Dogs Eye Matt King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really want Matt Knig that much.

He was made to look better than he was in a very successful Melbourne team and was always overrated. Warrington are finding out the hard way that sometimes a player looks better than he is because he plays in a very successful team. The same can't be said for Inglis, Slater, Smith, Cronk and so on, but I think it can be said for King.

He isn't that good. It was the same for Jake Webster when he left. He was the best player ever when he played for the Storm, then when he signed for the Titans he wa shocking and now he plays for Hull KR and he doesn't even do that well.

I don't want Matt King to be honest. He is good in the air and a solid defender and yes, he is much better than pretty much every other option we have at the moment, but I don't want to see us pay about 250-300k for an overrated centre who is just coming back from being very out of form in England.

If he is anything like our last Warrington purchase in terms of form (Sully) then no thanks!
Argghh! Get out of my head!! :o

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the head in his avatar pic says it all tbh :o
look at it and you will see.. first thing that comes to mind.. "up himself"

feel free to add to the list :p
i agree, he looks so uphimself....plus look at that ridicolous goatee his sporting

...... how embarrasing :p

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Patten
2. Utai
3. Morris
4. King
5. Goodwin

M

mofo sixx

He'd be the marquee player in the team if he was here atm.
LOL , Mick cronin would be our marquee player if he signed with us @ the moment

Matt King would be our marquee player for 2009 imo!

Nick ''Top Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
after tonights performance we need to throw money at king or boyd or at least get one of them.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
I'd like to see us sign both King and Boyd. Makes 09 look so much more promising with our current signings!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see how anyone would criticise us possibly getting King. Have you not seen us play ? Some of you really don't have a clue at all. You are probably the same people who complained when we signed someone like Noddy not understand his role in the running of a team and how badly our team has been run by the halves.

He is a very good player. He hasn't been carving them up over in the UK but that could be for any number of reasons.

What we do know is when he played here he was an Origin & Australian rep and won a NRL Title. He has speed (not the quickest) but his defense is very sound and he is good in the air and has some height which is something we are lacking.

Boyd is as good as gone to the Dragons. Like I mentioned before the Dragons accidentally released a press statement announcing the signing of Boyd before realising what they had done. They took it back and announced they had signed Neville Costigan.

Make of that what you will but some of you stop having your personal dislike of a player as reason enough not to sign him. A lot of people did that with Noddy and look how he has gone this year ? All of the players we have signed for next year have really stood up and I for one and farkin stoked with the signings.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will cream my jeans if we sign matty king
same here my brother

i will be having wet dreams for weeks on end

i will be popping random erections whenever i remember his name

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
but when utai does play he proves why we need him. He runs hard, decently fast and sometimes pulls off a crucial one on one tackle. Priceless
i agree he runs hard but he cant jump,cant catch,cant defend,gets caught out of postion,misreads the play and comes in too early and he's guaranteed to let in a couple of tries a game.the guy is a turnstyle like haz...now thats priceless....
sign king now...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
i agree he runs hard but he cant jump,cant catch,cant defend,gets caught out of postion,misreads the play and comes in too early and he's guaranteed to let in a couple of tries a game.the guy is a turnstyle like haz...now thats priceless....
sign king now...
Most of tonights tries were up the centre (thanks forwards) or El Masri's wing (thanks Haz).

Utai is a solid player, and when hes in form hes near unstoppable.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Malla has the inside goss. 99% sure Kingy is a done deal.

Disclaimer: I take no responbility for incorrect or misleading information supplied. Malla has accepted full responsbility for the information provided. If deemed untrue, he has permitted us to burn effegies of him shouting Allah Akbhar.

Status
Not open for further replies.