Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way is Avo getting a run at FB over Dufty otherwise there was no point signing him in the first place.

Yes Avo should have had a go at FB this year while we had nothing better but they never tried it. I suspect he would be great at it but there's no runs on the board in that position giving him a go over Dufty. Dufty did more in 1 game then Avo's whole season. Sad but true.

I don't see a spot in the team for Avo unless Tbaz has something up his sleeve at 14?

Avo needs time in reggies to find whatever game he must have had at one stage, I never saw it.

1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. Mahoney if we get him....
Atm you are right though I was referring to the future maybe 2 or more years down the track when BBO and Avo are older and more complete NRL standard footballers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo won't even be in the starting 13 and rightly so, we're weeding out the shit. Also logic says, we didn't sign Duffy to give Averillo first crack at full back LOL

Jumping the gun buddy.... Didnt occur maybe the "plan" was in regards to post 2022? Rather the future and beyond considering we have Dufty and Mahoney probably will not come until 2023 unless Parra release him... you are an absolute genius.

LOL at the Averillo prediction...

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see Burton and Averillo halves combo working only if we get an organizing hooker like Mahoney,
One controls the right and the other the left.
I agree, if Mahoney comes over and then proves himself to be an elite decision maker that can work - but I wouldn't be so rigid with the left and right stuff. Have them work in tandem all over the field.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm with you on that.
All I see is Polly when I look at this kid, and Polly was a great half and developed in to a really good Hooker.
Polly was great footballer... Extremely underrated player who could fill in wherever when needed. One only needs to watch that 98 semi against Parra to see his absolute class.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, if Mahoney comes over and then proves himself to be an elite decision maker that can work - but I wouldn't be so rigid with the left and right stuff. Have them work in tandem all over the field.
That will be up to the coach and the natural vision of the players

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see Burton and Averillo halves combo working only if we get an organizing hooker like Mahoney,
One controls the right and the other the left.
Only if Mahoney agrees as nothing guaranteed. If not, then I'm sure we've publicly advertised for one. I'm still not convinced.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That will be up to the coach and the natural vision of the players
Yeah, but I think we have enough data to conclude left and right side exclusive attack doesn't work well.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are you blokes on? Averillo was first year at 7 and performed very well imo. He will have a better team around him and i reckon he will excel next year. He will definitely start at 7 and he deserves too.
Not being a smart arse, but I didn't really see it. In what areas did you think he did well for his first season?

As a league coach, I'm sure you probably see some things that many of us don't.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only if Mahoney agrees as nothing guaranteed. If not, then I'm sure we've publicly advertised for one. I'm still not convinced.
The effort to bring someone is evident...We will have to wait and see !

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think we have enough data to conclude left and right side exclusive attack doesn't work well.
Great players are normally separated from good players by their great visions.