Dogs vs parra

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate Mitchell Moses. Can't stand the smart ass. Hope someone knocks him into the middle of next week.
Him and King Gutho...two of the biggest smart asses in the game.....It's like they know when the cameras are on them in the warm up or locker room with their big fake smiles ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we complete at 92% again we will win

Fk Parra scum

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Lafai named, our backline doesn't look too bad.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll need to target Sivo's wing in attack and put in grubber's behind the line when doing a shift. He loves to come in hard and fast and smash that 2nd man running around the back. If we put in a kick we are a chance of scoring, if not it should at least give him second thoughts about running in again which means you then have a chance to beat him with a pass.

In defence good luck to whoever is marking him. I'd like to see Smith and Lafai come into the team for this match. Holland and Montoya are just back up players nothing more.
The bulldogs haven’t done a grubber kick since kimmorley played for them

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs haven’t done a grubber kick since kimmorley played for them
Apparently last weeks stats say otherwise. Have a look at the player stats and Lachlan Lewis.

which is better than putting up crap bombs and cross field kicks ALL the time.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Score was 8-2 in the first round this year, should be another close one.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Georgallis? Yes. Why? Ill tell you why.

These last two games, every soul in a dogs jersey played with intent of winning. They werent told "you are all shit, you are just here until we get the cattle". No. We seem to have a good attitude now.

I have no doubt that as long as we carry momentum from the knights game, and learn to bring the eels down into a dogs match of attrition, that we will win.

Dogs of war was never about roster.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I reckon our starting forwards can match theirs, but their bench is much better. We definitely only need one utility on the bench this week, probably Katoa, with an extra forward. I'd prefer to go with Wakeham at half and drop Lewis. Sivo's leg looked ordinary on the weekend so hopefully he gets a rest cause we struggle against big wingers. Parra should win cause they have a proper spine, but if we contain Moses and Gutherson as we have before, we're a chance.
I don't think so... We will be kicking from inside our 40 quite regularly

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone give us a chance lol... every time I think of this game, I think back to that game last year when we exposed them and won 12 6 I think. It was a tough game and we managed to out muscle them against all odds, obviously this year different circumstances, and I remember back to round 1 we lost by 1 try which was lucky. We seem to Fire up most times against parra. My head is telling me 50 point loss lol but my heart is hopeful.
Parra last year lost by 40 points three or four times. They are a tighter bunch this year sadly especially with the ref gifting them set restarts non stop.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgie would push Dogs to have a nothing to lose attitude for this one. Since he's come on board our average tries per game is 3. Hopefully we can defend our way to a result - don't see it happening, but if we keep it within 8, I'll be happy

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed.
Its amazing how the number 26 pops up in parra canterbury games over many years
We have zero chance of winning but they wont smash us if our defense is on point. Im thinking 26-16 final score

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah why not.
Winning changes lots, so I'm hopeful but not prepared to put the house on it either
If we win it will be a tight one, if we lose hopefully it wont be a blowout but we usually compete well against parra no matter the ladder situation so fingers crossed[emoji106]
Is it likely? Not really... is it possible? YES, anything is possible... do we have a star class lineup like the Slimy Eels? No, BUT what we will have is belief, and the chance to get our 3rd win.. and two in a row..!! We aren’t expected to win,nor do we expect too.

so we may not have a chance here and by all signs parra are way to classy for us, but it’s time we knock off a few of the top runners, that’s one thing we have been able to do in recent times.

SO YES,I BELIEVE.. OUR DOGGIES CAN CAUSE AN UPSET HERE.!!!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts loved the grubber too... it's a shame we don't do them more often.
Really not sure why they don’t. They had shifty in a few training sesssions in off season and he had one of the best short kicking games going around when he was playing