Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought i saw somewhere the QLD teams were interested at the 500k mark, if so we should be well in the mix. What is he on at the moment ?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking that too bro
This looks to be a celebration dinner / welcome to the club , throwback to how Bullfrog conducted business

Also, didn’t Gus tweet some big news for dogs fans or something of that nature?
I thought that was about a warriors player? I can't keep up with this place and gus' tweets

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought i saw somewhere the QLD teams were interested at the 500k mark, if so we should be well in the mix. What is he on at the moment ?
Over at 1 eyed eel they say he's on 460k. They reckon we are offering 600K for 4 years.

Last edited:

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a hard one. Definitely much better than we have, although he plays behind a pretty brutal pack at Parra. We sure as shit ain’t got that.
The inclusion of TPJ and Vaughn will add a bit of punch to our pack in the middle along with Ava. But if Waddell makes it into our pack then I’ll be worried.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough, i think api would suit us better tho
Both can be useful in a developing team.
Mahoney puts in more solid and consistent performances. Api less consistent but mor X-factor.

In a good team that is top 4, you would probably take Mahoney as it generally means you have established players in other spine positions and just need a solid player.

In our team, you could take either.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a hard one. Definitely much better than we have, although he plays behind a pretty brutal pack at Parra. We sure as shit ain’t got that.
Ive seen enough games where Parra has been locked even with opposition teams and Mahoney has found a way to ignite his team with a great dummy half play or try.

Id still prefer Cheese but would take Mahoney. Api would be my third choice

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our pack isn't as strong as Parra's but it will be massively improved with Vaughan, TPJ etc. And addition by subtraction with Elliott gone..
It has nothing to do with size....
Its tye way the team plays and the way the team trains....

In previous years, we could have signed God and still wouldnt dent the opposition, because our whole gamestyle of how to advance down the field with the ball was massively flawed. That is Desball.

Even when we signed someone who played "correctly" such as CHN, it didnt last long, as they soon became morphed in our shitty gamestyle.

Its only the mass changes to our roster next season that gives me confidence that we have removed most of the weeds and our grass can grow.

Its been proven twice before and im confident it will happen again in the next 2 years

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ive seen enough games where Parra has been locked even with opposition teams and Mahoney has found a way to ignite his team with a great dummy half play or try.

Id still prefer Cheese but would take Mahoney. Api would be my third choice
Spot on.

Brandon still first choice.
Mahoney second when you factor what you said plus a bloke early 20’s vs 30
By time he would be here?