11. Josh Jackson
  12. Rhyse Martin
  13. Adam Elliot
——

14. Danny Fualalo
15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Corey Harawira-Naera

I get the feeling Martin isn't in favour at the moment. Seeing Jackson on the left edge rather than the right was pretty much the coffin for me. I'll put him in there anyway, but I think we'll see RFM at 12 and possibly Chris Smith on the bench.

Our biggest issue is Centre and Hooker. Honestly have no confidence in Montoya at Centre and sure as hell don't have any confidence in Lichaa. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a mid-season signing for a Centre.

I like Fualao and Sue as our Prop forwards off the bench. I think Corey Harawira-Naera will have a bigger role to play as the weeks go on, but for now I couldn't give him first crack ahead of Martin, RFM or Elliot.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost the Morris boys last year which put a dent in our backline
I really thought that Nick and Christian where going to slot into our starting team
Our 1 to 5 worries me a bit
I've always been OK with Hopoate, Holland and Smith. Crichton was good in the trial (spilt kick aside), so that wing for me is less of a worry now. The other centre is my question mark , Montoya did OK so I'm prepared to give him a go in lieu of CHN who I thought might fill that spot.

With Lewis and Foran playing inside them and Smith, RFM and Jackson playing alongside, I'm not so concerned. Both sides of the field are pretty handy in attack and defence playing as a team.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How everyone has a 26 year old martin with about 10 first grade games over the new zealand backrow is puzzling to me.
I did have Martin in some time back, but not currently. Holland can kick the goals and right now there are better choices for the back row.

Go Dogs

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 Meaney 2 Chriton 3 Hoppa 4 holland 5 smith 6 Lewis 7 Foran 8 Tolman 9 Lich 10 Nappa 11 Jacko 12 RFM 13 Elliott . 14 Sue 15 CHN 16 Ogden 17 C Smith ( he can cover a number of positions in case of injury , Cant put montoya in the team ,

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How everyone has a 26 year old martin with about 10 first grade games over the new zealand backrow is puzzling to me.
NZ Backrow?

If you're referring to RFM and CHN, RFM is turning 26 this year and has only played half a game for NZ - and as far as I'm concerned Martin showed more and offers more in the 10 games he played anyway.... while CHN hasn't even played for the Kiwis as far as I'm aware and has played all of his career so far off the bench.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay interview

I think he’s going Meaney 1
Hoppa 4
Expect CHN and Jesse bench and Crichton wing

He didn’t mention Cogger so Lewis 7

He’s probably going

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. JJ
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Jesse
16. CHN
17. Fualolo

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Martin has played 14 nrl games and 8 internationals for 6 tries and 58 goals not a bad strike rate......

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay interview

Hoppa 4

He’s probably going

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. JJ
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Jesse
16. CHN
17. Fualolo
Your very close to the mark kiwi
What do you think about smith,feel like there is a spot for him
Meanie in is a good thing,throw him a bone

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team pretty much picks itself. Meaney will be fullback and Hopoate in the centre.
I feel Martin might miss out. But Holland has a high rate of goal kicks so we wont lose there.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay interview

Hoppa 4

He’s probably going

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. JJ
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Jesse
16. CHN
17. Fualolo
If Hopas not starting FB I’ll be baffled. Pay surely sees what the lay person sees?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think about smith,feel like he there is a spot for him
He doesn’t hold a candle to Hopa. I’m so confused. I know how Trump feels about his wall now. #whereisthecommonsense?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn’t hold a candle to Hopa. I’m so confused. I know how Trump feels about his wall now. #whereisthecommonsense?
The coach didn’t get him to keep the bench warm
Throw him in ,it’s a breakout year
All our great fullbacks had to start at some point
No time like the present

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coach didn’t get him to keep the bench warm
Throw him in ,it’s a breakout year
All our great fullbacks had to start at some point
No time like the present
Hopa is a waste of heavy artillery at centre. For us it’s equivalent to the Cowboys playing JT in the centres.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What do you think about smith,feel like he there is a spot for him
Chris Smith?

I watched the trial again and his first hit up a late offload to create a break
Next play Lewis turns it back in for him to settle and the play after that we run a move with Holland scoring his double

That try is not possible without the lead up work a momentum the offload created to give us front foot ball as Raiders were scrambling on D

I really like the look of his play and impact he brings off the bench and wouldn’t be mad if he jags a bench spot!!

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
{
Problem with common sense is that its not so common - LOL
Hopoate any day of the week
R Smith
Holland
Montoya - not keen but no choice
Crichton

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Hopas not starting FB I’ll be baffled. Pay surely sees what the lay person sees?
I was thinking the same thing but today I’m coming around to the fact Meaney might allow us an up tempo game plan and hopefully Hoppa improves at Centre and creates space for his winger

Maybe they interchange once we are in the opposition attacking zone

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopa is a waste of heavy artillery at centre. For us it’s equivalent to the Cowboys playing JT in the centres.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Hoppa but feel like it’s time for new blood
Nick will grow in confidence playing in the top grade
Hoppa can play wing or somewhere else,he will adapt
Nick is our future

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking Meaney at fullback because despite Hoppa struggling in defence he’s the best option we have for the centre spot in my opionion. Overall it gives us a stronger backline with Meaney and Hoppa both in it then trying to manufacture a centre out of Montoya.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NZ Backrow?

If you're referring to RFM and CHN, RFM is turning 26 this year and has only played half a game for NZ - and as far as I'm concerned Martin showed more and offers more in the 10 games he played anyway.... while CHN hasn't even played for the Kiwis as far as I'm aware and has played all of his career so far off the bench.
Really ? U reckon martin has shown u more than rfm. Why is he on such a smaller wage and no club banging down the door for him ? I think he has to show alot more yet before id pick him over our 2 kiwi boys. But we all are aloud our own opinion. And yes rfm is 26 but hes been playing top grade alot longer.