News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or Flanagan is just complete shit and only has a FG spot how because his dad coaches Saints. Do you honestly think if Burton wasn't at the club that Flanagan would have been a great half? It's Burton's fault that Burton isn't playing better. It's not Burton's fault that Flanagan was shit to begin with and is still shit.
You're right that Flanno is shite as I've been saying that before he came to the Dogs. However Burton has been given plenty of chances and he still hasn't aimed up. Last week against Souths he had plenty of chances in the red zone and came up with nothing. Sure we still don't have a good HB but the HB can't be expected to set up every try when we dominate possession and field position and our 6 does bugger all when he has the ball in those prime spots.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're right that Flanno is shite as I've been saying that before he came to the Dogs. However Burton has been given plenty of chances and he still hasn't aimed up. Last week against Souths he had plenty of chances in the red zone and came up with nothing. Sure we still don't have a good HB but the HB can't be expected to set up every try when we dominate possession and field position and our 6 does bugger all when he has the ball in those prime spots.
I agree about Burton's struggles and weaknesses. I'm not defending his form at all as it hasn't been good enough.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We move too laterally in attack, it comes down to middles and also hutch, need to start moving forward and direct with more depth… which allows our outside backs and second rowers to hit the line with more speed… Mahoney needs to stop dancing around once he gets the ball and trying to milk penalties for markers not being square… Burton will start firing too if this happens

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could it be that other teams are rushing up on Crichton forcing Hutch to dummy instead and step back in?

He does it often even though he is not fast or strong. They have to rethink getting the ball out faster and having Crichton deeper or something because our attack on the right is not firing and we have great strike power there.
This is a big part.
Most clubs are adapting to what's trending, creating success. Some clubs (not many) although not the frontrunners to outright success are countering this or sticking to other styles of play. Bulldogs for a while have been one of the mass of clubs trying to get with the trend. The rushing up on edges should and can be exposed, I know we don't want to rely on forwards but they're capable of hitting and offloading, creating more space in and around rucks, then eventually use the edges.

Bulldogs really need to adapt to what works for them and how to counter certain situations. This isn't a 2year thing nor overnight but some simple improvements would do wonders. I'll leave that for the pros but offloads and support runners rather than a block play would be as effective and less margin for error and less tiring for all involved. As long as there's direction, this is where the captain or one of the halves or hooker really has to manage or call. On field trainer too, passing on any word.

Also we should be taking opportunities to kick penalty goals, reset and build sets again. Even when scoreboard pressure is looking tight. I know there has to be a degree of arrogance and confidence but if we really want to play smarter, then taking the two is going to help the overall game that Bulldogs are trying to play.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shit team, shit GM of Footy and Dumb coach...Rooster by 300

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what’s your solution since you have it all figured out?
Nowhere did I mention round 20, I said it’s round 4 and making changes this early on isn’t gonna make a massive difference considering no one in reggies is making a case for first grade!
As stated in my last message shall we move the players best in their position to appease you and the rest of the negative brigade on here?
I don't claim to have it all figured out and if I did It would not make a scrap of difference because our brilliant coach has the same mentality as you, "if it's not working don't try to fix it "which he proved with Perham last year, that's where the round 20 came into It, that was the round that he finally swallowed his pride and finally dropped Perham and we rushed Sexton down from Gold Coast to play halfback and avoided the spoon, that's why I mentioned round 20, never once did I mention that you said round 20, No don't move players BEST in their positions to appease me and the rest of your so called "NEGATIVE BRIGADE" do it for the sake of the of improving the team and the club and the true Bulldog Supporters who have suffered enough through all these years , as it stands 1 win and 3 losses in the begging of the season may seem like a big improvement to you and your positive Brigade & CC, but it's not acceptable to the real fans

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
O'Niell in the halves for NSW Cup this week pushing BBO to 9. It will be interesting to see if O'Niell with an eye to next year stays there, considering the form Hutchinson and Sexton. Happy with the form of Papali'i and Todd as well and as others have said Xerri has been getting better week by week. But I would have liked to see Patolo spend more time in reserves before being called up to NRL.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At this stage we have the cattle to be competitive IMO. If Ciraldo can't get us towards mid table by the end of the year I'll be hoping he's moved on. But despite the football pedigree of many commentators and reporters calling for Hutchison to make way, I'd be pretty sad if CC is basing his selection criteria on outside noise.
Should be based fairly and squarely on who is the better player in his individual position and make the team dynamics and gameplan work around that to put the best team capable of providing the TWO elements to a footy team on the park.....defence AND attack.

If that is not the case at the moment, after coach evaluates ALL his players strengths and weaknesses, then coach needs to re-assess his selections and strategies.

We have to be patient till CC gets to that point ...but recruitment will be affected if we continue being one-dimensional.

He has the makings to be a great coach but needs to get the best out of all the potential 1s, 7s, 6s he has at his disposal. Mahoney playing sub-par to his Parra form as well.

Crossed fingers for tonight :grinning:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares..Gus has ruined another club.. he's a low human
Which other club is ruined?
Let me see, oh you mean Penrith….. yeah poor club about to fold.
Can’t remember……or was it the roosters hmmmm…… yeah must be the roosters cause they haven’t won anything since Gus set them up.
You are right fucking Gus ruined another club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which other club is ruined?
Let me see, oh you mean Penrith….. yeah poor club about to fold.
Can’t remember……or was it the roosters hmmmm…… yeah must be the roosters cause they haven’t won anything since Gus set them up.
You are right fucking Gus ruined another club.
You call it HALLUCINATION at it's best :laughing: