News Dogs Chasing Staggs

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone that says katoni staggs isn't worth 800k put down ya glass barbie, the blokes worth every cent! He's a damaging runner and rock solid in defence! Also Averillo is a fullback period! Have a look at his games in the juniors, he plays fullback! With that in mind backline for 2022 is
1. J Averillo
2. JAC
3. N Couric
4. K staggs
5. C Allen
6. M Burton
7. K Flanagan
That's a beautiful looking backline. Class all over. Don't know about Couric though. Will Cotric do instead?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our priorities are hooker and Prop
We will not go into a bidding war for Staggs. ..we have DWZ on big coin.
I can picture this squad for 2022
1 Averillo................Meaney
2 JAC........................
3 Cotric...................Schoupp
4 Allen.....................Alamoti..........Hopoate or Staggs on a reasonable contract
5 DWZ.....................Okunbor
6 Burton..................
7 Flanagan..............Wakeham
8 Thompson...........Atoni............New prop
9 B.Smith.................Katoa / JMK
10 Hetherington.....Ogden
11 Elliott.....................Stimson.........Roumanos
12 RFM........................Waddell.........
13 Jackson.................Doorey..........Smith
In the meantime we should be concentrating on 2021 !!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great ball runner, probably the best in the game. He does have rubbish defence and jersey grabs quite often. Not worth the marquee money, would rather spend big coin on a top tier prop like JFH

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People complain we need quality game breaking, x-factor players and then bag this bloke out before becoming salary cap experts. Tough crowd
Ideally we should try to follow the Melbourne model. Quality and vision from the 1, 6, 7 and 9 allows you to get away with moderate quality in plenty of other positions. We need to be recruiting well in the lower grades at the same time to make it work while also hoping that Burton and Flanagan produce the opportunities and organise the side well. Penrith largely replicated that model this year and were pretty strong.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched this guy like a hawk due to supercoach the kids a beast, Defense is pretty solid dont know what afew on here are on about just check the stats, In saying that dont think he ends up becoming a bulldog brisbane will throw the money at him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ideally we should try to follow the Melbourne model. Quality and vision from the 1, 6, 7 and 9 allows you to get away with moderate quality in plenty of other positions. We need to be recruiting well in the lower grades at the same time to make it work while also hoping that Burton and Flanagan produce the opportunities and organise the side well. Penrith largely replicated that model this year and were pretty strong.
Don't see it as bagging out Staggs, more genuine concern that there are more pressing positions to fill and that we've already strengthened our backline significantly. In saying that, if the club decide to bring him in I won't be crying :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree to a point but wouldn’t say JAC, Vunivalu, the Bromwich’s, Nelson etc are moderate quality. Melbourne have very few weak positions and almost all of their players would get a start in our squad. They have game breakers all over the park. We don’t. They’ve also been blessed with the best hooker ever, best fullback ever, Cronk etc. I’d love to be in their position

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we are only getting mentioned to bump his price. Staggs is a great player but not that great to deserve near spine money. I’d much rather run with what we have in the backline and put some faith in Schoupp and Alamoti developing into first graders.
We, as a club, need to start shifting our focus back towards our forwards. We need somemore strike forwards more then we need another back. With Alomoti and schoup coming through in the next few years, and Doorey and Topine progressing nicely, we are in a good place moving forward, but we still need some more quality forwards and a hooker.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t want clearly one of the best young centres in the game.. why? You don’t like the name Katoni?
Because we may be forced to play Avo at centre, and also have Alomoti and Schoup coming through.
Its because we don't need him, not because he isn't any good. We need strike in other areas. We need a hooker and a dynamic wrecking ball prop.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
All of a sudden the Titans have unlimited cap space
Madone. I thought I was the only one who noticed. Fuckin Fafita, Uncle Tino, Mr Ese Ese, Herbert. And now maybe B Smith and fuckin Staggs. These **** hairs are getting players at will.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We, as a club, need to start shifting our focus back towards our forwards. We need somemore strike forwards more then we need another back. With Alomoti and schoup coming through in the next few years, and Doorey and Topine progressing nicely, we are in a good place moving forward, but we still need some more quality forwards and a hooker.
Could not agree more. With Averillo, Schoupp and Alamoti we would be very unlucky if one of those three don't go onto to be a very good NRL centre. Hooker is the top priority without a doubt we just have to get something done there and I think this year will tell us where our forward stocks are at.

Atoni, Ogden, Ramounos, C Smith and Britt are all in a sink or swim situation. Atoni is the only one that I think will progress but there might be a surprise. As you said Doorey and Topine are moving along nicely but I wouldn't be against getting another big tackle breaking second rower if one is available. The majority of recruitment for 22 should be focused on hooker and the pack you would think now the backline is more then capable.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He was outstanding in a wooden spoon team...can lose he’s cool at times though. But Tbaz has said he’s looking for the right character for the team not just talent...so he’s definitely not a shoe in

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pass for now,TBAZ can have the pick of the league in a year or two once we are at the top again..!!