Opinion Dogs should enter the race for Adam Reynolds.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you’re right mate.

2 year deal at the right price would be ideal and can really get us going in the right direction.

AReyn knows how to steer a team around the park. Great kicking game and takes the right options. We desperately need these things. What a great foil he would be for Burto also.
And look at Souths last week he does make a difference

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not discounting that at all, and you are right. I think that says more to how shit Dragons are then anything, but yes you need better execution at the end of the sets which Reynolds would provide but I think bigger issue for us is middle forwards and hooker.
The thing with Reynolds is at least he can grubber to the ingoal for repeat sets something our useless pricks haven"t been able to do for years

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been managing a knee injury for ages and supposedly doesn't train much during the week. Which is why they're sticking to a short term deal.
Well whatever they’re doing to manage his knee is working a treat because he’s barely missed a game for over 3 years now and they have a 65% win rate during that same period which is outstanding.

I’d be delighted to have him here to continue managing that knee of his.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be a c0ck tease, please share (PM) :D

Where is this talk of him 'hating' the dogs come from?
It goes way back before the Good Friday debacle from a few years back.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lot of time for Reynolds as a player but I really think our options for halfback in 2022 are either Flanagan or Burton... we need to chase forwards and not more halves

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think Flanagan will come good with another off season. Burton will do wonders for him, will take the pressure right off him. Then if we can jag Smith Flanagan will go to a new levers I feel......

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely should be an option.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well whatever they’re doing to manage his knee is working a treat because he’s barely missed a game for over 3 years now and they have a 65% win rate during that same period which is outstanding.

I’d be delighted to have him here to continue managing that knee of his.
That's their reasoning from what I've been told. Regardless, I don't see how we can compete with Cronulla or Brisbane's offers even if we were interested considering the signings we still need to make at hooker and in the pack..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been managing a knee injury for ages and supposedly doesn't train much during the week. Which is why they're sticking to a short term deal.
Depending on how serious it is, maybe still OK. How many years did Lamb not train because of a knee injury?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depending on how serious it is, maybe still OK. How many years did Lamb not train because of a knee injury?
there is a reason why souths arent re signing him, that is enough alarm bells

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Just passing on what I've heard and what their reasons are. I've said numerous times they should keep him and that he's their most important player.

I think Reynolds is an awkward fit with Burton as Burton does the majority of the kicking also and we likely can't afford Reynolds after potentially signing Smith and a few more forwards.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Salaries & length of deal.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I think your right & if it takes a bit more to get him to Belmore Like

No

Well mate give me your opinion? what do you think would be a good Salary and length of deal to offer Adam Reynolds?
I’m worried about anything more than 2 years given age and current injury status. $700k x 2. But it was reported in a few media outlets that Brisbane offered $2.4m for 3 years and sharks $2.45m 3 years so we would have to come in at least around that or more which I think
Is poor cap management mate. We have an out and out superstar coming next year on fairly modest coin for his abilities so I think we need to be a little more business savvy then throwing the bank at Reynolds mate.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m worried about anything more than 2 years given age and current injury status. $700k x 2. But it was reported in a few media outlets that Brisbane offered $2.4m for 3 years and sharks $2.45m 3 years so we would have to come in at least around that or more which I think
Is poor cap management mate. We have an out and out superstar coming next year on fairly modest coin for his abilities so I think we need to be a little more business savvy then throwing the bank at Reynolds mate.
I think these figures maybe a little exaggerated probably by the media or his manager to try and get him more money, but I don't doubt that he is commanding big bucks from teams that have money to spend and recognize his potential, that's why you can't compare him with with Foran, I really think Reynolds is after a three year deal and I hope that we enter the running for his services because even though we have Burton coming, I don't think he can do it all on his own in the halves and I don't think Flannigan, Lewis, Averillo or Wakem are the answer, I think Reynolds would add another dimension to our team and hopefully put us back in the winning circle or at least back to entertainment value again, his kicking game alone complemented by the speed & skills of JAC, Burton, Naden, Meaney, and Cotric will be invaluable.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think these figures maybe a little exaggerated probably by the media or his manager to try and get him more money, but I don't doubt that he is commanding big bucks from teams that have money to spend and recognize his potential, that's why you can't compare him with with Foran, I really think Reynolds is after a three year deal and I hope that we enter the running for his services because even though we have Burton coming, I don't think he can do it all on his own in the halves and I don't think Flannigan, Lewis, Averillo or Wakem are the answer, I think Reynolds would add another dimension to our team and hopefully put us back in the winning circle or at least back to entertainment value again, his kicking game alone complemented by the speed & skills of JAC, Burton, Naden, Meaney, and Cotric will be invaluable.
In 2 years time when Burton may need an upgrade and we have Reynolds on that 3 year deal soaking up $800k or even a million as you irresponsibility suggested earlier what do you do? We still need a hooker and at least one more prop. I don’t think we are in the mix and I hope it stays that way as it would be a poor use of our cap space and potentially and most likely prevent other much needed signings.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
The thing with Reynolds is at least he can grubber to the ingoal for repeat sets something our useless pricks haven"t been able to do for years
Agree.. he would control the sets and end them on high percentage plays, build pressure etc. You would not expect anything less from him, 10+ year veteran. We just wouldn't have what he needs around hiim to be a winning team and the price tag he wants we are better served addressing other gaps as priority.

If he was to come cheap like Kimmorley did for us at the end of his career then 100% would be a good buy, but he wants 4 years at 650k a year (whatever is being reported by the media) - that's just way too high a price tag and too long a deal for his age/injury history