No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. I'd rather panther win 3 in a row, compared to Broncos winning because they stole Hunt off a bottom 3 team
You add Hunr to that team then their actual value is way over the cap. It’s fkn unfair to have an international come into your team late and you only have to pay a fraction of an annual value

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You add Hunr to that team then their actual value is way over the cap. It’s fkn unfair to have an international come into your team late and you only have to pay a fraction of an annual value
It can’t be allowed that he breaks a contract or a mil+ for Fucking 200k.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol

I wasn't expecting to be doing so well.

At least we are a chance.
Did you hear Ben hunt changed his mind. Realised he ain’t winning shit at ponies after losing to tits… even we beat them!

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly us dogs fans give up his going to qld thats it fuck him move on finish last this year and hope for a better 2024 he was never coming

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might not have been a local junior but he was definitely in our junior teams for a while..

I couldn't copy the link to the tweet but this is from the Bulldogs twitter in 2018..

Congratulations to Frank Kuresa, Ryan Garner & Toby Sexton who have been named in QLD's emerging Origin squads
Hmm weird man. I looked at maybe 10-15 team lists from games of sg ball and flegg between 2016 and 2020 and didn’t see his name mentioned once. I don’t know any other way to find junior players from years ago, unless they’re mentioned in an article. But even then it would probably have to be in the title for google to find it.

Not doubting you or saying it’s BS. I just like to reseach little known things like this. Fortunately, nswrl.com.au has some teams going back to 2015 or 14.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been like this for the broncos for about 30 years tbf

no other bottom 8 clubs have recruited well recently
They only got Walsh back after letting him go to the Warriors, and if they get Hunt it’s because he wants to be back in Brisbane and he’s a former Bronco. That leaves Reynolds, who we probably didn’t even want. Afawk Gus didn’t want to get a few years out of an old half like him. Iirc we pursued SJ though… again though he chose to go back home, so what can you do?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might not have been a local junior but he was definitely in our junior teams for a while..

I couldn't copy the link to the tweet but this is from the Bulldogs twitter in 2018..

Congratulations to Frank Kuresa, Ryan Garner & Toby Sexton who have been named in QLD's emerging Origin squads

And

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hmm weird man. I looked at maybe 10-15 team lists from games of sg ball and flegg between 2016 and 2020 and didn’t see his name mentioned once. I don’t know any other way to find junior players from years ago, unless they’re mentioned in an article. But even then it would probably have to be in the title for google to find it.

Not doubting you or saying it’s BS. I just like to reseach little known things like this. Fortunately, nswrl.com.au has some teams going back to 2015 or 14.
I couldn't find much either but found this story from the Kennel in 2021..

NRL 2021: Gold Coast Titans hoping to cash in on Bulldogs’ bungle with Toby Sexton.

An administrative bungle by the Bulldogs opened the door for highly-touted rookie Toby Sexton to return to the Gold Coast and now he wants to help the Titans become a premiership force.

Sexton was part of an elite group of Queensland schoolboys stars that graduated in 2019 comprising the likes of Warriors whiz Reece Walsh, Roosters dynamo Sam Walker and Maroons jet Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

He was overlooked by Titans scouts in his early high school years and instead inked a four-year development deal with the Bulldogs.

Sexton could have still been in Bulldogs colours if not for a sliding doors moment that delivered him to the Titans.

“He had an option in the contract for the fourth year but due to a change of staff at the Bulldogs they missed the deadline,” Bartlett said.

“Everyone watching the game that year realised he was going to be in the Queensland halves along with Sam Walker and a massive chance to make the Australian side.

“The Bulldogs wanted to take up the option but they missed the deadline. The Sharks flew him down to Cronulla and it looked like he would go there.

“I rang Mal Meninga (Titans culture chief) and Ezra Howe (Titans recruitment manager) and asked them if they wanted to sign the Australian Schoolboys halfback from Palm Beach Currumbin who is a great person and ticked all the boxes. It was a rare opportunity for the Titans.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it was a situation like we have this season with some Queensland based players only playing a few games here and there. It’s logical as they wouldn’t want to take them so far away from home if they’re only on a development contract.