News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didn’t have the best game yesterday but he’s been great this year. Hopefully he gets a development contract so he can get a game sometime before the seasons out. Kane still has plenty of time on his side though and it’s starting to tick for Renouf a little bit. He’s almost 24 and still hasn’t really made his mark in NRL.
Few errors but his strong running and ball playing at and in the line is beginning to look J.Trbo like, just needs to learn when to pull the trigger.

RT should be on the boat, id say one or two more losses and Pay the dud will play him and probably Harper too when the seasons gone in his blinded eyes. Im actually just watching yesterday's Ccup game and how about RT's kick regather?? This kid has it all lol Pay.

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this is where a strong and business minded ceo that needs to be involved in signings with experienced football people, we need to know if we sign good players we can keep then without having the team destroyed with back ended deals like previously

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Stating the obvious article. Board must've paid Buzz to write it up to direct attention away from our shit season and raise some optimism.
Maybe fans like you new to pay attention. The article is written by Dean Ritchie

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Few errors but his strong running and ball playing at and in the line is beginning to look J.Trbo like, just needs to learn when to pull the trigger.

RT should be on the boat, id say one or two more losses and Pay the dud will play him and probably Harper too when the seasons gone in his blinded eyes. Im actually just watching yesterday's Ccup game and how about RT's kick regather?? This kid has it all lol Pay.
I really dont get why Pay hasnt given RT a start recently.its understandable that he went back to CC coming back from injury & to get some miles in the legs but he's shown more than enough to get him on the bench ... surely he's better option than smith?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really dont get why Pay hasnt given RT a start recently.its understandable that he went back to CC coming back from injury & to get some miles in the legs but he's shown more than enough to get him on the bench ... surely he's better option than smith?
Because Pay doesn't rate him, he doesn't fit the mould that Pay has in mind so he won't play him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Cant see the Turbo bros leaving Manly, cant see Ponga leaving either..
Ponga's interview on the NRL show was far from convincing and if they think 600k is enough to keep him there then....well I hope they do. Ponga is rapidly becoming the next mil dollar player and as our own club said "A franchise player". He's the real deal and the last one I saw was Lockyer. He is worth every penny he asks for and should be our #1 target. Just his signature would be enough to attract more players and cheaper, therefor counterbalancing what your paying him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wants 17 elliotts

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ponga number one target for now. Get the biggest fish first

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because Pay doesn't rate him, he doesn't fit the mould that Pay has in mind so he won't play him.
What a front rower who makes 200mtrs p/g,makes line breaks,drags guys over the try lines when he scores,busts tackles ,competes with opposition fback for friggin ball..dear o dear!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh Welch is decent but I really just want a AFB type, someone that will just skittle defenders and just break up the defensive line. Ogden is the only prop that looks like he could do that, To'omaga could be another if he ever gets the chance to develop in firstgrade..
AFB is a beast. I think Welch can wreak similar havoc. He has every time I've seen him.

Ogden and To'omaga definitely fit that profile and both should be in the 17 for years to come.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree completely with Napa. Thankfully he keeps making the QLD team so someone may be interested down the road.

But Welch can be destructive at times in ways Tolman never could and Welch is almost twice his size... He reminds me of Darren Britt but with better leg speed and athleticism. Whoever signs him will get a great young prop.
Welch looks better then he is cause he’s running off the back of a big run from solomona

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a front rower who makes 200mtrs p/g,makes line breaks,drags guys over the try lines when he scores,busts tackles ,competes with opposition fback for friggin ball..dear o dear!!
Yh To'omaga is the full package in terms of pure skill, all he needs to do is transition to firstgrade but he just isn't being given the chance. Pay loves the stereotypical old school footballer and that's why he doesn't get a run while someone like Elliott takes up 80 on the edge with Smith some how making it into the starting side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
AFB is a beast. I think Welch can wreak similar havoc. He has every time I've seen him.

Ogden and To'omaga definitely fit that profile and both should be in the 17 for years to come.
Not sure if Welch could get there, either way I'm still nervous about recruiting Storm forwards lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welch looks better then he is cause he’s running off the back of a big run from solomona
I disagree. Obviously it helps playing in such a well drilled team with other good players but Welch carries guys with him and rolls over them for the fun of it and I believe he'd be successful at any club he played.

He would have been picked for Origin 1 if fit.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooo, if we get rid of 28 players from our squad by the end of 2020, we’ll have an $8.5m “war chest”. To buy 28 players.

For that many players, That’s not a war chest, it’s our cap

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Soooo, if we get rid of 28 players from our squad by the end of 2020, we’ll have an $8.5m “war chest”. To buy 28 players.

For that many players, That’s not a war chest, it’s our cap
defiantly agree