No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You’re correct .. there is no room for him in the backline … that’s not where we would have needed him ..

If we don’t land Hunt or a marque 7 .. our best chance of playing finals in 2024 was to bolster our forward pack and run with Mahoney 9, Averillo 6, Burton 7, and Crichton 1, …

That would of been our most experienced spine ..

So let’s hope we land a 7 and some powerful forwards now .. because if we don’t we’ve weakened ourselves again ..
Mate, can't see us landing a marque signing.

Wish, we got some tough forwards and X factor players.

No chance of us playing finals in 2024,
unfortunately.

Gus and Ciro have a plan, we are in the mines for a few years, unfortunately.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

unfortunately.

Yep, I fear you’re right mate ..

I don’t even care if they’re not marque forwards .. just give us plenty of tough hard workers that can go straight and hard for a good 50 minutes .. if we’re going hard and forwards, a lot of other things will click into place for us .. would just be nice to be competitive every game and stay in the contest ..

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, I fear you’re right mate ..

I don’t even care if they’re not marque forwards .. just give us plenty of tough hard workers that can go straight and hard for a good 50 minutes .. if we’re going hard and forwards, a lot of other things will click into place for us .. would just be nice to be competitive every game and stay in the contest ..
We used to be known for being a tough team, regardless of low skill level. Fitness and run hard, kill, kill, kill, KILL!

The game has changed but I'd wish to have the toughness in our DNA back. Getting or developing players will happen in time, if that is the way the club goes?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to be known for being a tough team, regardless of low skill level. Fitness and run hard, kill, kill, kill, KILL!

The game has changed but I'd wish to have the toughness in our DNA back. Getting or developing players will happen in time, if that is the way the club goes?
Exactly right mate .. watching the Sharks kick our ass last game reminded me of how we used to play, tough relentless good hard footy like that .. they’ve become us and we’re now the perennial losers they used to be ..

If you watched how Gus rebuilt the Panthers, their success didn’t come from what he rebuilt in 1st grade … it came from what he built underneath 1st grade …. It was all the juniors that came through years later that won them their B2B premierships … Gould knows what he’s doing .. it unfortunately just requires a lot of patience ..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As for Mike's brother why even think he will get a release from the Dragons sounds like there might be a real dig in by the Queens and Flanajuicer.... that's hurdle A.
And B I honestly cgaf ...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Papalii's fallen down the pecking order, Wilson prioritised over him now (but can also play other positions).
2nd in the batting order after Critta I agree..I just hope we can keep Wilson keen e.g Ala out, Kiraz to centre and Willo onto the vacant wing.
Papa will have to bide his time(or excel bigtime).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time for Gus to suss out his mate Uncle Nick to see if Sam Walker is available

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re correct .. there is no room for him in the backline … that’s not where we would have needed him ..

If we don’t land Hunt or a marque 7 .. our best chance of playing finals in 2024 was to bolster our forward pack and run with Mahoney 9, Averillo 6, Burton 7, and Crichton 1, …

That would of been our most experienced spine ..

So let’s hope we land a 7 and some powerful forwards now .. because if we don’t we’ve weakened ourselves again ..
Yes, this is my whole point.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

unfortunately.

This is what upsets me about our club.
We use to be a club that would bounce back in 2 or 3 years at most from missing finals.

Somehow now, we need 5 and 10 year plans.
That's nothing to crow about.

I'm sure if you keep rolling the dice you'll eventually get a 6 too, but that is not what made me proud of supporting this team.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunt wants back in Queensland, Titans will get him !

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really hope they don't ... Des doesn't deserve to have a good side fall in his lap again.
Trouble is, like or hate him he has a very strong winning percentage a couple of premierships and 4 GF'S as a coach. The Tits need success now and not in 7-10 years as the club has never really owned the Gold Coast and it has to win if it wants to survive. As long as they keep him the fuck away from pathways and juniors it could be a great move by them.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it. Can't say that I'm not disappointed in this ....

It's a worry going forward as it's clearly a position where we've got a distinct lack of talent.
The problem Gus and later CC couldn't figure out where to successfully play him, by the time he did establish himself as a centre we had already over spent there, I don't think anyone anticipated the reported $600k offer, making it harder to retaining him and establish a balanced roster.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem Gus and later CC couldn't figure out where to successfully play him, by the time he did establish himself as a centre we had already over spent there, I don't think anyone anticipated the reported $600k offer, making it harder to retaining him and establish a balanced roster.
Is 600k reported or made up, if reported please link. Also we aren't stacked in the centres next year, Critta almost certainly playing fullback on his reported 825k and Xerri most likely going to be a little off the pace.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is 600k reported or made up, if reported please link. Also we aren't stacked in the centres next year, Critta almost certainly playing fullback on his reported 825k and Xerri most likely going to be a little off the pace.
I'm only repeating the figure that was reported and that is $600k a season for 3 seasons, Bulldogs offered $400k a season for 2 seasons plus 1 season in favour of the club, all the figures are speculations,
No club will release the actual figures !

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm only repeating the figure that was reported and that is $600k a season for 3 seasons, Bulldogs offered $400k a season for 2 seasons plus 1 season in favour of the club, all the figures are speculations,
No club will release the actual figures !
Those figures aren’t too far off. Heard from a relative it is 450k a year at the dolphins (not sure about TPA’s). He was already on around 400k but Gus basically told him we’re overpaying you. The dogs offer was less than or largely similar to his previous contract which is essentially saying we’re happy to lose you. Brought a new expensive place near the water in Redcliffe, lucky lad.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we get him simply for the meltdown it will cause Titans, Dolphins and Broncos fans. I reckon it’s long odds though.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those figures aren’t too far off. Heard from a relative it is 450k a year at the dolphins (not sure about TPA’s). He was already on around 400k but Gus basically told him we’re overpaying you. The dogs offer was less than or largely similar to his previous contract which is essentially saying we’re happy to lose you. Brought a new expensive place near the water in Redcliffe, lucky lad.
I truly wish him well,
I don't believe he offered a complete conviction to the decision makers despite his current form.