Opinion Dockar-Clay

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t Ryan Gray have big wraps on him?
They always have big wraps. Media just drives it and makes it fall. Ryan Gray is on bar levels of J cook. Just mediocre attack and no defense.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
agree he is not first grade quality long term, need to use the spot for a junior coming through.
I might get attacked for this but BBO would excel at this role. Solid mins of mahoney and 10-20 mins of spark from BBO. I dont think BBO is the answer to partner Burton.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might get attacked for this but BBO would excel at this role. Solid mins of mahoney and 10-20 mins of spark from BBO. I dont think BBO is the answer to partner Burton.
I agree bro. I'm not sure that BBO will be an organising half. In saying that JT didn't look like he would be an organiser when he was young either

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i agree, i think his best spot is hooker/bench but Mahoney plays 80 minutes.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's no junior coming through in the immediate future.
yeh it is a problem, if ZDC stays it would be on base money as no other club would be chasing him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t Ryan Gray have big wraps on him?
Ryan Gray will be there one day, maybe another year in reserves will get him ready for the big show. In my opinion will be a gun utility for us when he is ready.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look, its a great story for his age and how he has been a humble, persistent reserve grade journeyman to finally make his debut but apart from that he has offered sweet fuck all. Got no info but i’m just hoping we dont offer him a top 30 contract. Just my opinion on him.
27 YOA.....might be worth 1 year extension depending on the rest of the year. For depth only.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a solid utility. I like his aggression and how hard he plays. I don't care that he's 27.. He can be signed to a Reserve Grade contract and be called up later in the season as a bench player if needed. Not everyone at the club can have superstar potential. You need cheap squad players like ZDC, RFM etc.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not the worse, haven't seen enough of him.

We were all getting a fat over dietz last year...what happen there.....lol

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He does offer some backup over a few positions, I’d be happy to keep him at the club but outside the top 30. Keep a few spots open for competition and he could work his way into the team from Rd11 or so like this year if his 2023 form warrants selection. I don’t know much about the Jnr 9s coming through but would be good to keep that top 30 spot open for options.

Reactions: ATT