No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yous all on here thinking hunt will be at dogs when his a qld its titans

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reckon hunt told gould in recent discussions he has requested a release and he wants to go back to qld.
gould has got the shites and leaked it to his grub mate weidler to try and disrupt qld soo preparation.
The kennel always has a great conspiracy theory

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think it’s titans. Mal is in camp whispering in his ear egging him on. If he does go there, it’ll be more of the same for him. Atleast with us he’s got a real chance of getting to the finals

OR he fucking hates flanno and just wants to get away

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This from today's SMH

Dragons captain Ben Hunt is unhappy with the way the club is being run and wants to leave as soon as possible.
Hunt’s manager, Col Davis, said he contacted incoming St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan on Saturday to tell him his star client wants a release. However, Flanagan said later that night he had not heard from Davis, but did not want to comment further.

In an ideal world, Hunt would leave the Dragons now. But there are obvious obstacles to overcome, including gaining a release from St George Illawarra, and finding a club with the suitable cap space.
Hunt notified the Dragons of his desire for an early exit, with his preference being to return home to Queensland.

Hunt refused to guarantee he would remain at the Dragons when asked this week while in Queensland Origin camp.
It can be revealed the 33-year-old informed club officials of his plans for a fresh start before the Origin series started.
The Gold Coast Titans have emerged as the front-runners for Hunt’s signature. Young playmaker Toby Sexton has another year to run on his deal, but he has already been shopped to rival clubs.
Wayne Bennett has worked with Hunt in the past, but the Dolphins are not expected to make a play for the international halfback.
Hunt has been the Dragons’ best player again this season, but the sacking of good friend Anthony Griffin – and other decisions – have tested his patience.

Flanagan confirmed he wanted Hunt as his halfback before he was appointed to the top job earlier this week, but it appears to be a case of too little too late.
Flanagan made his desire to keep Hunt clear when he told 2GB on Saturday: “He’s got a contract. I spoke to Ben before I actually signed because I didn’t want to obviously become the Dragons coach and then our halfback wanting out of the club, and he was fine with all that if I was to get the job.
Clouded future: Dragons captain Ben Hunt.

Clouded future: Dragons captain Ben Hunt.CREDIT:GETTY
“He’s in Origin camp at the moment obviously, and I’m not going to worry him while he’s in there. I’ll get to him next week and I’m sure that’s OK.
“But from the club’s perspective, he’s our captain, he’s our halfback and we need him. I won’t be letting him go anywhere.”

Hunt, however, has told those close to him a change is the best thing for his football and future.
A club that is ready to push for premiership success is ideal, but not vital to any deal.
Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould has spoken with Hunt about joining Canterbury, but Hunt’s heart lies in Queensland. He has often spoken about returning home once his career ends, but his family would love for that move to happen sooner rather than later.
Hunt is prepared to see out his Dragons deal, but is privately happy his intentions have now been made public.

This masthead has reached out to Hunt and the Dragons for comment.
Meanwhile, Canterbury have been linked to former Panthers premiership winner Tyrone May. May was sacked by Penrith for a controversial Instagram post after the 2021 grand final, which referenced an earlier court case where he pleaded guilty to filming an intimate image without consent.
May has been playing in the Super League with Catalans, but is keen to return home and has a strong friendship with Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo.
May also wants to play with his brothers, Terrell and Taylan, who are off contract at the Roosters and Panthers respectively at the end of 2024.
Catalans coach Steve McNamara said on Saturday night: “We’ve been having ongoing dialogue with Tyrone, but nothing has come of it yet.

“He’s been super since he’s come here – he’s been great for us – but we also know he has a long-held desire to play with his brothers.
“He’s in the best condition he’s probably been in, his diet regime has been outstanding, and the way he’s lived his life since he’s been here, he’s in great physical shape and a really smart player – he’s probably one of the most intelligent players I’ve coached in terms of rugby knowledge.
“He’s a player we’d be keen to play, but we also know he’s a player NRL clubs will look at.”

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think at the end of the day it's going to come down to Money. None of the two clubs are realistic chances of winning a premiership but Titans have a lot going in their favor. They're sitting higher on the ladder and arguably have a better forward pack. Brimson, Mo Fotuaika, Fifita and Tino are his QLD team mates.

It's possibly his last contract so money will be the key factor I reckon.

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate.

If true, 3 years for a bloke who's turning 34 at the start of next season...Thats a BIG CALL