Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did the dogs announce his contract was $800k?

Do you know the structure of the deal and what is included in and out of the cap?

If so, please enlighten us...
Is he going to turn down a lot more from the Saints and Nth Qld to sign with us? We would have had to have been close to their offers or have offered more.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Laundy would have 100s of business associates that could afford to do a TPP deal he is worth over 1 Billion $ and does multi million dollar property transactions like we buy used cars ffs
we have our own Uncle Nick now the Cap always fits

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd fucking hope so. Like I said, Mahoney is worth that money more than Kikau. A good hooker has much more impact than a good second rower.
Do you seriously think Gus would make this signing over Mahoney??

Everyone saying "I hope this doesn't affect the Mahoney signing" have no idea. There is no way the powers that be at our club would jeopardise the Mahoney signing by signing Kikau.

If Mahoney doesn't sign it won't be because of the Kikau signing.This hasn't happened overnight, so why would they be talking to two players if we can only sign one? Either they know Mahoney isn't coming so have spent on Kikau, or we can afford both.

You mentioned our cap is going to be fucked again. Lol do you honestly think that Gus is going to fuck our cap again? Got rocks in your head mate.

Bring on Kikau and trust the club! They won't fuck us this time like last time

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the haters... Kikau had a quiet 2021 I agree but still made the top 25 players for Post contact metres, tackle breaks, offloads.
And top 45 for line breaks, like break assist and metres gained.
And scored 9 tries.
Would any forward we had in 21 beat those stats??
Sounds like even on a bad day he still beats 90 percent of our forwards on their good day.
Even when Kikau has quiet games he often still has big moments. I agree those stats are very good for someone who's there more for big individual plays than for having a high individual work rate.

Like others I'm surprised we've gone all-in on another back-rower rather than a hooker or half, but Gus knows the spine is most important for us so I'm sure there's a plan to get Kikau and a decent hooker for '23. Even though our 4 halfback possible's are all a bit iffy, I expect they'll be given a chance for one of them to stand up, with hooker being the next priority.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you seriously think Gus would make this signing over Mahoney??

Everyone saying "I hope this doesn't affect the Mahoney signing" have no idea. There is no way the powers that be at our club would jeopardise the Mahoney signing by signing Kikau.

If Mahoney doesn't sign it won't be because of the Kikau signing.This hasn't happened overnight, so why would they be talking to two players if we can only sign one? Either they know Mahoney isn't coming so have spent on Kikau, or we can afford both.

You mentioned our cap is going to be fucked again. Lol do you honestly think that Gus is going to fuck our cap again? Got rocks in your head mate.

Bring on Kikau and trust the club! They won't fuck us this time like last time
I certainly have faith in Gus but I don't like the signing or the amount of money we have tied up in forwards. Someone will have to be moved on. We'll see what happens. I hope Kikau is more like Pritchard than She-Rex.

I don't have to slurp every signing we make though. They were close to signing Shaun Johnson which would have been a mistake. Not every signing is going to be a good one. I'm not a fan of Kikau at that price. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the photo in the first place, wouldn't you just announce, seems odd to me and not a great look

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he going to turn down a lot more from the Saints and Nth Qld to sign with us? We would have had to have been close to their offers or have offered more.
How do we know what those clubs were offering? Or if they were even legit or just from his mgr trying to get his value increased?

If he was on 600k and 200k 3rd party, would we be happier?

I'm not having digs or saying we can't speculate, I just hate how whenever we sign a player we're apparently paying this huge ridiculous coin and the media act like they've got a copy of the contract first hand.

When roosters sign or re-sign a player tho they of course never have this problem.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reason they would have for even having kikau wear abulldogs polo, is if he was hoping to be here next year, or they were trying to make it happen. The so called "leak", must have been a deliberate ploy imo. There is simply no other reason a contracted player would put on an appointment teams kit a year out from playing for them. Massive insult to his current club and team mates otherwise.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do we know what those clubs were offering? Or if they were even legit or just from his mgr trying to get his value increased?

If he was on 600k and 200k 3rd party, would we be happier?

I'm not having digs or saying we can't speculate, I just hate how whenever we sign a player we're apparently paying this huge ridiculous coin and the media act like they've got a copy of the contract first hand.

When roosters sign or re-sign a player tho they of course never have this problem.
Of course we don't know the figures and it's speculation. Either way he'd cost a lot, even factoring in potential TPA's..