Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Teams will pay top dollar for him if he becomes available. As others have said, Penrith would be in the box seat after losing JFH.

Every time we're linked to a player early on, there's rarely any truth to it or they end up somewhere else. So I'm not getting my hopes up even though he's a good young prop.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 2 SOO games clause.....is this the reason he was picked in the first place?

Dont get me wrong, i think making the team improved him as a player and he's well in the mix to make it again. Im just wondering where that kind of incentive clause came from....

Is the $50k bonus per SOO game the final 100k that keeps him at the Tigers?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he’s available he’d be stupid not to go to the panthers, best chance he has at winning a GF and that will only bump up his worth.

Once he’s done with them he will sign elsewhere and get more.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This 2 SOO games clause.....is this the reason he was picked in the first place?

Dont get me wrong, i think making the team improved him as a player and he's well in the mix to make it again. Im just wondering where that kind of incentive clause came from....

Is the $50k bonus per SOO game the final 100k that keeps him at the Tigers?
My understanding is the Tigers were understandably concerned about the not making the 8 escape clause triggering his release even if Utoikamanu himself was playing very well. So they inserted the SOO clause, they wanted 1 x SOO game and his manager insisted on 2.

Always a Bulldog

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Us and Storm can show all the interest they want but of course he would go to Penrith. He would be stupid not to.
Depends if he can get $850+ elsewhere and only $450k at panthers. Youd love success but you arent in the game long enough to pass up big money. Look at Luai.

Wouldnt it be funny if Tigers miss the 8 and it comes down to Madge either selecting him in the last 2 games to trigger his clause haha. Would be the best if game 3 if he gets selected it retriggers his contract but madge drops him to screw the tigpees over :p

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Assuming Gus is interested, his pitch will be the Bulldogs are on the up and a better chance of winning premierships over the next few years than Penrith, who have peaked.
Otherwise he will be asking a premium to join Bulldogs and Gus will not pay overs.
We have plenty of front row talent coming through.
More than most other clubs.
Gus will need to keep salary cap space available to sign the club's emerging talent who are already on the radar of other clubs.
That's his actual problem.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Assuming Gus is interested, his pitch will be the Bulldogs are on the up and a better chance of winning premierships over the next few years than Penrith, who have peaked.
Otherwise he will be asking a premium to join Bulldogs and Gus will not pay overs.
We have plenty of front row talent coming through.
More than most other clubs.
Gus will need to keep salary cap space available to sign the club's emerging talent who are already on the radar of other clubs.
That's his actual problem.
Youd love a Haas, AFB, JFH or a Utoikamanu, but like you said we cant pay 1.3 million for one of them. Especially with no top 5 fullback, halfback or 5/8 in the squad. Cap is all a balancing act. Its what castle struggled with the most, she just couldnt get her head around it. But I have faith in the powers that be. We are coming from the bottom so doubt we can regress any more, just longer.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Youd love a Haas, AFB, JFH or a Utoikamanu, but like you said we cant pay 1.3 million for one of them. Especially with no top 5 fullback, halfback or 5/8 in the squad. Cap is all a balancing act. Its what castle struggled with the most, she just couldnt get her head around it. But I have faith in the powers that be. We are coming from the bottom so doubt we can regress any more, just longer.
Castle struggled with Cap lol

She struggled in sport look at the fat **** wouldn’t have played anything in her life it’s why she fucked Netball, bulldogs and sank the wallabies. Biggest fucking myth in administration

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't the tigers prop comes to us.
Is there a prop from the sharks coming to the dogs that might be released to fit in Fanua Blake?

Reactions: ATT

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Penrith will be rebuilding shortly. Too many leaving with experience.
Hate to say it, but they got a good thing goin out at the Riff. I gotta give these pussy cat fucks credit. They have lost a tone of players and still every year and bunch of competitive assholes. Decent list of players

Stephen Crichton
Paul Momirovski
Matt Burton
Apisai Koroisau
Kurt Capewell
Spencer Leniu
Charlie Staines
Viliame Kikau
Jaeman Salmon
Jack Cogger
J'maine Hopgood
James Tamou
Zane Tetevano
Zack Hosking

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but they got a good thing goin out at the Riff. I gotta give these pussy cat fucks credit. They have lost a tone of players and still every year and bunch of competitive assholes. Decent list of players

Stephen Crichton
Paul Momirovski
Matt Burton
Apisai Koroisau
Kurt Capewell
Spencer Leniu
Charlie Staines
Viliame Kikau
Jaeman Salmon
Jack Cogger
J'maine Hopgood
James Tamou
Zane Tetevano
Zack Hosking
Even Tyrone May...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Stephen Crichton
Paul Momirovski
Matt Burton
Apisai Koroisau
Kurt Capewell
Spencer Leniu
Charlie Staines
Viliame Kikau
Jaeman Salmon
Jack Cogger
J'maine Hopgood
James Tamou
Zane Tetevano
Zack Hosking
That team would push a few teams for a top 8 finish. Epsecially with a firing Korisau. To be fair very few have left and kicked on to a greater height though. We are only seeing the best of Kiks the last few games. Capewell, Staines, Burton never stood up once out of the system.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That team would push a few teams for a top 8 finish. Epsecially with a firing Korisau. To be fair very few have left and kicked on to a greater height though. We are only seeing the best of Kiks the last few games. Capewell, Staines, Burton never stood up once out of the system.
burton made the nsw and kangroos teams and didnt stand up?