Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're currently a more attractive club/team to play for compared to the Cowboys and Dragons (and the Tigers, and most of the bottom teams now to be fair). Baz has done a good job attracting talent and Gus is the football God.
Exactly. We are a desirable club again, and we just got the wooden spoon!!! Well done Bulldogs!!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If hes already in our colours does that mean its for 2022???? I bet Koroisau will follow him if we don’t get Mahoney
I doubt the panthers will let him go early, re burton they played hardball no way.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i figure the same. If i had to choose between the 2, it'd be Paulo but still not entirely unhappy with Kikau
Basically my thoughts too. It’s 1 of 3.

1. Tpj moves prop and Kikau is signed.

2. Paulo signed and tpj stays back row.

3. We sign Paulo still (something with Thompson is worked out that he’s got next year and might have asked to
Go home ? Or maybe Jackson is retiring after next season and hetho won’t be getting his player option?)

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely we announce it this afternoon... I swear if the person who has took the photo has stuffed this up thatll be the worst!!!!

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly have faith in Gus but I don't like the signing or the amount of money we have tied up in forwards. Someone will have to be moved on. We'll see what happens. I hope Kikau is more like Pritchard than She-Rex.

I don't have to slurp every signing we make though. They were close to signing Shaun Johnson which would have been a mistake. Not every signing is going to be a good one. I'm not a fan of Kikau at that price. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
Like I said, just trust the club. They know shitloads more about our cap situation then you and I.

You're just pissed because you don't like Kikau.

Watch this space because you're going to look very silly, and that's not speculation!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how to feel about this a lot of money in none spine players especially when we need a 9 and maybe a 7
But there’s none available. It’s been clear that we have been chasing B Smith to fill one spine position but he appears to not be serious about joining us and is leaning towards QLD clubs. We can’t just sit on our hands and wait around when a quality player in any position becomes available. It’s obvious players like Waddell, Stimson, Doorey just don’t cut it so I’m ok with strengthening areas we have been lacking in. As others have said, we haven’t had a damaging back rower since Pritchard

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't remember the last time such a major signing came so out of the blue. I rate him but it does strike me as a bit of a weird addition given Gus has gone on record about how important it is to have balance in your cap and invest more in the spine.

Also, put me in the 'strategic leak' camp (if one exists). Wouldn't surprise me at all if the club knowingly leaked the photo just before the Panthers big celebration. I'm sure there's still some bad blood there after the whole Burton thing and Gus as much as he's a smart operator, has an ego the size of king kong. So he'd want this pick up out there asap for any other potential recruits that might be on the fence. That's my theory anyway.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was it ever in doubt ? If I remember correctly I did mention Kikau and Paulo we would be throwing the kitchen sink at !
I mentioned this start of last season, I doubt Paulo would be on unless we don’t have plans for Vaughan.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously WHY!?

Damaging one game, a passenger the next.
True for the 2021 season. But I think with familiar faces he likes and has good relationships with like Gould n Barrett hell thrive. Least I’m hoping hahah

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The only reason they would have for even having kikau wear abulldogs polo, is if he was hoping to be here next year, or they were trying to make it happen. The so called "leak", must have been a deliberate ploy imo. There is simply no other reason a contracted player would put on an appointment teams kit a year out from playing for them. Massive insult to his current club and team mates otherwise.
Maybe there’s more to this than meets the eye.
One of the articles said the Dogs had agreed not to announce this until after Penrith’s Premiership parade tomorrow. That changes with the photo leak, but maybe it’s not a surprise to the Panthers and could be related to cap pressure. Maybe it’s for before 2023? We’ll know soon enough.