Do you want Reni Maitua back?

Would you be happy if Reni Maitua came back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
**** Reni.

Once you leave you are not allowed back.

Unless you are Beastwood.

:grinning:

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Maitua? No. Form-wise, I don't really care where he left off. Trying to take the club to the cleaners and then crawling back? Turns me off a little - but doesn't factor in my decision for not wanting him.

He'll be 29 mid-way through next year, and I'd rather we focus on the development and retention of more junior players.

Maitua taking up a spot in the 25, would lessen the chances of guys like Foster, Benney, Rauicava, Gordon, and Romelo getting gigs in first-grade. All these blokes have a fair amount of potential. If we nurture that potential by introducing them slowly into first-grade (as we did with Barba), then they may turn out to be something really good.

If we block them out of first-grade for Maitua (who would get some kind of preference over younger players due to his extensive experience and technical skills), then that would not do their confidence, or chances, any justice.
On the ball again.

I for one, hope that it will not cost or deny Jake Foster, Gordon, Benney, Alaalatoa and co a spot in FG next year. They are the future and need to be developed rather back peddled in NSW Cup.

Reni will be out of the game for two years when his ban expires and he'll struggle to get back to full match fitness. He may be training the house down in Bali but it is not the same as playing the game of league.

G

Gladiator.

LOL him on a **** day is better than our backline atm, bring back the mongrel

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This one has a poll though. It was necessary to discover the ratio of YES/NO to Reni Maitua.

Quite surprising actually. I didn't think there would be that many Kennelers against signing him up.

It will be very interesting to see what happens :grinning:
Guess there hasnt been a poll. Surprised a bit how many ppl do want him back. Would a club who sacked a player bring him back? I think Godberg should throw a bucket of money to get Eastwood here and just teach who else we already have to play better.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm somewhere in the middle on this. Theres positives to both sides of the argument. He's 28 now and probably about as injury free as a footballer can be thanks to 2 years on the sidelines. Sailor Came back pretty well after a drug ban and he was a couple of years older. Forwards are supposed to peak at 27-30 so 28-29 isn't usually over the hill for your forwards (Tandy is 28 too and he's been our most consistent forward since signing on). It will be do or die for him now. If he doesn't prove himself well in his first season back he'll behard pressed to find a new deal so i think he'll work hard.

On the other hand a 19 year old with no NRL experience will be working just as hard towards his debut and hasn't been a headache to the club or tarnished it's image through poor decisions and lingering immaturity. If we sign him i'd like to see him perform at reserve grade level before he's even shown the locker room when the NRL squad needs it. Honestly not fussed and i hope he does well for himself wherever he ends up but if we have cap room left when we've made the rest of our signings and upgraded contracts that warrant it then he could be a good gamble.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
there's too much of a circus with Maitua, I'm so glad I don't have to defend our players anymore, **** that got old

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I for one, hope that it will not cost or deny Jake Foster, Gordon, Benney, Alaalatoa and co a spot in FG next year. They are the future and need to be developed rather back peddled in NSW Cup.
With the way our club is going at the moment, Reni is more likely to cost another team's junior a position in our club rather than one of our own.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can come back on minimum wage only.

If he signs with another club for more then he is a grub. He owes the dogs for sticking by him when he was a tard, also what he did to us when he left.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want Maitua back only for the fact I like seeing Btrainben so fired up.

Maitua was always consistent and always gave it his 100% despite what Btrainben says. If Btrainben disagrees, he has to take it up with me....

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, I'd prefer to lick my own toes after I have stepped in dog poo.

I liked the guy, still don't really begrudge him...I just think it would be an absolute waste of our time and money.

Razor

Waterboy
Reaction score
The bulldogs are kidding themselfs if they want Reni back had one good year behind one of the best forward backs in history. And the years after that he stuggled would not waste money on him at his age and the amount of time he has been out of the game same goes for Mason to.

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he struggled cos he was running a muck every weekend!
I reckon they should give him a second go, he can only give it his best shot which will help us. he use to offload heaps and run good lines in attack

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want Maitua back only for the fact I like seeing Btrainben so fired up.

Maitua was always consistent and always gave it his 100% despite what Btrainben says. If Btrainben disagrees, he has to take it up with me....
Haha. Oh I'll take it up in you all right! With you..... I definitely mean with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.