eastwood

Browne
Lane
Fulaluo
Elliot

Lets hope it's a long 2 weeks
what happened to rona?

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched some of the highlights including the incidents.

Re Graham - Was that not a late shoulder charge that dropped Graham??
Re Klemmer - silly ... diving at the legs is a no no.

Highlights are up here: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/02/20/match_highlights_bul.html

We look a lot sharper out there. Also sounds like Stanley will be starting the season in backline based on interviews.
I hope his glass jaw lasts... has shown himself to be a good player when he's not injured.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer needs to grow up. Understandable you get the shits if your mate gets a dirty shot, but no need to retaliate with illegal tactics. Use your frustration to bust through the line or put on a big legal shot

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was at the game T-Rex ran across the field and flicked a pass, he also made one straight run, other than that he did not want to hit the ball up and stood as far away from any defensive work as possible. It was great to see young guys like Elliot have a go. On Graham while sorry to see him injured, once he went off the halves had to work. Graham played direct for England & The Allstars and looked great. He went back to his ball playing which was just predictable and this is why he was smashed. If we go down this path again it will be another long season. The halves need to aim up but need to be given the opportunity without Graham in 4 out of 6 plays. Too boring and just too predictable we need something new to go to the next level required to win a comp. abbey has a stack of potential also.
Well don't hold your breath waiting for a change of style from the boys. Had a conversation with one of our players last night and without even prompting him on a discussion of our style of play he made the comment that all of them are under instructions to play flat. That is our style and it is here to say ( again). Comments went along the lines of" Hard to get used to after playing differently ( I.e. with depth) and the main aim is "basically to score and then defend, defend, defend. "Good idea but if the second part of the equation is not met we are clueless as to how to get back into the game.

In saying that though through all three grades yesterday there was a lot to like; the players look fit and there are still glimpses of good individual play. In U20's we have some excellent competition in the hooking position with Connor Jones looking the goods. Ali Allouche, our other hooker who can also play halfback ran the second half of the U20 and will keep Jones honest. Spoke to Ben Anderson and he was happy with the hit out. Others to impress were Marcel Montoya, Isaac Pedro and a few others. NSW Cup Garvey, Chisholm Elliot and Toamoga were excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't look good for Klemmer going at the legs now ive seen the replay..
I wasnt that impressed with J Moz,i thought Holland got more involved when he came on and took J Moz spot!

Abbey played well for his first game,backed up well.
The Storm did not test him which i was abit surprised.
Stanley was good strong defensively as usual, he's the best goal kicker that we have.
It was pretty funny when we scored on the siren and all the doggies players were standing around Stanley lining up the kick giving him shit and Kas squirting water at him before he kicked it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So how did Chisholm go? Did he kick well?
Dane was great. He played NSW Cup and was very solid. Nice deft passes and some kicks that asked questions of the Bears. He did get into trouble though after crash tackling a Bears player who had ironed out Lindon Mcgrady in the back play. Got sent to the bin as a result. I know I should not condone what he did but the grub who took Lindon out was at it all game seemingly with impunity. Dane stuck up for his mate and at least showed a bit of mongrel and passion.

Was not originally in the equation to come on for firsts. (He came and sat in the players enclosure before first grade changed into civvies with sandwich, water etc. Come second half ( and can only assume that he was asked to play because we lost Graham?) he was in jersey 24 and did get on later in the game. Elliot, Lane,Garvey, Phillips and Chisholm all backed up from NSW cup after playing big minutes. It was like the old days where you had to play at least half a game in Ressies to get a gig on the bench in firsts.
We did well considering from our "top" squad we had Browne, Mbye, BMoz, Hoppa and then T-Rex and Jammer missing. Lots of ice on the players after the game with mainly leg complaints. T Rex, Jimmy, Rona.
It was satisfying to see our right hand defence so much tighter with Chase Stanley making the tackles that Lafai missed last year. He also had some crackers of line drop outs( shortest one 45 metres and the longest over 65). Perrett only came in off the wing ONCE and it was a case of he had to. A lot to like, but our flat style of play is still a big concern but then again as I mentioned elsewhere it is here to stay as that is the way our coach wants us to play.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
First time we've kept a team scoreless in a trial or comp game since 2013. Coincidentally that was also against the storm 39-0

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
10 kilos of muscle for Elliot and 110 kilos of wasted space of she Rex
i hope that answers it for u Marley
Ahh, so his bigger this year. I am yet to actually see him on the field with other players this season, always liked him though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dane was great. He played NSW Cup and was very solid. Nice deft passes and some kicks that asked questions of the Bears. He did get into trouble though after crash tackling a Bears player who had ironed out Lindon Mcgrady in the back play. Got sent to the bin as a result. I know I should not condone what he did but the grub who took Lindon out was at it all game seemingly with impunity. Dane stuck up for his mate and at least showed a bit of mongrel and passion.

Was not originally in the equation to come on for firsts. (He came and sat in the players enclosure before first grade changed into civvies with sandwich, water etc. Come second half ( and can only assume that he was asked to play because we lost Graham?) he was in jersey 24 and did get on later in the game. Elliot, Lane,Garvey, Phillips and Chisholm all backed up from NSW cup after playing big minutes. It was like the old days where you had to play at least half a game in Ressies to get a gig on the bench in firsts.
We did well considering from our "top" squad we had Browne, Mbye, BMoz, Hoppa and then T-Rex and Jammer missing. Lots of ice on the players after the game with mainly leg complaints. T Rex, Jimmy, Rona.
It was satisfying to see our right hand defence so much tighter with Chase Stanley making the tackles that Lafai missed last year. He also had some crackers of line drop outs( shortest one 45 metres and the longest over 65). Perrett only came in off the wing ONCE and it was a case of he had to. A lot to like, but our flat style of play is still a big concern but then again as I mentioned elsewhere it is here to stay as that is the way our coach wants us to play.
All i need to know is this, where did our halves position themselves in attack? Were they closer to ruck than in previous years or did they spend most the time glued out wide?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Just saw the Klemmer footage, there's nothing in it. It will be hard to charge him as it's hard to make a case with the footage available. I can't see the club handing over any other footage we have either.

I also thought Graham's incident was legal. A good hard hit that was committed to before he passed the ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looking at the highlights i think the best try of the night was the one Reynolds set up. Was good to see him actually count numbers and create the chance with some off the ball movement and then play direct with the ball in hand. During Jacksons try it was good to see some depth and players running onto the ball at speed.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saw the Klemmer footage, there's nothing in it. It will be hard to charge him as it's hard to make a case with the footage available. I can't see the club handing over any other footage we have either.

I also thought Graham's incident was legal. A good hard hit that was committed to before he passed the ball.
Where did you see that footage mate?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh just saw them on Foxsports. The Klemmer one coukd go both ways, is it illegal to grass cut someone? Lol. I mean we see players most weeks take out players legs to bring them down.

The hit on Graham was a great hit, most would be creaming themselves if it was Eastood and Graham doing it to another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.