Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bet the Parra greats weren't so livid when they signed four of our rep players at once.

They should be upset though.. Parra have prioritised the wrong players. I'm just glad we're benefiting from their mistakes instead of the other way around..
And still couldn't buy, i mean win a premiership.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We live in a furnished resort in PC and moving to another resort in Daintree..
I work from home so pretty cruise lifestyle…why the fuck not..lol
Which resort will you be working at up there? I need a work from home job too! Haha

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day today. I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t and the Eels are now literally in the sh!t.

You just don't muck around with negotiations with your important players, especially in a hot market. I'm certain that had Parra offered in the vicinity of $550k-$575k per year at the beginning he wouldn't have ever considered leaving. Anyway their big loss and our huge gain.

As handy a player as B Smith is, I feel we got the best hooker in terms of what we need and at a great price.
100% agree!
My only hesitancy re Reed is injuries as shoulders can become crippling injuries…
I hope his career & time with us is not railroaded by bung rocky boulders…

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Great day today. I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t and the Eels are now literally in the sh!t.

You just don't muck around with negotiations with your important players, especially in a hot market. I'm certain that had Parra offered in the vicinity of $550k-$575k per year at the beginning he wouldn't have ever considered leaving. Anyway their big loss and our huge gain.

As handy a player as B Smith is, I feel we got the best hooker in terms of what we need and at a great price.
Especially with a new team in the Dolphins coming to town. Player salaries are going to go through the roof. Dogs hopefully if Burton aims up will extend him sometime this season.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players treat their careers like any fulltime job. I have met a few rugby players and asked the question “How does it feel to play for a club you didn’t support as kid”. Their response? It’s just a job at end of the day.
100% man. I find it so weird that people really think that Mahoney wouldn’t come here because “the bulldogs said he wouldn’t play first grade “

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the Best recruitment drive by any team in nrl history.

Burton
Pangai
Kikau
Mahney
Addo Carr
Naden

Vaughn
Dufty
its been great but unless something changes we need to remember this is recruitment over 2 years.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree!
My only hesitancy re Reed is injuries as shoulders can become crippling injuries…
I hope his career & time with us is not railroaded by bung rocky boulders…
Yeah hope so too. Hopefully at 23 we will be able to help him manage his shoulders so they last longer.

That's my biggest concern with the way Brandon Smith plays like an extra forward (even when he's just playing hooker). You wonder how much the wear and tear will soon impact him, especially if he's costing you $900k per season.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some great signings. For the first time since 2014 , i am looking forward to footy again. It's a breath of fresh air knowing there is no Pay nor Hasler or Elliot or Trex or the 100 shit players we have had to put up with.

We actually have world class players, players like TPJ and Kikau who could run over opposition and score from nothing. A freak of a half. Worlds fastest winger etc

But us fans will make the most difference. We are freaks. We are passionate. We are loud and proud. Imagine the hype, the media attention and massive crowds once we start winning again. These players will be treated like gods by our fans and these players will love it even more once we start going crazy again. Its our secret weapon that has been missing for a very very long time..

Good times ahead.. for the moment i honestly say to friends im just happy to win more than 3 games. That's how bad it got...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have ago at the sea-chickens...more armchair accountants

Surely there has to be an investigation :sob: . BYO lawn chairs

Were they complaining about the cap when they had the Stewart brothers, Lyon, Matai, DCE, Watmough, Foran, Kennedy, Menzies etc?

I love hearing other fans complain about us. It's proof of how far we've come since the start of last season when everyone was laughing at us and wondering how we wasted all of our cap space.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like when they did their estimates that they added 2022 and 2023 players into the same cap.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I agree with one thing

If Baz doesn’t get results with this brand new roster, Gus is going to get Ciraldo