Do you smack your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I copped many smacks from my parents as a kid. I turned out all right (I hope).

Do you smack your kids?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I copped many smacks from my parents as a kid. I turned out all right (I hope).

Do you smack your kids?
Last I copped a metal cup on the head from my dad for misbehaving on the dinner table. I was 13 then....I turned out to be ok too.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe its more than ok to smack kids but not belt the living daylights out of them.

How else do explain anything to a 6 year old boy?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I suppose its a bit like teaching them how things were like in the analog days.

Computers & Ipads can only teach yo so much....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Me and my bro got everything until we became bigger than our parents in size, they trust us to be good people and we do our best.

Children need it to show them dominance and authority but to a certain extent and age ie not abuse and over doing it.

Without it you get a lot brats doing what they like and parents doing nothing about it, some kids don't need it because they learn and are good whole some need an ass whooping to get them straight early.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last I copped a metal cup on the head from my dad for misbehaving on the dinner table. I was 13 then....I turned out to be ok too.
In those days we respected but still loved our fathers.

These days we are fathers, are we meant to be like poofs (according to the law) or like our fathers?

I prefer old school tbh!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I suppose its a bit like teaching them how things were like in the analog days.

Computers & Ipads can only teach yo so much....
Hitting a kid with a computer would do wonders haha

Also schools teach kids being hit is wrong and to tell the cops and shit especially new age teachers but older teachers who copped it seem fine with it (usually primary school teachers oppose it compared to high school teachers) so be careful with that lol!

I remember my bro got belted by my dad ages ago and had to wear pants during summer to cover marks lol, a nosey teacher called my parents asking why he has no shorts so my dad told her to **** off and mind her own business lolol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me and my bro got everything until we became bigger than our parents in size, they trust us to be good people and we do our best.

Children need it to show them dominance and authority but to a certain extent and age ie not abuse and over doing it.

Without it you get a lot brats doing what they like and parents doing nothing about it, some kids don't need it because they learn and are good whole some need an ass whooping to get them straight early.
Too true.

Some kids like my daughter (9 years old) I have not smacked for years as she listens or starts crying when I shout.

My son (6 years old) cops it all the time and still does not learn. If I continue to pull his hair he will be balded by 10!

Is it a boy girl thing? Girls listen & boys just dont?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I lash my 3 year old with a belt buckle. Keeps her in line.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hitting a kid with a computer would do wonders haha

Also schools teach kids being hit is wrong and to tell the cops and shit especially new age teachers but older teachers who copped it seem fine with it (usually primary school teachers oppose it compared to high school teachers) so be careful with that lol!

I remember my bro got belted by my dad ages ago and had to wear pants during summer to cover marks lol, a nosey teacher called my parents asking why he has no shorts so my dad told her to **** off and mind her own business lolol
I sure your brother turned out fine!

The eldest always copped it....My younger brother always got me in trouble!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too true.

Some kids like my daughter (9 years old) I have not smacked for years as she listens or starts crying when I shout.

My son (6 years old) cops it all the time and still does not learn. If I continue to pull his hair he will be balded by 10!

Is it a boy girl thing? Girls listen & boys just dont?
Boys are hard to handle young while girls are good then when they get older vice versa lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I sure your brother turned out fine!

The eldest always copped it....My younger brother always got me in trouble!
Yeah lol, me being the elder I got more when we both did something haha

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In those days we respected but still loved our fathers.

These days we are fathers, are we meant to be like poofs (according to the law) or like our fathers?

I prefer old school tbh!
Tell me about it.

and then they complain why the youth is getting out of hands. why are they so disrespectfull towards each others, teachers, parents etc, COS THEY FCKEN NEVER LEARNT ANY MANNERS DICK HEADS!

Kids will always try to push the boudaries, I did too.... Glad my Dad stopped me verbally first and then physically when I didnt listen.

If I was born in this day and age with current rules, I can guarantee you I would be in fcken jail by 18.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Boys are hard to handle young while girls are good then when they get older vice versa lol

I was the youngest of 3 brothes, I copped it from my dad as well as both my elder brothers.

Man I did get physically abused ..lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you poor bloke!

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehe ..... Your never to old in the Samoan culture to cope
a beating from your parents... Was at a renuion in Samoa
and this old woman was going to town on her adult daughter,
who was holding her own baby ... Yep, holding a small child didn't
stop her mum causing a scene.
I have nephew and nieces who still cope it here, when they
come home a little drunk ... She is 24 , stills gets given black
eyes =( ....
In the Samoan culture, you can be fasi (smacked) by any older
relative.....the kids are real dobbers , they love telling on others
to see them cope hidings.... The old phone headset gets a
work out sometimes....
Personally... I have only smacked my son once when he was
young, was more of a reaction about being hit by him in the
nuts unexpectedly.... Have been lucky that he has always been
A quiet and sensible kid.
I grew up in the days of getting the cane and rulers, so I don't
have any problems for kids to get a little discipline if they step
out of line...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A smack on the bum never hurt anyone. But the need to smack a child is because of lack of discipline instilled in the child. When I say discipline, I do not mean punishment, theres a difference.
Discipline is achieved by repetitious instruction. After a while it becomes second nature. Its important for mum and dad to be on the same page and for one not to relent or oppose what is being taught. Kids learn respect this way.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was smacked. Will smack.
The point is not to do it out of anger and frustration. Too many parents hit their kids to make themselves feel better, that's not on.

oso bad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bad Billy and I were punished we coped the wooden spoon the bamboo stick then the bamboo stick taped up when it broke lol the ruler wooden and metal the flying shoe and sometimes the hand we were bad and really baited each other but we learnt from our lessons.
I think it is about rules and learning how to move on and up in life, I mean we got it if our grades were bad at school BB never got it for grades just becuase every report from kindergarten said that he would not shut up.

I hit my kids yes anywhere anytime if they do something wrong now I have the look (you all know the look yeah) I have mastered it they see it and say "I did nothing . . . . what daddy" and then say sorry.

I will one day hopefully look back and say I did everything I could for them and I hope that they see it and appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.