Dispelling Jake Preston and Davey myth

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Davey had a moan to a gossip columnist who he knew would weaponise his words against the club. If Davey wants to give it he’s gonna have to take it, and Graham has made him look like the pussy he is.

Meanwhile, if Davey does have mental health issues, how has Rothfield helped by dragging him into his personal feud with Gus? Don’t tell me Rothfield gives a shit about Davey, he’s just a pawn.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree 100%.
Davey was competing with RFM (club captain) Kikau (big off season signing), Preston (Rookie), Waddell, Okonbor (probably wasn’t viewed as 2nd rower at the time he signed), Morrin.
I believe he would have thought he was in the 17, maybe he was told that I dunno.
To me he wasn’t getting the minutes and probably trained too hard for his liking, opportunity come up with last years grand finalists where he’s played before and they had a spot open with N.Brown and Papalii leaving. Took the easy way out and then had a whinge. He’s shot himself in the foot in regards to his character
[emoji115]= @Nasheed schooled again …

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Davey was old, only had a few years left in him. Contract with the dogs was what he saw was the best chance he had to play first grade, and make something of his career.

not because of injuries or shit, but he honestly thought he'd be the 2nd best back rower at the club. But as James stated, Preston jumped him in the pecking order because of how he trained. Gus was even talking him up as a future captain.

Andrew who?

It became clear to Davey, that Preston stole his opportunity. training with Preston every day just reminded him.

if you think his age had nothing to do with him dumping and running, well you wouldn't doubt if you have ever dated women in their 30's, that don't have kids and want them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t blindly support Rothfield. I just use my gift- critical thinking.
Calling him ‘Drunkfield’ is another example of sheep mentality. There never been any evidence he is drunk, besides having rosacea, which is cruel to pick on him for.
But I also don’t support Buzz, because also with my critical thinking I can see he’s obsessed with Phil Gould, so that is at okay. I’m not blind to that like everyone else.
I think Davey was being honest but naive.
do we discredit Davey hisy because he isn’t a marquee player?
What if Burton and Foxx came and said this?
When nearly half the squad is having serious concerns, I think we should keep our eyes open and tongues to the ground.
I think that there is a bit of overreach from all sides.

Rothfield is not a hater of the Bulldogs, but he is a journalist; and journalists need stories that draw in viewers or readers. What makes a story worth looking at is sensationalism - a standard Murdoch tactic. Quite often the main part of the story will contain a grain of truth, but it needs beating up if it is to do its job and get people's passions up. The headline is the grabber.

Graham is reacting in defence of his old club, and his part is to raise those passions for the viewers, too. I wish it wouldn't come down to personal attacks on players, but their audience seems to enjoy it.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think that there is a bit of overreach from all sides.

Rothfield is not a hater of the Bulldogs, but he is a journalist; and journalists need stories that draw in viewers or readers. What makes a story worth looking at is sensationalism - a standard Murdoch tactic. Quite often the main part of the story will contain a grain of truth, but it needs beating up if it is to do its job and get people's passions up. The headline is the grabber.

Graham is reacting in defence of his old club, and his part is to raise those passions for the viewers, too. I wish it wouldn't come down to personal attacks on players, but their audience seems to enjoy it.
But he is a hater of Phil Gould. There was a long period were Buzz only referred to Gus as Philip Ronald Gould as Gus had sued him for something. So Buzz decided that he would only refer to Gus by the name that appeared on the court papers. That really just sums up Buzz.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Davey was old, only had a few years left in him. Contract with the dogs was what he saw was the best chance he had to play first grade, and make something of his career.

not because of injuries or shit, but he honestly thought he'd be the 2nd best back rower at the club. But as James stated, Preston jumped him in the pecking order because of how he trained. Gus was even talking him up as a future captain.

Andrew who?

It became clear to Davey, that Preston stole his opportunity. training with Preston every day just reminded him.

if you think his age had nothing to do with him dumping and running, well you wouldn't doubt if you have ever dated women in their 30's, that don't have kids and want them.
Davey deciding to move on after seeing the writing on the wall was probably a good decision for him. Probably obvious that Ciraldo wasnt that fussed on him. Once you get that vibe off the coach, you pretty much can't see it changing and you know your footy career will be stalling. Maybe Topine felt the same way.

Maybe there's others as well. Maybe Ciro is a coach that some players dont get much hope from in advancing their career or feel like they aren't highly thought of...for some other reason other than training efforts.

We don't know. But that does happen. A new coach comes in and you feel out of the loop somewhat or you go to a new club and soon realise its not for you.

In both scenarios its best to face it, see management and negotiate a release.

Then in your own best interests, you shut your mouth and make the best of your new situation, and club, and pray you are wiser and more grateful for your footy career with your new club and opportunity.

You do not talk to any of our current rugby league sports journalists bc they are just disgusting, gutter gossip hounds.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny manly fans are saying Davey soiled over losing a starting position over a kid there also lol

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"critical thought " wow i have read some shit on this forum

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst Rothfield and Graham trade soft friendly Barbs and get rich of hits and views to their media, Andrew Davey, getting thrashes pilor to post, just be like:
8598B6BA-1748-41DB-A4E4-090C6C9F082C.jpeg

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@tonee how is this acceptable
The schoolyard bullying here is getting embarrassing. Nobody can post anything here without it passing the pub test of the want to be moderators. You look at the posting history of these people and it's constant abuse. They never create a thread - just sit back and criticize/personally abuse anyone for daring to post something they don't agree with. Take this post for example. Lets see how many abusive replies this gets. Come at me.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst Rothfield and Graham trade soft friendly Barbs and get rich of hits and views to their media, Andrew Davey, getting thrashes pilor to post, just be like:
View attachment 81136
And ?
Andrew Davey should’ve shut the fuck up and kept quiet, you can’t throw rocks from a glass house.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The schoolyard bullying here is getting embarrassing. Nobody can post anything here without it passing the pub test of the want to be moderators. You look at the posting history of these people and it's constant abuse. They never create a thread - just sit back and criticize/abuse anyone for daring to post something they don't agree with. Take this post for example. Lets see how many abusive replies this gets. Come at me.
There a difference between having a different opinion and trolling.
You don’t think every single thing the club does gets attacked by the same people is trolling?