Dogs keen to snap up Jennings mid-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to have Jennings at the club. But I doubt he would have any passion for our jersey, just another mercenary.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to have Jennings at the club. But I doubt he would have any passion for our jersey, just another mercenary.
Passion for the jersey doesn't exist anymore. As soon as they can get more money they are gone

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Passion for the jersey doesn't exist anymore. As soon as they can get more money they are gone
I understand what your saying, passion for the jersey is hard to find these days, but in saying that I think these young men look at it as setting up their future, because lets be honest a lot of them don't have much to fall back on once they retire. In reality if you were headhunted by a company offering you a lot more money wouldn't you take it...or at least think long and hard about how it would help you and your family.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. But I'd like to think a player like Reynolds would choose our club over a ridiculous contract.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would be good to see the Jenning's & Pritchard combination Penrith had going a few years back, but i would play him right centre, if he comes at all.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of you guys are saying he is very inconsistant (which i tend to agree)... But remember Pritchard when he was at Penrith, he was the same. Look at him now!

I think if we do get him Des will have him performing well consistantly..

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Reynolds is his pet hate. I think The Kennel's refusal to see his flaws simply because he's "passionate" and a local junior is more the pet hate.
his passion, the fact that he's the only player who creates anything along with Barba,puts Ennis in the shade whenever he gets into dummy half,bleeds blue and white,is being talked about for SOO utility,tries his guts out and defends his teammates.

o yeah and the fact that he CREATES everything we do - yeah I see your point

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
his passion, the fact that he's the only player who creates anything along with Barba,puts Ennis in the shade whenever he gets into dummy half,bleeds blue and white,is being talked about for SOO utility,tries his guts out and defends his teammates.

I was with you up until creates everything we do.. he doesnt create **** for anyone other than himself, but he is still learning.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I was with you up until creates everything we do.. he doesnt create **** for anyone other than himself, but he is still learning.
fair point I guess but still remains - if you take him and Barba away we have nothing.My point was that he's a lot more than just passion or just being a junior

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Oh please god, make this happen! I'm not holding my breath though.

I think our salary cap position would allow us to purchase both Jennings, and Tony Williams with so many players of contract. Also, the fish and chips money our halves are on, also helps. Our highest paid is Hodko, and at $270k per season, it's peanuts compared to what most others pay their halves.

A few things the club is obviously taking into consideration is that Reynolds will need to be upgraded soon, and big Sam Kas's asking price has no doubt multiplied by around 3 or 4 since the beginning of the season.
Yes, I also would like to see Jennings come over. Des will make a champion out of him. He will make a nice combination with Inu.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
alot of people are saying that he has signed with us already? dnt no how true this is. prob all BS

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kasiona has a better kicking game

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Stopping and fast forwarding to his touch per 6 sets. I see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.