Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he could do a job at 14 but I'd prefer BBO doing that role. If JMK's on close to minimum wage he's not a bad player to have in the top 30. I have no idea where Cook's at. I think you want 3 hookers in your top 30.
Would you rather BBO off the bench for 10-15 mins per game or 80 mins in reserve grade learning the trade. Idk what I would want lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would you rather BBO off the bench for 10-15 mins per game or 80 mins in reserve grade learning the trade. Idk what I would want lol
Either or. Whatever gives us a higher chance of retaining him. When it gets to the point he'll leave if not playing regular NRL I'd try and get him in the halves with Averillo fullback. Well we have a lot of good kids now and I want to keep all of them :D .

Reactions: mez

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either or. Whatever gives us a higher chance of retaining him. When it gets to the point he'll leave if not playing regular NRL I'd try and get him in the halves with Averillo fullback. Well we have a lot of good kids now and I want to keep all of them :D .
Definitely can see why signed Dufty for one year.. maybe it’s to help with Averillo attacking game from the back and develop him into a FB. I don’t know if Dufty is the best mentor though...

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh teally? Epic. My wife and are heading there this weekend. Cape trib actually. What are you planning to do up there? Some botany? Haha
We live in a furnished resort in PC and moving to another resort in Daintree..
I work from home so pretty cruise lifestyle…why the fuck not..lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it possible to pick up 2 generation players one after another? Two players that you can build a team around? of course I'm refering to Burton and Mahoney. I got to pinch myself I can not believe our luck. With Mahoney to the Dogs the Eels have just commited football suicide. Why would you allow a player touted as the next shadow Queensland origin hooker to slip through your fingers without putting up a fight to keep him? 600K is a steal for a player of his position and calibre :grinning: If anything the big 3 Khoury, Gus and Barrett pulled Parramatta's pants down when they made this deal. Can you imagine lowballing a player of his calibre just to save a few bucks. Morons with a capital M.....on the other hand thank God we were able to correct the mistake our previous board made by bringing Reed back home where he belongs.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day today. I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t and the Eels are now literally in the sh!t.

You just don't muck around with negotiations with your important players, especially in a hot market. I'm certain that had Parra offered in the vicinity of $550k-$575k per year at the beginning he wouldn't have ever considered leaving. Anyway their big loss and our huge gain.

As handy a player as B Smith is, I feel we got the best hooker in terms of what we need and at a great price.