Does Baz look at himself and wonder “wow I’m rubbish”

Azoabi7

Waterboy
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
Thank you for your input

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Quality first post..

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett came to this sorry excuse of a team, tried to fix it but couldn’t succeed, then had the decency to realise this and resign.

No point going on about a guy who at least tried but was out of his depth.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best way to look at it, he set the foundations, brought the players and up skilled some, educated them on what the elite competition is doing, etc.
Potter was and is needed to play them now to their capabilities and availability, while being able to read plays in defence and run plays in case they're needed.
These guys are capable enough, needed to dominate, minimise errors, have direction, promote the ball more -2nd phase play, and not put their heads down if something doesn't go their way- walk tall.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh agree is this necessary really?? I'd say no...
flogging a dead horse/kicking a man when he's down. he's been gone for about a month now, he did a great job with recruitment but unfortunately couldn't get the team firing. not everyone is cut out for NRL coaching. But the team has improved since and we've got nothing to be pissed off about, move on in my opinion

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
flogging a dead horse/kicking a man when he's down. he's been gone for about a month now, he did a great job with recruitment but unfortunately couldn't get the team firing. not everyone is cut out for NRL coaching. But the team has improved since and we've got nothing to be pissed off about, move on in my opinion
Exactly, its over good for both parties why bother.
Would be the sort of bloke who would be happy to see the club having some wins(in no way is the guy an arsehole in my opinion).
If he wants a gig at Fox there are some amateurs there who should be worried Lol

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you all have gone too hard on Baz. Yes he had a go and couldn't come up with the goods. Not all teams can play the "structured" game like Penrith. Just like when Hasler was here, the "structure" only lasted until the core of the group moved on and new players unfamiliar with each others games were introduced. Barrett being a new coach probably doesn't understand the concept, whereas Potter, who has been around forever, does.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So bagging Barrett is off limits now he's gone? You guys sure like to suck all the fun out of the forum.

Des has been gone for five years but he's still the devil incarnate on here. Des got us into the finals every year and to two grand finals. But the club was left in a hell of a mess when he went, and a decent share of the blame (I don't think anyone on here knows how much) can be sheeted home to Des.

Is it OK to bag Raelene Castle? If I were compiling a rogues gallery of people who have done damage to the Dogs, she would feature prominently.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I've found Kyle Flanagans legit account on the kennel!!!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the point of posts like this?
Does it make you feel better to belittle someone from behind the keyboard?
Sure, Barrett did a poor job as head coach, but the bloke had a distinguished playing career and has likely achieved more in his life than most.
He's gone now and consigned to the past, just enjoy the fact we've won a couple of games and let sleeping dogs lie.