Opinion Dockar-Clay

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a solid utility. I like his aggression and how hard he plays. I don't care that he's 27.. He can be signed to a Reserve Grade contract and be called up later in the season as a bench player if needed. Not everyone at the club can have superstar potential. You need cheap squad players like ZDC, RFM etc.
RFM isn’t a cheap squad player bro

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He's off contract. If we re-sign him it'd be on a cheaper, short term deal. He's not getting more than 250k considering his injury history. That's pretty cheap for a player of his calibre.
I'd say no lower than 350k just given his games under his belt. Its still a risk at that price, but one with heaps of upside. He would be well advised to take a 1yr contract unless he is not very confident in his rehab.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ray is 30 next year and has had a serious injury with long rehab issues. Love the guy but the club would be very wary of overpaying or longer than 1-2 year contract...or should be. I hope Gus finds a way of finding a spot for him.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say no lower than 350k just given his games under his belt. Its still a risk at that price, but one with heaps of upside. He would be well advised to take a 1yr contract unless he is not very confident in his rehab.
I think we should offer 1+1 year in our favour.
350 is too much, 250 possibly won’t get it done….somewhere in between…275-325 is probably fair to both parties given the risk..

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we should offer 1+1 year in our favour.
350 is too much, 250 possibly won’t get it done….somewhere in between…275-325 is probably fair to both parties given the risk..
200k is the figure take it or leave it ,1 plus 1 in clubs favour

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's off contract. If we re-sign him it'd be on a cheaper, short term deal. He's not getting more than 250k considering his injury history. That's pretty cheap for a player of his calibre.
If you get him for that! A few on Parras forum saying they should get him he looked good the other day he has played his way into a new 2 yr deal for me. Talk about JAC's entusiasm he brings to the side RFM brings it to the forward pack.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ray is 30 next year and has had a serious injury with long rehab issues. Love the guy but the club would be very wary of overpaying or longer than 1-2 year contract...or should be. I hope Gus finds a way of finding a spot for him.
OK so this is going to sound weird, but RFM's injury isn't all that "serious" as far as sporting injuries go. Foot stress fractures are not like a major bone fracture, syndesmosis, dislocated shoulder or any other injury that requires major surgery involving bones and ligaments with long term complex managed rehabilitation. If they had gone straight to the bone graft, which is a relatively minor surgery then it would have been a very quick recovery. Wear a moon boot for a couple of weeks, then working on the altered G for a couple more weeks gradually increasing the load to 100% body weight.

Chances of re-occurring are high unless it is being managed properly, but if managed appropriately then there is no reason why he would be sidelined for anywhere near as long again. Plus if it does reappear at least they know to go straight to the bone graft and not wait around for natural healing.

Always Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you get him for that! A few on Parras forum saying they should get him he looked good the other day he has played his way into a new 2 yr deal for me. Talk about JAC's entusiasm he brings to the side RFM brings it to the forward pack.
A 2 year deal would be risky considering his age and the fact that he's only played a handful of games the last few seasons.. They might offer him a 1 year deal with another year option in the clubs favour. You'd think he'd want to stay considering we've stuck with him for so long during his injury problems. We'll see what happens. He's getting better each week and hopefully he can stay healthy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
OK so this is going to sound weird, but RFM's injury isn't all that "serious" as far as sporting injuries go. Foot stress fractures are not like a major bone fracture, syndesmosis, dislocated shoulder or any other injury that requires major surgery involving bones and ligaments with long term complex managed rehabilitation. If they had gone straight to the bone graft, which is a relatively minor surgery then it would have been a very quick recovery. Wear a moon boot for a couple of weeks, then working on the altered G for a couple more weeks gradually increasing the load to 100% body weight.

Chances of re-occurring are high unless it is being managed properly, but if managed appropriately then there is no reason why he would be sidelined for anywhere near as long again. Plus if it does reappear at least they know to go straight to the bone graft and not wait around for natural healing.

Always Bulldog
Sounds weird I'm afraid ;)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for him to stay in Reggie’s and be called upon if needed. If he’s in our 17 each week then we are probably going poorly again let’s be honest.
I think your wrong their, when considering his form (mind only a few games), and the forwards we've currently got for 23, I say he is a certain starter.