Dogs Block Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

It shows he has a **** attitude because he wants to leave only after 4 rounds. Keating has in no way sealed the five-eighth position. if Roberts worked his arse off and played well in reserve grade he might have a chance. To give up at this stage of the season is just stupid.
What we've seen so far shows that he won't be re-signed.
Admittedly, he'd be better off waiting a few rounds, but really, actually seeking a release isn't a sht attitude

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
How is that a sht attitude tho? He wants a release to play first grade. ITs obvious that he is FG quality and if the titans and sharks want to sign him before season's end, he should take the deal. I know Id prefer to play first grade for the titans than 'help' the bulldogs by playing nsw cup if i were him
Wanting to go to a weaker club where you will be assured a spot without competition is not only a sh!t attitude but shows you are a pu55y too

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
What we've seen so far shows that he won't be re-signed.
Admittedly, he'd be better off waiting a few rounds, but really, actually seeking a release isn't a sht attitude
Is that you Ben? Sorry buddy but it is a sh!t attitude

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The original post i.e. the first post on the first page which details him seeking a release but being refused by the Bulldogs.
Okay, I read the OP, I still don't see it saying anywhere that he or anyone else requested a release. It says the Bulldogs said he wouldn't be given a release which is likely directed more to the clubs that have been making enquiries into if they can sign him for this season.

I saw the Telecrap went with, no release was requested, but the Bulldogs made it clear none would be given.

Either you've seen an article that I haven't that backs your claim that Roberts has a poor attitude, or you have poor comprehension skills because there is nothing in either of those two sources that quotes Roberts or his representatives at all (or any quotes from anyone at all actually).

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts has been a pillar of consistency over the years of being paid as a top grade professional. The club owes him big time. They should of released him to weaken our depth and strengthen a competitor, that would be a fair way to repay his consistent and drama free service of the last 5 years.

And I am truly Kevin Moore.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Because that's the only season he was playing outside an established NRL halfback
no offence but if a 5/8 needs to depend on a halfback to play well then what does it really say? The normal 5/8s depend on the halfback. The better 5/8s dont need that

P

Paint.

no offence but if a 5/8 needs to depends on a halfback to play well then what does it really say?
no offence? lol what for?
and tbh my point was that before that the pressure was all on roberts to control the team, he was the dominant half, whereas when noddy came in, alot of pressure was taken off and he took control, so Roberts was given free roam to play his natural game

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
no offence to roberts lol :p

but thats exactly it, he needs a structured game to play well, while others like say soward can still run the game from 5/8 with a normal halfback for eg. You look at other teams even like say the raiders, campese has had a dud of a halfback most of the time.

Roberts needs to take that up and use the pressure to his advantage. Sure its nice to have a halfback who is competent but at the same time he needs to be able to play that role even if we dont have one if you know what i mean.

P

Paint.

but thats exactly it, he needs a structured game to play well, while others like say soward can still run the game from 5/8 with a normal halfback for eg. You look at other teams even like say the raiders, campese has had a dud of a halfback most of the time.

Roberts needs to take that up and use the pressure to his advantage. Sure its nice to have a halfback who is competent but at the same time he needs to be able to play that role even if we dont have one if you know what i mean.
true lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no offence but if a 5/8 needs to depend on a halfback to play well then what does it really say? The normal 5/8s depend on the halfback. The better 5/8s dont need that
its not so much as working aside a decent halfback as it is working with a reserve grade side

darren lockyer would suck if he played with our 2008 side

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Roberts has been a pillar of consistency over the years of being paid as a top grade professional. The club owes him big time. They should of released him to weaken our depth and strengthen a competitor, that would be a fair way to repay his consistent and drama free service of the last 5 years.

And I am truly Kevin Moore.
I reckon what Roberts should have done is left overnight for the gold coast, breaking contract and then just start playing for them as if nothing happened, then would he earn the respect of the tadpole?

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we finally have decent depth in the halves and Roberts wants out? Disappointing if true.

Roberts needs to play his ass off and force his way back into the 17.

The fact that Barba is going well at the back and Reynolds is injured mean that Roberts is next in line - there is every possibility that he could still play 20+ games in the top grade this year.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So we finally have decent depth in the halves and Roberts wants out? Disappointing if true.

Roberts needs to play his ass off and force his way back into the 17.

The fact that Barba is going well at the back and Reynolds is injured mean that Roberts is next in line - there is every possibility that he could still play 20+ games in the top grade this year.
I think he has been out of favour with kevie moore for a long time now.
I think Roberts days in a NRL Bulldogs jersey are over unless Keating is injured.

I say Robersts is G/Coast Bound for next year.
Roberts and Prince would be leathal

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is we have released players during the season in the past only to suffer injuries and struggle to cover.

Winning a comp is influneced by injuries and the depth available - especially in the halves and the front row.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score

You're giving Hornby NO credit here

If you wanna talk about a structured halfback .... Hornby is that !!!

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I've never done this hear say nonsense before BUT Roberts comes into my mates restuarant all the time and he hasn't touched a drink in over a year. He has made great improvements on and off the field (he wouldn't be at the club if he hadn't or had an attitude)

Thats not the case, the guy simply wants to play FG which is fair IMO
how bad can the drink menu be???? lol

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Roberts, you stink and we have no room for you beyond this year. Honour your contract like a man, not a sook.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
how bad can the drink menu be???? lol
VB in a can only .... I contemplate my piss as a worthy replacement lol :p

I cant believe i made that post i NEVER make hear say posts but i know Roberts has made a massive effort to improve and credit to him ... I just wish he could be utilised some how

Status
Not open for further replies.