Opinion Dogs should enter the race for Adam Reynolds.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I mean if the guy wasn’t 30 Yh he’s retiring soon don’t yous want a long term halfback

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me personally I cant stand the prick even before the good Friday carry on I've always disliked him on the field, stays down all the time carrying on like he's been hit high or late almost every tackle. If we want a mentor for Burton for a year or two maybe we look at Widdop or Jimmy Maloney. They would come cheap and in my opinion are just as good.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well idk if Reynolds is the answer either being 30 and pricey, doubt we're in the mix anyway..but those other two are just complete No's from me, Burto would regress if he listened to either of those two i.e is already clearly better than both.Matty has a mentor in Baz he will be fine needs a good foil as his halves partner but none really spring to mind unfortunately.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if the numbers getting tossed about are correct, Peptides have offered $2.45m over 3 yrs to try and trump Donks $2.4m over 3yrs, but Donks would reluctantly offer a fourth yr (presumably $3.2 over 4yrs).

Thus, to get him we'd need to trump both, probably significantly, which is bordering on another Foz contract. If he stayed fit and performed for his whole contract, great. But at 30, that's quite a big IF.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if the numbers getting tossed about are correct, Peptides have offered $2.45m over 3 yrs to try and trump Donks $2.4m over 3yrs, but Donks would reluctantly offer a fourth yr (presumably $3.2 over 4yrs).

Thus, to get him we'd need to trump both, probably significantly, which is bordering on another Foz contract. If he stayed fit and performed for his whole contract, great. But at 30, that's quite a big IF.
I read another story where it quoted the Sharks are at 700 year 1 and less for subsequent years, do not know which is the more current offer tbh but yes we would have to be at around 800 per year for 3 i'd say too risky.
Are we now in a situation that we need a 7 as much as a 9 and forwards? i don't think so but..........

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.. he would control the sets and end them on high percentage plays, build pressure etc. You would not expect anything less from him, 10+ year veteran. We just wouldn't have what he needs around hiim to be a winning team and the price tag he wants we are better served addressing other gaps as priority.

If he was to come cheap like Kimmorley did for us at the end of his career then 100% would be a good buy, but he wants 4 years at 650k a year (whatever is being reported by the media) - that's just way too high a price tag and too long a deal for his age/injury history
I respect your opinion but, 650 is a good price for someone of his experience in my opinion . You know how hard it is to get yourself into a position inside the opps 20 and we are doing that pretty well we just need repeats to build pressure on the opps

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read another story where it quoted the Sharks are at 700 year 1 and less for subsequent years, do not know which is the more current offer tbh but yes we would have to be at around 800 per year for 3 i'd say too risky.
Are we now in a situation that we need a 7 as much as a 9 and forwards? i don't think so but..........
According to Drunk Buzz, that was the first lowball offer, the $2.45m is the later one.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad we don't have to decide anyway, could end up a master stroke or a coach killer!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think its cap and they will keep Bunji for a year more on cheap and relieve the cap pressure.
It is to certain extent but they are re signing walker in front of him also

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way we can match the Sharks deal of $2.45m over three seasons for a guy who can't train during the week because of injuries and has to get managed up until gameday.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m glad you’re with me on this Horse. With a good halves pairing maybe we stop having to pay overs for average players. Believe me I know we still need a great hooker, but we also need a great halfback.
Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, just saying.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, just saying.
Hahaha you truly are a chump mate. How many accounts is that now which you’ve wrongly accused of being dupes of mine? I reckon we’re in double figures!