Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard (not sure on accuracy) that Reed will be leaving Parramatta 100% BUT he is also taking to Titans. Titans are also talking to Cheese, and I assume they would prefer to land cheese, but if it falls through then have Reed as a back up. Smith was spotted meeting with the Titans and touring facilities recently so there's a decent chance the Titans may snare him over the Roosters who need to move on Joey Manu (who publicly said he wants to stay at easts) in order to be able to afford him - either way if any of this merry go round is true, the longer discussions take over Smith, the better it is for us as i'd say Reed wont want to wait for that garbage to work itself out and sign with us
No I wouldn't worry to much about the Titans or Roosters cause we have nicer food at Belmore, You know what they say
" the Berker's are better at Bankstown Hungary Jacks " Even the fox said he's loving the Garlic sauce

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because you don't go treating your mrs to fancy Asian unless you're getting laid ?
Hey 2144superman! Who's this fancy Asian you speak of that treats your mrs? Cheers. 88

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mole: Bulldogs deny making multi-million dollar offer to Reed Mahoney

Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has strongly denied reports that his club has made a multi-million dollar offer to sign Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney.

Gould confirmed that he and Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett wined and dined Mahoney at the Chinese restaurant within Canterbury Leagues Club earlier this week, but declared money was not discussed.

"There is really nothing to it at this stage other than that we had a nice dinner with Reed," Gould told Wide World of Sports.
"I wanted him to meet our people. He's a very impressive young man.

"There has certainly be no formal offer at this stage - it was very much preliminary discussions.
"If Reed shows a genuine interest in being a Bulldog, we would be keen for further talks.
"We shall see what the future brings."

The Sydney Morning Herald wrote that the Bulldogs can pay Mahoney $650,000 over four years, while the Eels will offer him $450,000 over three years.
Several other clubs, including the Titans, are also keen to snare the talented dummy-half.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
The Mole: Bulldogs deny making multi-million dollar offer to Reed Mahoney

Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has strongly denied reports that his club has made a multi-million dollar offer to sign Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney.

Gould confirmed that he and Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett wined and dined Mahoney at the Chinese restaurant within Canterbury Leagues Club earlier this week, but declared money was not discussed.

"There is really nothing to it at this stage other than that we had a nice dinner with Reed," Gould told Wide World of Sports.
"I wanted him to meet our people. He's a very impressive young man.

"There has certainly be no formal offer at this stage - it was very much preliminary discussions.
"If Reed shows a genuine interest in being a Bulldog, we would be keen for further talks.
"We shall see what the future brings."

The Sydney Morning Herald wrote that the Bulldogs can pay Mahoney $650,000 over four years, while the Eels will offer him $450,000 over three years.
Several other clubs, including the Titans, are also keen to snare the talented dummy-half.
We are just downplaying it.

Fingers crossed it happens.

Eels premiership window is closed and ours is opening so it would be stupid not to come across.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So im guessing the plan is..

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. Mahoney

Otherwise we can say goodbye to BBO who in my opinion will be better than Mahoney if he chose to be a rake.
I'm with you on that.
All I see is Polly when I look at this kid, and Polly was a great half and developed in to a really good Hooker.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have you even considered the possibility that Jackson hasn't been offering much in attached recently because;
1. The whole team has hardly done any attacking for the last couple of years
2. The service he has been getting was trash
3. He does so much work in defence that he doesn't have a lot left for attack
4. In defence he has been covering for some others that shouldn't really have been playing NRL games
5. There has been no one outside of him on the park to draw attention, making him easy pickings for the umbrella defence
6. There has been one inside of him on the park to attract the defence, making him easy pickings for the sliding defence

How about we see how he goes with some decent players around him, then we might just get a better appreciation of his total abilities again (yes again, because I am sure he hasn't forgotten how to attack).

Always a Bulldog
I concur. We will have the Jacko of past seasons again. Love the bloke.

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
if reed keeps his dodgy shoulder in check then im happy. if not then hes just anther foran