News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention Flogfield’s alzheimers.
(booze destroyed the few brain cells he had). Dogs never said they have ‘no money until 2021’. They did say they wouldn’t be in the market for major signings until 2021. So the odd signing here and there including DZW was never off the table. And Stimson for 2020 is one of the documented 7 available places. Flogfield the fiction writer like all bad smells will eventually go away. For now, sadly too many people still buy/sub the Daily Terrorgraph keeping this muppet employed.
Also not to mention... they don’t have to tell that pest a thing

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep these players for 2021:
DWZ
Okunbor
Reimis Smith
L.Lewis
Napa (Already signed)
CHN (Already signed)
Josh Jackson

Maybe these:
Montoya (If he can have full resurgence at centre)
Holland (If he can fix defence)
Tolman (Getting old, only if cheap)
Foran (If he suddenly has no injuries)
RFM

Everyone else should not be considred

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope it’s not Jacob Liddle or dany levi
I’d take that billy Brittain kid from Souths though
Christian Welch is in the mix too
But I’d go Thomas Flegler or josh Aloiai
I like the look of Brittain. He's a tough little nugget with a good running game. Him, Robson (if not signed with Nth Qld), Grant, Roache or Fainu are the ones we should look at.

Welch would be a great signing. He'll be starting prop for QLD very soon. I agree about Aloiai. He's come on leaps and bounds.

Hamlin-Uele is one forward who has really stood out to me and looks Fifita-esque. One of Drinkwater, Papenhuyzen or Hughes would be nice. They can't keep all three and Drinkwater is available.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They report this as if all other clubs won't have decent money to sign players.

Complete nothing article whilst trying to stir up our players by clouding their futures.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the look of Brittain. He's a tough little nugget with a good running game. Him, Robson (if not signed with Nth Qld), Grant, Roache or Fainu are the ones we should look at.

Welch would be a great signing. He'll be starting prop for QLD very soon. I agree about Aloiai. He's come on leaps and bounds.

Hamlin-Uele is one forward who has really stood out to me and looks Fifita-esque. One of Drinkwater, Papenhuyzen or Hughes would be nice. They can't keep all three and Drinkwater is available.
I heard that uele guy is going to warriors on big money
Drinkwater to cows
Papen to re-sign with storm
Welsh looking at 500k plus
Fainu is a freak and would love
Aloia should be a must and would come cheap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard that uele guy is going to warriors on big money
Drinkwater to cows
Papen to re-sign with storm
Welsh looking at 500k plus
Fainu is a freak and would love
Aloia should be a must and would come cheap
Welch is worth way more than Napa. 500k is worth it.

It doesn't surprise me with Papenhuyzen. He looks like a clone of Slater and will dominate.

Shame about the others if true. Fainu is being wasted. I know they're shopping Api but Fainu is the one you want. Des owes us a hooker to replace Cook!

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep these players for 2021:
DWZ
Okunbor
Reimis Smith
L.Lewis
Napa (Already signed)
CHN (Already signed)
Josh Jackson

Maybe these:
Montoya (If he can have full resurgence at centre)
Holland (If he can fix defence)
Tolman (Getting old, only if cheap)
Foran (If he suddenly has no injuries)
RFM

Everyone else should not be considred
Also ofahiki Ogden you would keep he reminds me abit like Roy Asatasi when he 1st come through the club Ogden just needs more game time

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we'll have sat on our hands and be chasing 85% of a roster like this article states. I know we'll have a warchest but nothing like 8.5million. if we have 3-4 million left over it's a huge amount to lure in 4-5 gun players.

Between now and then I would like us to be astute with recruitment for our lower grades and be in a position where we have 8-10 very promising depth players at 20 to 23 years of age fighting for promotion.

Between now and 2021 I think a lot of our youngsters will have developed nicely. It's been a baptism of fire given the fact that we cleared out a lot of experience. But the club will have a good idea of who among our roster can form the backbone of a good team. With luck we'll retain the best of them. I'm thinking the days when we pay overs to retain guys like L. Perrett, Abbey, Mbye etc are behind us.

Hopefully moving forward we find ways to blood youngsters with a couple of years left to run on their contracts and upgrade them if they can handle the NRL. We've seen that by relying on judgement of players who are playing for contracts can give a false impression of how they'll perform when their futures aren't settled. I hope we never pay for bludgers like Mbye to coast their way through a big money deal again.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stating the obvious article. Board must've paid Buzz to write it up to direct attention away from our shit season and raise some optimism.
100%. I couldn’t agree more. Everyone knows we can’t spend big until the end of next year.

Fellas, trust me, our board leaked this kind of information to create interest in our club. Footy wise we are on life support. Don’t you guys think it’s pretty obvious this article comes out hours after the DWZ article about signing with us. They want to create hype around our club to make it attractive to other players/coaches/fans and of course the voting members. The turbo bros and Ponga rumour could be true or it could be bullshit, either way this article has its own agenda.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our best success came when we developed the star players and went to market only to fill the holes left over. Thinking that we can create a team of buy ins is a recipe for failure.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No players is going to sign that far out, and they are unlikely to sign unless they have a better idea who the coach will be. The dogs have become an unDESirable club to come to.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Robson hasn’t signed we need to go snag him. Then I’d go and sign that popanhoizen or whatever asap.

I’d be talking to aiden fonau Blake ASAP (don’t care when he’s off) too and cotric. If Lewis kicks on or find a quality option in the halves.

Then in my opinion we would be well placed to build around.

Afb forward leader. Keep Ogden.

Strike in the back between pop, dwz, cotric, Smith.

Hooker with skill and young.

Half.

One can dream [emoji23]

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No players is going to sign that far out, and they are unlikely to sign unless they have a better idea who the coach will be. The dogs have become an unDESirable club to come to.
So undesirable that we signed 2 players this week, they obviously weren’t put off by the coach.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Welch is worth way more than Napa. 500k is worth it.

It doesn't surprise me with Papenhuyzen. He looks like a clone of Slater and will dominate.

Shame about the others if true. Fainu is being wasted. I know they're shopping Api but Fainu is the one you want. Des owes us a hooker to replace Cook!
We should never have signed Napa, Welch at 500k+ is just too steep with what we have there. Tolman, Napa and Welch...none of these blokes are bouncing away defenders

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After next year, nothing story, anything could happen.
The current squad playing for their futures.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should never have signed Napa, Welch at 500k+ is just too steep with what we have there. Tolman, Napa and Welch...none of these blokes are bouncing away defenders
I think Welch does. He has a massive fend, bump and offload on him. But I agreed all along that Napa was a poor use of cap space. If Tolman's deal expires at the end of next season and you can lock Welch in long term then it's no so bad. Hopefully Tolman or Napa could be shopped around before then.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toomaga should have been put back in to develop long ago.tualaa strong in the middle but pay don’t pick and give decent time on fiel
Its the perfect season for him to get some 1st grade experience under his belt and would set him up for next year