News Dogs Chasing Staggs

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The shelves are empty in the hooker market... must be a covid thing!
Clubs have realised anyone aspires to win a Premiership needs a good hooker... you can’t win one with JMK. To be fair to JMK, it’s not his preferred position.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clubs have realised anyone aspires to win a Premiership needs a good hooker... you can’t win one with JMK. To be fair to JMK, it’s not his preferred position.
I’ll be interested to see how he goes this year

Malla

Reaction score
I don’t think we are chasing Staggs
I think his manager has prob made enquires to push his price up
Wouldn’t mind the other centre they have Farnworth

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we are chasing Staggs
I think his manager has prob made enquires to push his price up
Wouldn’t mind the other centre they have Farnworth
Pretty solid young player, would likely sign for a fraction of the $$ Staggs is being shopped around at & probaly worth it if he was available. Not needed by us until 22 at the earliest tho(unless we can offload Hoppa)....other more pressing needs!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because we may be forced to play Avo at centre, and also have Alomoti and Schoup coming through.
Its because we don't need him, not because he isn't any good. We need strike in other areas. We need a hooker and a dynamic wrecking ball prop.
Avo is not a centre and unless a miracle happens I don't think Penrith will let Burton go until 22. Its a good year for Jake to establish himself as a regular 1st grader in the 6. Both he and Burton are 20 so there is plenty of growing and learning still to do but if Avo has a huge year at 6 that's a headache for 22 but a good one to have.

Victor Radley and Cam Murray are both 6 foot + and 90 odd kilos and both go great at lock and with the new rules will probably go even better with the game getting faster. Between Avo and Burton I would say that Burton looks to be a little harder/tougher and could morph into a fantastic lock.

1. C. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Scoup/Alomoti/Staggs
4. Cotric
5.Addo-Carr
6. Avo
7. Flange
13. Burton

Doesn't look to bad to me..

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Avo is not a centre and unless a miracle happens I don't think Penrith will let Burton go until 22. Its a good year for Jake to establish himself as a regular 1st grader in the 6. Both he and Burton are 20 so there is plenty of growing and learning still to do but if Avo has a huge year at 6 that's a headache for 22 but a good one to have.

Victor Radley and Cam Murray are both 6 foot + and 90 odd kilos and both go great at lock and with the new rules will probably go even better with the game getting faster. Between Avo and Burton I would say that Burton looks to be a little harder/tougher and could morph into a fantastic lock.

1. C. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Scoup/Alomoti/Staggs
4. Cotric
5.Addo-Carr
6. Avo
7. Flange
8. Burton

Burton Prop? Are you fucking high?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton Prop? Are you fucking high?
I played when 8 was a lock.. Stupid typo on my part.. Now edited, you could have read the rest of the post where I said lock but that would have been to easy eh?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. C. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Scoup/Alomoti/Staggs
4. Cotric
5.Addo-Carr
6. Avo
7. Flange
13. Burton

I agree!
It gets hard though when prices are put on positions.. I dont know for certain but suspect a good 6 would earn more than a good lock.
This would give Burton less reason to want to swap, particularly when he would have his manager pushing for him to play 6 thus ensuring him a bigger earn off Burton.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. C. Allen
2. DWZ
3. Scoup/Alomoti/Staggs
4. Cotric
5.Addo-Carr
6. Avo
7. Flange
13. Burton

I wouldn't mind Burton at lock in a attacking sense but the extra defensive work load will defiantly blunt his attacking game and if he doesn't make those tackles someone else in the pack will and it fatigue whoever makes them faster. Then there's the added issue of what you do with Elliott or Jackson.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I played when 8 was a lock.. Stupid typo on my part.. Now edited, you could have read the rest of the post where I said lock but that would have been to easy eh?
Are you 100?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree!
It gets hard though when prices are put on positions.. I dont know for certain but suspect a good 6 would earn more than a good lock.
This would give Burton less reason to want to swap, particularly when he would have his manager pushing for him to play 6 thus ensuring him a bigger earn off Burton.
Yeah the best 6 is probably going to earn more than the best 13. Do be honest I think Burton will own the 6 so its going to be tough for Avo.