Dogs predicted R1 lineup

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats what everyone keeps guessing or thinks and wants it to be. But its not.
Napa was not our big name sighning chn was. Napa just made more headlines. Only if marley was on here to find out for me. Would u sign for 4 years when your 23 just breaking onto rep scene for 4 years of your prime for a wingers wage. Come on people wake up. Im sure it was 2.6 million or .8 chn is on 700 or close to it. Are u all that stupid that u cant see martin was never and never will be part of the plan. Can u not see that. The club has made it obvoius. Rfm, chn, jacko is our backrow for many years to come. Didnt any of u take notice when we sighned him. I dont believe news papers. But that is what was reported kiwi dog. Martin is surplus when they sighned corey and 350 to 400 is elliot money. Come on people out salary cap will be under 5 million next week lol hahaha.
Don't be rediculous. CHN is no where near $700k. Our buys are all budget buys. We were in no position to offer anyone more than they are worth nor will we be paying any overs in the future.
Our buys were based on opportunities to play first grade and/or be a starting player. CHN was squeezed out due to salary cap pressure out Penrith way and he wanted a starting spot. The opportunity was better at the dogs.
Same with Napa, unwanted at the roosters and he has a chance to be a leader and he gets to start matches. Don't forget these two players left mid contract and I wouldn't be surprised if their old clubs are paying part of their contract money. Which probably offsets the money we are paying players to play at other clubs which puts us on an even playing field to make some great purchases for 2020 and beyond. I think the current administration and board have really thought this through and put us in a good position moving forward.

I know for a fact we made enquiries about a lot of players but couldn't land the deals because our club didn't want to pay any player more than they are worth and some players just saw better opportunites not to come.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible On the subject, why was the Rhyse Martin release thread closed. I didnt see anything conclusive one way or another - Did I miss something?
@TABOO

If its the one in the rumour subforum, it was based on a rumour started by a social media page which since removed their post, hence absolutely nothing to it.

If it's not that one I am not sure what thread you are referring to... maybe another mod merged it or something.

Wheres marley god help us.
On holiday for a while yet. Back after the season starts.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate u dont control what i want to discuss and try and find out. Plenty of people are replying and no one knows either, to me what they are paying him and the results we get is a interesting thing to me. More so than just trolling other peoples comments. But your howard moonmoon, looook at me, look at me,
look at me look at me says the guy making shit up

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually Howard i was discussing fuck all with u lol. U can move on but i find u have nothing to say. I find how our new board is spending the salary cap compared to the old one very interesting after the hell we are going through for it. Not interested u soccer fans can go back to watching that, and commenting on threads about a bloke wanking himself. I sore u howard u loved that thread. Big papi for u lol
next one is a water :|

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody knows how our cap is spent. These days the club is very tight lipped (unlike times of days gone by) where everything was as leaky as an anus after a night on the curries and beers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody knows how our cap is spent. These days the club is very tight lipped (unlike times of days gone by) where everything was as leaky as an anus after a night on the curries and beers.
The leak usually comes from the player's agent, they can't help themselves, they like to brag about how much money they got for their client. That's why it's often somewhat inflated, just so they can big note themselves. Then further pumped up by journalists who want nothing less than a sensational story with $big.

Go Dogs

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will comment very carefully......

I have seen many an actual signed contract from various players of various teams over the years. (Please don't ask me how because i am bound by the Privacy Act.)

Suffice to say - rumors are just that..... Rumors.
I can tell you that players agent sometimes "leak" a figure to media or equivalent outlet to try to get an upper hand in the bargaining/negotiating table. After all, as i was told by one a few years ago:
"my job is to get the best for him, because that means more money for me".

That's all i am at liberty to divulge.